INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stimulus Checks from the IRS

+3
ComputerGuy
benjji
Bubba2shoes
7 posters

Go down

Stimulus Checks from the IRS Empty Stimulus Checks from the IRS

Post by Bubba2shoes Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:01 pm

As U.S. taxpayers resident full time in Mexico and using a Mexican address , we have been awaiting our $1,200 stimulus check from the U.S. Treasury Department as promised by our government in light of the Coronavirus emergency.  Last Week, we received a letter from the Treasury Department dated May 1st informing us that our stimulus checks had been mailed to our address here in Ajijic which is the address we use on our annual income tax returns and have used for some 20 years without issue.  As of yet we have received nothing some seven weeks later which may be understandable considering normal delays in U. S. to Mexico mailings through their respective  post offices.  I would like to know what the experience has been for other full time residents of Mexico who file U.S. federal income tax returns annually.  Have any of you received your stimulus checks yet or, if not, the same notice we received.  Your input would be appreciated.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Stimulus Checks from the IRS Empty Re: Stimulus Checks from the IRS

Post by benjji Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:10 pm

We received ours via our Mexican MailBox service....2 weeks after being notified that it had been mailed to us.

benjji
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:25 pm

TOB has pages and pages of pointless comments from people nattering on about their bank account and receipt history. Why? No one needs to know my status. What will come will come.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Stimulus Checks from the IRS Empty RE: Stimulus Check from the IRS

Post by DolceVita Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:59 am

Bubba2shoes wrote:As U.S. taxpayers resident full time in Mexico and using a Mexican address , we have been awaiting our $1,200 stimulus check from the U.S. Treasury Department as promised by our government in light of the Coronavirus emergency.  Last Week, we received a letter from the Treasury Department dated May 1st informing us that our stimulus checks had been mailed to our address here in Ajijic which is the address we use on our annual income tax returns and have used for some 20 years without issue.  As of yet we have received nothing some seven weeks later which may be understandable considering normal delays in U. S. to Mexico mailings through their respective  post offices.  I would like to know what the experience has been for other full time residents of Mexico who file U.S. federal income tax returns annually.  Have any of you received your stimulus checks yet or, if not, the same notice we received.  Your input would be appreciated.

Bubba,

You may want to have your filed 1040 in front of you as there will be specific questions making sure it's you and or with your spouse.
Good Luck!  
https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

DolceVita

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:04 am

Message omitted by poster. Thanks for the hint DolceVita.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tombo Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:30 pm

We have a Mexican address on file with IRS and still haven't received our EIP checks. I just went to Get My Payment on IRS site and was informed that the payment was scheduled (?) to be sent to our Ajijic address on May 22. I followed the links on FAQs and informed that I could send a trace request on the check by filling out IRS form 3911 with specific instructions on how to complete form and where to mail it for our situation.
tombo
tombo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:16 pm

As I received a mailed notice that our stimulus check had been mailed dated May 1 but received by me in August, I called the IRS to tell them I still had not received that check which was to be mailed to my residence in Ajijic,Jalisco. The IRS representative I spoke to over the telephone was very courteous but told me there was a significant delay in mailing those checks as they had experienced staff shortages due to the Coronavirus epidemic in the states. She suggested that I wait until October to trace the check as the problem may be a post office mail delay and my instituting a trace now would result in the first check being stopped for payment. I decided to continue to wait for the check to be delivered for now and will post here if I receive it. If I do not by late September, I will institute a trace.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:19 pm

Mine arrived last Monday in my SS bank account in USA...

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:43 pm

artsnob wrote:Mine arrived last Monday in my SS bank account in USA...

Are you feeling stimulated and how long does it last?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:43 am

I am not a starving Artist now...

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

RickS likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:44 pm

Well, Artsnob, if it took them this long to get you your stimulus payment electronically, I guess I can expect a further delay in my mail delivered check here at Lake Chapala. Thanks for posting that information.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down