INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covid Vaccinations Florida

+15
Sherman
mudgirl
ferret
Jreboll
mattoleriver
lakeside7
ComputerGuy
Zedinmexico
BisbeeGal
RickS
slainte39
Carry Bean
Canmex 87
CanuckBob
RoyD
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Covid Vaccinations Florida Empty Covid Vaccinations Florida

Post by RoyD Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:53 pm

All,

The vaccinations have started but there is a great lack of specific information on when/where we will get them. I have searched all the Florida state and county websites trying to find out how vaccinations will be handled, and there just isn't anything posted out there. I went to the Duval County Immunization website and they gave an email for Covid questions. At least that is SOMETHING. I emailed my question to that address and was surprised that I got an answer in 48 hours. Still not much on specifics, but at least I have a general idea as how it is going to be rolled out here in Florida. The main thing is supply. They do not have a lot of vaccine yet, so as it comes available we will be notified.

Here is my question and I will follow with the reply on the next post (it is lengthy). I hope it will be some help to you guys with what to expect in the months to come.

Roy D

Florida Health,

I am 68 years old with high blood pressure and diabetes type2, and my
wife is 67 years old with a heart murmur that requires her to take
antibiotics before surgeries and dental visits. Since we are both high
risk for Covid 19, what group will we be in for receiving our
vaccinations and where do we go to get them?

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Covid Vaccinations Florida Empty Re: Covid Vaccinations Florida

Post by RoyD Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:54 pm

Response:

Thank you for writing to the COVID-19 Call Center.

Widespread availability of the vaccine is not expected until Spring 2021. As more doses become available Florida will expand availability to the next tier of prioritized groups, including health care workers and those over age 65 and those with underlying medical conditions that put them at increased risk. Priority groups may vary based on which vaccines are approved, vaccine availability, and the groups a vaccine is authorized for use in. As supply increases the vaccine will eventually become available to all who want it.

When and where vaccines will be made available will be widely communicated and promoted as each new shipment is received. There is not a waiting list or pre-registration for receiving the vaccine. Once there is sufficient supply of vaccine available for mass immunization, it is likely that County Health Departments will open Public Mass Vaccination Clinics, and the Department of Health and/or Florida’s Division of Emergency Management might open such clinics to ensure there is equitable distribution of the vaccine. Per the CDC, vaccine doses purchased with tax dollars will be given at no cost, though there may be charges by some providers for administering vaccine doses.
To view the most up to date information about COVID-19 vaccines in Florida, visit the Department of Health Website here: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/covid-19-vaccines-in-florida/
For updates about the vaccine and distribution from Governor Ron DeSantis, text ‘flcovid19’ to 888777.
This is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation. The CDC and State of Florida will continue to provide updated information and guidance through their websites.

Please be sure to visit and regularly monitor the Department's dedicated COVID-19 webpage at www.FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19. This remains the best and most up-to-date resource for information and guidance regarding COVID-19 in Florida.

You may also visit CDC’s website for more information regarding COVID-19 at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/

The Call Center can be reached by calling 1-866-779-6121 or emailing COVID-19@flhealth.gov and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
COVID-19 Call Center

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:56 pm

So realistically it sounds like June for you. Good luck.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:44 am

Actually, I will be in the next wave as I am a high risk. I am thinking February. It all depends on when sufficient quantities of vaccine become available. My wife will be in the third wave, so I'm thinking March for her.

I have not heard much from down there, but I am guessing 6 to 12 months for you guys.

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:55 am

Well they are quoting the same timeline as up your way but I am skeptical. Mexico is not known for their timeliness or adherence to schedules.....lol.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:26 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Well they are quoting the same timeline as up your way but I am skeptical. Mexico is not known for their timeliness or adherence to schedules.....lol.

Todays' Informador is reporting that AMLO will allow private organizations and/or Governors to purchase and resell the Covid vaccine. He says the federal government has purchased enough vaccines for all Mexicans and permanent residents and will begin free vaccinations to the general public in February but private clinics are also free to purchase and sell the vaccines.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:33 pm

I’d be happy to pay for it especially if it means that the government can use the one I could have had goes to someone who couldn’t afford it.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, ferret, slainte39, SunFan and kiko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:05 pm

RoyD wrote:Actually, I will be in the next wave as I am a high risk. I am thinking February. It all depends on when sufficient quantities of vaccine become available. My wife will be in the third wave, so I'm thinking March for her.

I have not heard much from down there, but I am guessing 6 to 12 months for you guys.

February here for high risk if they can adhere to the schedule and the vaccine arrives.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:08 pm

slainte39 wrote:
RoyD wrote:Actually, I will be in the next wave as I am a high risk. I am thinking February. It all depends on when sufficient quantities of vaccine become available. My wife will be in the third wave, so I'm thinking March for her.

February here for high risk if they can adhere to the schedule and the vaccine arrives.

I sure hope you’re right though I’m hoping Quality Care is able to buy it sooner but we have no choice but to wait and see.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:21 pm

The biggest obstacle that I am concerned about for Mexico is that the first two vaccines have such a low temperature requirement that Mexico is just not prepared other than in large Metro areas.... or very close by. Moderna's requirement is not nearly as bad as Pfizer's but still.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:19 am

UPDATE!!!!

