INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it raining there?

+10
CheenaGringo
Solovino
CanuckBob
Parker
hound dog
saege007
raqueteer
simpsca
Chapalagringa
Intercasa
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is it raining there? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it raining there?

Post by David Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Above the Careterra in Ajijic we had .69 and a little bit of hail. It's nice to see. I was starting to think the rainy season was over. This may be the last though.

David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:23 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:The Lake Chapala weather station is showing .13" in Riberas.

Chapalagringa:
The designated "Lake Chapala Destination Expert" claims to have lived at the Lake since 2006. She is a member of TOB but probably 90 to 95% of her posts/reviews on TripAdvisor are for Puerta Vallarta, Acapulco and other tourist destinations. Her contributions on Lake Chapala are miniscule and she has been totally ineffective at promoting the area!

Yesiree, I went to SAT today or was it, I took my SAT's today?

:) it's ok. If she wants to call it SAT! It is SAT for her! Very Happy
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:30 pm

raqueteer wrote:Yep, when I wash that car, every 6 months, whether it needs it or not, things happen.
This time hail, fire and brimstone. Oh all right forget the fire and brimstone. We did get the hail however.

You all are so silly tonight! Simpsca is having a case of "The Birds" while raqueteer's car got washed so surely in the morning it'll be totaled out by the hail storm we had tonight! Unless a tree falls on it first from the hurricane winds. lol

raqueteer, about a month ago we saw a pretty decent car parked in front of SuperLake, covered with (well I can't type what I'm thinking but it was...) poop. Is that your car? Very Happy
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:42 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:
raqueteer wrote:Yep, when I wash that car, every 6 months, whether it needs it or not, things happen.
This time hail, fire and brimstone. Oh all right forget the fire and brimstone. We did get the hail however.

You all are so silly tonight! Simpsca is having a case of "The Birds" while raqueteer's car got washed so surely in the morning it'll be totaled out by the hail storm we had tonight! Unless a tree falls on it first from the hurricane winds. lol

raqueteer, about a month ago we saw a pretty decent car parked in front of SuperLake, covered with (well I can't type what I'm thinking but it was...) poop. Is that your car? Very Happy

Yeah, that was probably mine. Sure glad I didn't get it tarted up after all that hail. It was embarrassing going to an actual car wash, but I just didn't have the heart to ask an unarmed guy to do the job. I didn't let them touch the broken side mirror, or the inside. Gotta have some pride. Smokealot

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Simple report: Rained like hell here in Ajijic Village for a while. Just long enough to trigger the few leaks.
It was our fault. We watered the plants.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:18 pm

gringal wrote:Simple report: Rained like hell here in Ajijic Village for a while. Just long enough to trigger the few leaks.
It was our fault. We watered the plants.

See now, I turned off the sprinklers this morning so my drying rug wouldn't get wet again. No cars were washed either. Therefore, we saw some lightening, heard some thunder and fireworks(which btw, why are there so many fireworks at odd hours today?) so we had no rain.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:20 pm

raqueteer wrote:
Chapalagringa wrote:

Yeah, that was probably mine. Sure glad I didn't get it tarted up after all that hail. It was embarrassing going to an actual car wash, but I just didn't have the heart to ask an unarmed guy to do the job. I didn't let them touch the broken side mirror, or the inside. Gotta have some pride. Smokealot

lol... why don't you let them clean the inside??? lol Take out your cd's or tempting change and let them vacuum it out! Detail it.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:55 pm

Can ya'll see the aurora borealis from Chapala?
Appears the Sun had itself a Giant Solar Flare and the Northern Lights are very bright right now...
NEWS said The Earth is directly in the path for the next few days and Electrical & Communication Disruptions are possible...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:59 pm

Chapala gringa, You aren't reading the Events Page. This is one of the many events in October and it starts Sept. 26:

Before October actually starts, the Chapala Patron Saint Fiesta commences on Sept. 26 and concludes on October 4, the feast day of Saint

Francis of Assisi
, lover of peace, nature, and animals, and the patron saint of Chapala. Since several other towns in the region also have St. Francis as their patron saint, some very exciting and exotic Azteca Dancers(Danzantes) visit for the main procession.

The 9-day Fiesta routine is standard - each day will feature early morning, noon, and evening cohetes (noisy sky-rockets), Masses, and processions from different neighborhoods to the church. After each evening Mass, there will be a dance with a Banda in front of the Church. Check the Guadalajara Reporter for more details.

Here is a slideshow of the San Francisco Fiesta Procession from last year:

http://travel.webshots.com/slideshow/574944906wOmDOR

Last edited by simpsca on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:12 pm

hockables wrote:Can ya'll see the aurora borealis from Chapala?
Appears the Sun had itself a Giant Solar Flare and the Northern Lights are very bright right now...
NEWS said The Earth is directly in the path for the next few days and Electrical & Communication Disruptions are possible...

First I've got to google that which you asked about, and then take a look outside over the mountains. That would be awesome! It's cloudy tonight, remember? We're talking about rain...so whatever aurora I'm seeing are lights from Ixtlahaucan. :)

Thank you Simpsca! The fireworks are odd this year. Clusters at odd hours. The last set had 3 clusters and a few cohetes. This morning the clusters started at 7 a.m. Who's out there to enjoy them?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:33 pm

Which direction were you looking? I went out and didn't see anything. Will go up on the roof tomorrow night. I think there is ice up there now.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:08 pm

Really dark and windy in Chapala! Heard some thunder. So don't want the rainy season to end yet! It's a spooky kind of wind, lol

Yep...big drops of rain! Love it!!!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:20 pm

Did the same thing here is San Juan Cosala last night and rained all night.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:36 pm

Let's see, we have the Tall Boys playing at the Beer Garden tomorrow night and the grand reopening of the Hole in One and we are all bent about some rain that is drastically needed. Be thankful that you may receive some more rain. We are supposed to have had 7"+ by now but stuck on 1.91" since the first of the year!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:28 pm

simpsca wrote:

Which direction were you looking? I went out and didn't see anything. Will go up on the roof tomorrow night. I think there is ice up there now.

lol.... north
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2