INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restaurants With Approval To Operate as of 18 June 2020

+4
Rosa Venus
cypress
ferret
BisbeeGal
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Restaurants With Approval To Operate as of 18 June 2020 Empty Restaurants With Approval To Operate as of 18 June 2020

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:57 pm

Approved by the Gobierno, list is at FB page of local restaurant association.  Supposedly if not on the list, the restaurant did not pass the Covid 19 requirements to operate as of yesterday.  PS: I tried to paste a picture of this, but it didn't work out.  

https://www.facebook.com/UNIONRUA/photos/ms.c.eJw9kMkNBCEQAzNa9X3kn9hqMOZZstuU0FSXaK2ondCfgmVHXDvB9YGX7V7u2RHb6sfffXmw3~_gbuU5uRU4w7xf9YX8XLOAWO9xN7nMvSR7k17~;Vjp872b9~_0r8N~;so9a~;BcdviEMceecc~;t7D2~;qNN~;7yXyejn8nH4hZ~_~;5J~;7X6OeJ9~_MP~_75TdQ~-~-.bps.a.150814219852224/151304716469841/?type=3&theater
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Restaurants With Approval To Operate as of 18 June 2020 Empty Re: Restaurants With Approval To Operate as of 18 June 2020

Post by ferret Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:14 pm

Restaurants With Approval To Operate as of 18 June 2020 Restau10
Restaurants With Approval To Operate as of 18 June 2020 Restau11
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Restaurants With Approval To Operate as of 18 June 2020 Empty Re: Restaurants With Approval To Operate as of 18 June 2020

Post by cypress Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:18 pm

A pretty extensive list. Except none listed for San Juan Cosala and Jocotepec. I wonder how many restaurants aren't on it.

Last edited by cypress on Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more information)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:13 am

cypress wrote:A pretty extensive list. Except none listed for San Juan Cosala and Jocotepec. I wonder how many restaurants aren't on it.

SJC is in municipio Jocotepec; this list is from Chapala gobierno.

Ferret, thanks for posting the picture.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:34 am

Thanks for posting the list Ferret!

Does anybody know if Meraki Bistro (not sure of spelling) in Ajijic on Ocampo is planning to re-open at some point?
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:37 am

Thanks Ferret. You are an expert at posting pics now. Muy bueno!!!!

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:40 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:
cypress wrote:A pretty extensive list. Except none listed for San Juan Cosala and Jocotepec. I wonder how many restaurants aren't on it.

SJC is in municipio Jocotepec; this list is from Chapala gobierno.  

Ferret, thanks for posting the picture.  

Yes. It is quite incomplete list.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:07 pm

Joco is a different muni. Maybe ask them!!!!

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:45 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Joco is a different muni. Maybe ask them!!!!

It is a shame Jocotepec doesn't post it openly for all to see. It is all the same state but different information is given out. It is nice to see that list but what about the rest of the area. This is asking them.

Last edited by cypress on Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:52 pm

They probably do, in their own periodicals.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:59 am

Trailrunner wrote:They probably do, in their own periodicals.

They must post it for all to see then someone would spot it and post it on Facebook where it would be picked up by one of the boards for west of Ajijic and we would all see it. It is interesting how Facebook is taking over from forums as a source of information and assistance.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:39 am

Which Joco FB pages do you follow?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:03 am

Trailrunner wrote:Which Joco FB pages do you follow?

-Westenders at Lake Chapala
-Gringos Ajijic and Laskeside
-Everything Lake Chapala & Ajijic
-Ajijic and Jocotepec Gringos and Expats without agenda
-Cultura Jocotepec

Last edited by cypress on Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more information)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:11 am

Is Westenders a FB page? Last time I was on it it was a chat group but that was years ago maybe they changed the platform, dunno. 

Perhaps you will find what you're looking for by following the Mexican pages instead of the gringo pages . . .?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:28 am

The problem with facebook is it is not catalogued or generally one long thread. Hard to find things within one of those groups unless you see it the day it gets posted.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:54 am

Search groups for specific/local group pages. Like/Follow them, then check your groups when you want to look for something or you can designate the pages you want to the top of your feed and they will be the first thing you see. Follow the Bomberos and Cruz Roja. Follow the ayuntamiento. 

Usually when there is something newsworthy in the municipality, all the local news pages report on it multiple times, adding videos, photos, updates, etc. They are very competitive. Sometimes more info in the comments.