Duval county Florida is starting vaccinations for 65+ group Monday. You have to have an appointment and they give you a phone number to make it. The trouble is, the phone system was inoperable yesterday and they are closed today & New Years. So, did anyone actually make an appointment yesterday for Monday? You would think they would have made sure the phone system was operable before putting the word out. Oh, I forgot. Bureaucrats don't think.
RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:31 am

Same problem all over FL.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-ron-desantis-kings-point-delray-20201230-nfr6dbaae5bexiqqy6tln7ytta-story.html

Frustrated South Florida seniors jammed phone lines and crashed a state health department website on Wednesday as they tried to make appointments to get a COVID vaccine.

“If you are someone 65 or older, you are going to get access to this. It might not be today for everyone, may not be next week, but over the next many weeks, as long as we keep getting the supply, you’re going to have the opportunity to get this,” he [the FL Governor] said.

Barbara Shlevin, a 71-year-old retired librarian, is trying to be patient but she wants the vaccine. She called Broward Health’s vaccine appointment line 183 times in the last 24 hours.

“When you do get through, it disconnects you,” she said.

Broward Health, which operates hospitals in Broward County, stopped taking vaccination appointments by noon, saying they were booked through February.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

RickS likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:27 am

So Barbara Shlevin is 'trying to be patient' but called the appointment line 183 times in 24 hours!  That's being patient???

And while I'm on a rant.... it never ceases to amaze me how government organizations 'plan' for something like this... or better said how they DON'T plan well.  You announce, to a state that has many millions of senior citizens, that they can have their vaccine shot early RIGHT NOW and you give them a phone number to call and...... guess what!?!.... the phone lines and the computer systems can't handle the load and crash.  Now you've got millions mad and frustrated and all you can say is, "hang on, this may take weeks" and that's if Florida actually get its allotment of vaccine on time, which is not a given by any means!

EOR
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:49 am

RickS wrote:The biggest obstacle that I am concerned about for Mexico is that the first two vaccines have such a low temperature requirement that Mexico is just not prepared other than in large Metro areas.... or very close by. Moderna's requirement is not nearly as bad as Pfizer's but still.  

No big difference!  Pfizer is -70C/-94F ( rumor is we have one of these in Guad being put in right now)
                           Modena -20C/-4F

So Modena can be stored in more common medical freezers,  the Pfizer needs specialty freezers (these are back ordered and not available at this time)

How long will the Vaccines last frozen and in a fridge.
Pfizer   6 months at -70C
          5 days in fridge.
Modena 6 months at -20C
           30 days in fridge

Since -70C freezers are back ordered the higher storage temperature of the Modena vaccine may turn out to be an advantage over the Pfizer in many environments.

FYI flu vaccines are stored above freezing and can't be frozen so no comparison can be made for the folks who were curious like me.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:00 pm

RickS wrote:So Barbara Shlevin is 'trying to be patient' but called the appointment line 183 times in 24 hours!  That's being patient???

And while I'm on a rant.... it never ceases to amaze me how government organizations 'plan' for something like this... or better said how they DON'T plan well.  You announce, to a state that has many millions of senior citizens, that they can have their vaccine shot early RIGHT NOW and you give them a phone number to call and...... guess what!?!.... the phone lines and the computer systems can't handle the load and crash.  Now you've got millions mad and frustrated and all you can say is, "hang on, this may take weeks" and that's if Florida actually get its allotment of vaccine on time, which is not a given by any means!

EOR

What's worse is the handbook prepared by the Obama administration to cover exactly this kind of scenairio, refused by the Dump admin. It includes infrastructure and delivery methodology. These whitehouse turds didn't even have to think about it; they could have just followed the instructions (probably done in line drawings, anticipating the lack of comprehension skills in the current administrations).

You can bet Biden is using it. And he is right: at the rate they are going in the US, it could take up to a couple of years.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39, kiko, sturdley and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:08 pm

I have finished talking with a friend in Wynmoor Estates. Fl and she and the residents there are scheduled to receive the vaccine starting next week, she has an appointment for the 6th Jan. Interestingly those Canadain there who have a US drivers licence can also receive the shot

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:30 pm

I remember the days when they had local radio promotions/prizes and you had to call in with the 10th caller winning. You would redial forever trying to get through until you did and found out someone else beat you out. Calling the covid hotline is no different, only your competing with a lot more people trying to get through.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:54 pm

You will all be relieved to know that little Marco Rubio, who denounced Covid as a hoax for months, jumped right to the front of the line and was vaccinated days ago.Covid Vaccinations Florida 74ebe89e03fe473d9bdf3eb391022d9d_md
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:46 am

Good vaccine tracking tool by state from WaPo
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/health/covid-vaccine-states-distribution-doses/?itid=sn_coronavirus_4/
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:21 am

My wife and I(over 65yo) and my 45yo diabetic son are signed up for Tuesday in San Antonio, TX.
Maybe some of you should consider flying into Texas to get it.

Last edited by Jreboll on Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misp)

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:50 am

Jreboll wrote:My wife and I(over 65yo) and my 45yo diabetic son are signed up for Tuesday in San Antonio, TX.

I assume by "it" you mean the vaccine and not the illness? I'll wait thank you.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39, kamcd and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:22 am

Jreboll wrote:My wife and I(over 65yo) and my 45yo diabetic son are signed up for Tuesday in San Antonio, TX.

Won't they require a Texas ID?
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:52 am

BisbeeGal wrote:

Won't they require a Texas ID?  

What better ID than your physical presence?        lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:48 pm

Awesome. Let us know what you think of it. Is it Pfizer or Moderna?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:17 pm

Moderna. Will report back with my experience. Here’s more info.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/12/31/covid-19-vaccinations-offered-by-university-health-for-seniors-people-with-chronic-medical-conditions/?outputType=amp

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next