INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Future

+12
mattoleriver
K2tog
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
little italy
HoneyBee
Gamina
brigitte
espíritu del lago
kamcd
Jreboll
Trailrunner
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Our Future - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Future

Post by Trailrunner Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:26 pm

Yes. I know. And I believe that will happen here too eventually.

What I want to know from you, B, is all those people in those apt buildings in France and Italy in strict isolation - how are they getting their food?

Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:03 pm

They are allowed to go to the grocery store. There they have 2 keep a 2 meter distance in the line outside the store and 2 people are allowed in at a time. They are allowed to take their dog out but not allowed to go out in pairs.. If they are found so many km outside of their home without a valid reson they are fines 138 euros.. There is a form for the valid reasons. They are not allowed to live the city where their primary residence is ot not allowed to go back home if they are in their segundary residence. Many of them have no masks as the only sks that really work both ways are reserved for the ealth personel.
Yes they really are in isolation. If they get sick they stay home unless it is an emergency and then they have to call their doctor and not show up without authorization.
People are not tested unless they enter the hospitals as there are not enough tests.

My brother and sister in law, probably got it and got over it wth paracetamol. They had all the symptoms but since they could breath they had to stay home and wait it out..

My brother lives in a house with a garden so his life is easier, My sister lives in Paris in an apartment but she is adjusting pretty well. My mother is in a fcility for senirs so they are totally cut off but she is doing fine as well.. People adjust.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:29 pm

Thank you. Just the information I was looking for.

I don't know if any food store here that is doing that. I think the best we can do here is to support the markets and food providers that are willing to deliver. So far, all I know of are Mi Ranchita Cremeria and Pancho's - if he is really doing it. I say that because I sent his home delivery phone a text and it was never read or answered, but his FB page keeps advertising and some commenters have received groceries.

The rest of these clowns who are using the business as usual model will lose my business. Maybe permanently.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:15 pm

Walmart will stay open........I hope. I rather stop at one place versus going to 10 different places to get what i want.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:03 pm

I'm hoping not to have to GO to any of them. Pretty risky in my opinion.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:22 pm

Well my fridge is only so big......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:40 pm

Yep. We're all in that boat. Going out to shop is not sustainable. Especially during the full blown stage.

We have to force, or beg, the stores to deliver. Delivery is safest - you can avoid dealing with anybody. They pull up and drop your boxes at the gate. You have their money in an envelope clipped to the gate, they put your change back in envelope and clip. You watch from a distance or window. After they leave you get the groceries and take them into the lavanderia and wipe them all down and soak produce.

This what I did with the produce delivery guys. Worked well. Am going to try soon with Mi Ranchita.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:09 pm

All the stores I have been to, it´s business as usual and clients are not doing much different either, including the OXXO´s.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:31 pm

The OXXOs in Joco are doing transactions through a small window at the entry. You cannot enter the store. The OXXO in SJC still lets you in the store as of today. At Costco today, about a 1/3 of the parking lot was roped off to limit customers and inside most everyone was keeping a safe distance. Food court open, but the chairs and tables are not there. Ferreterias in Joco, some, are roped off with caution tape and the clients are on the sidewalk taking turns. In the mercado area or Joco, most of the locals I have had conversation with sort of just shrug it all off. At my age I prefer to err on the side of caution.

Cuando te toca aunque te quites; cuando no te toca aunque te pongas.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:18 pm

posted by
Angus MacTavish on TOB

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sampati Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:06 am

Here in Florida Publix has designated from 7am to 8am on Tuesday and Wednesday for senior citizens to shop for groceries. I went to Publix on Tuesday at 7am thinking it would be less crowded and I could get in and out in a hurry without a lot of people around me. Well, when I got to the store the parking lot was full and people were waiting in long lines for the store to open. I kinda thought maybe this was not going to be a good idea but since it was my first time trying this kind of shopping I got at the end of the line. People in the front of the line were pressed against the door and were arguing about who was their first and pushing everyone out of the way. The store opened at 7am and the crowd looked like a bunch of marauding elephants running through the door to get a sanitized cart. I waited until the stampede cleared out and then went in to shop. In the store were people grabbing things off the shelves and the isle with the toilet paper and paper towels was jammed with grocery cart shoppers and the in seconds the shelves looked like a locust invasion cleared the stock. A man was yelling at me to not be in such a rush with my cart but what he did not know was that I was trying to get out of the store and the people were pushing me forward with their carts. Needless to say I got out of the store as fast as I could without shopping. You could not even look at anything because the isles were filled with crazed shoppers. Being a senior citizen I have to say I was really embarrassed to see the behavior of my age group. They were like old people, of which I am one, gone mad. Needless to say I will not shop on senior citizen day again.
sampati
sampati
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:27 am

I’m not coming in to any stores. I might go to Sams. They don’t have any lines and I can buy in bulk. My local H-E-B grocery store delivers and I have an enclosed front patio so they can put my stuff there until I sanitize it and bring it into the house.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:24 am

In Paris , they have lots of what we call tanguis but now a lot of them are upscale like the farmer´s markets in San Francisco. They were closed down and the merchants pasted their phone number in facebook and they are delivering.. so the tianguis are delivring at home, the other stores not so much ,,

One of my younger relative just moved back to Paris from the Atlantic cost. He was running an old folks home in Sables d Olonne.. All of his life he was in love with the fire departement and as he grew up he volonteered.
He got the virus and was taken today to a military hospital , he will be well taken care of in that hospital but it is pretty serious as he is on a respirator. Hopefully he will pull through but no one knows.
He has a couple of kids and a wife who is a nurse.. His wife is not being tested, and will not be unless she gets symptoms as they are short on testing kits.
Right now it is wait and see.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2