All that said, I've found Joco doesn't have as many pages as Chapala municipality. And as far as Joco restaurant's approvals, there are very few restaurants, by comparison, and it's entirely possible there is no such approval system in existence. Joco marches to the beat of a different drum.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:06 am

Trailrunner wrote:Search groups for specific/local group pages. Like/Follow them, then check your groups when you want to look for something or you can designate the pages you want to the top of your feed and they will be the first thing you see. Follow the Bomberos and Cruz Roja. Follow the ayuntamiento. 

Usually when there is something newsworthy in the municipality, all the local news pages report on it multiple times, adding videos, photos, updates, etc. They are very competitive. Sometimes more info in the comments.

All that said, I've found Joco doesn't have as many pages as Chapala municipality. And as far as Joco restaurant's approvals, there are very few restaurants, by comparison, and it's entirely possible there is no such approval system in existence. Joco marches to the beat of a different drum.
There are more than 20 restaurants in San Juan Cosala. I don't know how many in Jocotepec-I can think of 7.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:24 am

cypress wrote:
Trailrunner wrote:Search groups for specific/local group pages. Like/Follow them, then check your groups when you want to look for something or you can designate the pages you want to the top of your feed and they will be the first thing you see. Follow the Bomberos and Cruz Roja. Follow the ayuntamiento. 

There are more than 20 restaurants in San Juan Cosala. I don't know how many in Jocotepec-I can think of 7.

Are you disputing that there are few restaurants in Joco and SJC by comparison to Chapala/Ajijic? Do you dismiss the possibility that there is no approval system for restaurants in those places?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:08 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:
cypress wrote:

Are you disputing that there are few restaurants in Joco and SJC by comparison to Chapala/Ajijic? Do you dismiss the possibility that there is no approval system for restaurants in those places?

No

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:40 pm

cypress wrote:

There are probably that many or more in Piedra Barrenada, which is in the Municipio of Jocotepec.  All very busy on the weekends, or were, until the lockdown.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:48 am

slainte39 wrote:
cypress wrote:

There are probably that many or more in Piedra Barrenada, which is in the Municipio of Jocotepec.  All very busy on the weekends, or were, until the lockdown.

Piedra Barrenada like San Juan Cosala is in the municipio  of Jocotepec but in reality are considered (locally-walking distance?) part of San Juan Cosala. Some of the restaurants in PB are open now.

Last edited by cypress on Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:06 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : correction)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:36 am

cypress wrote:

Piedra Barrenada like San Juan Cosala is in the municipio  of Jocotepec but in reality are considered (locally-walking distance?) part of San Juan Cosala.

In whose reality, not mine?  Those restaurants along the water front next to the Carretera have always been considered in Piedra Barrenada and I have been connected to SJC for years in business.  30, 40 years ago, they were the most "rustic" eating establishments you could find in Mexico.  lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:24 am

Now they are high end "laundromats".........lol.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:46 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:

Does anybody know if Meraki Bistro (not sure of spelling) in Ajijic on Ocampo is planning to re-open at some point?

Spelling is correct. I walk that way most afternoons and he has not been open, even this past weekend (both Fri. and Sat. around 6). His last FB post was in late April. Meraki's name is absent from the approved list, too.

I feel bad for them; unfortunate timing as they opened just before the virus hit. We went 2x a week before the mandated eat-in closure. He did some carryout for awhile and it was always good when we got it.

I hope he re-opens; it had the quality and ambiance to be in the top 5 Ajijic restaurants IMO.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:58 am

slainte39 wrote:
cypress wrote:

Piedra Barrenada like San Juan Cosala is in the municipio  of Jocotepec but in reality are considered (locally-walking distance?) part of San Juan Cosala.

In whose reality, not mine?  Those restaurants along the water front next to the Carretera have always been considered in Piedra Barrenada and I have been connected to SJC for years in business.  30, 40 years ago, they were the most "rustic" eating establishments you could find in Mexico.  lol!

Reality of Mexicans and settled gringos. They are within walking distance of SJC. Back to the OP. It is a shame that many restaurants in the western part of Lakeside aren't consider open-even though they are and they some of the premier restaurants around the lake. I am hoping Facebook will fix that.
Remember that it was the rocky outcrop, Piedra Barrenada, that protected San Juan Cosala from invasion from the west so that SJC could go on to become one of the first communities on the lake.

Last edited by cypress on Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:24 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : more information)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next