INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two future village soccer stars spotted by scouts.

+4
joyfull
Jim W
zenwoodle
TrueBrit
8 posters

Go down

Two future village soccer stars spotted by scouts. Empty Two future village soccer stars spotted by scouts.

Post by TrueBrit Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:10 pm

Before the Union Ajijic final, their was a brief ceremony to recognize a couple of young soccer players...
Two future village soccer stars spotted by scouts. Mor_610Two future village soccer stars spotted by scouts. Mor_310Two future village soccer stars spotted by scouts. Mor_110
These two kids are from the village and had been spotted by a couple of scouts from Morelia.  They had been invited to play in the Copa Vallarta - a well recognized regional tournament.  This ceremony was to recognize their achievement in getting to participate.  They must have done well, because the Morelia scouts want them to represent Morelia again in an upcoming  tournament in Guadalajara (July 26th).  Rafa called and asked if we could help with the expenses; registration fees, transport, food, etc.  My first question was why aren't they playing for Union, but apparently they are too young - but we have them ready to sign-up as soon as they are eligible.  Rafa told me it would cost 2000 pesos per kid to cover their costs.  This seems a bit inflated to me, bit I don't know anything about inscription fees, etc.  except that the organizers of these tournaments seem to do nicely.  Anyway, my suggestion is that we kick in 500 pesos per kid from the general fund.  We have the money, but, as usual, it comes down to where we should spend it.  I told Rafa I would post this and follow advice from all who have donated to the cause.  If anyone wants to make a separate contribution, I would be happy for Rafa to pick it up or I can pass it on.
What is the consensus? More? Less?

I will be buying a good number of soccer balls in the coming weeks as the few remaining have seen way better days and have been punished enough.  I am going to release the new balls to the club in a trickle.  The cost of these balls will not impact on our ability to support these two kids.

pps if anyone is going to the Obregon area of Guad (where the discount sports stores are) and wants to pick up 20 Azteca size 5 footballs (80 - 90 pesos each) let me know and I can reimburse.  It'll save me a trip.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Two future village soccer stars spotted by scouts. Empty Re: Two future village soccer stars spotted by scouts.

Post by zenwoodle Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:28 pm

Put me down for 200 pesos for the kids.
Also, as the "official" administrator of the general fund, I approve an expenditure of 500 per kid.
Would love to be there on the 26th, maybe some of the IL supporters would like to go.
I enjoyed the last tournament we went to in Guad.  Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Two future village soccer stars spotted by scouts. Empty Re: Two future village soccer stars spotted by scouts.

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:22 pm

Ivan, what are the dates?    We really want to be there.   26tth of what?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:27 pm

Jim W wrote:Ivan, what are the dates?    We really want to be there.   26tth of what?
July 26 Jim. Are you coming down?
Joni
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:16 pm

Let me confirm the exact date with Rafa. So I am hearing general approval of 500 per kid with whatever extra people want to contribute.
I will let Rafa know that some of us would like to attend and I will get details of exactly where and when.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:30 am

Put me down for $200 as well. Let me know the best way to get it to you.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:56 am

I'm in for 200 pesos.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:23 am

Me too, let me know how to get the $200 pesos to you.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:05 am

joyfull wrote:
Jim W wrote:Ivan, what are the dates?    We really want to be there.   26tth of what?
Joni

Would love to Joyfull......Unfortunately Chemo runs thru mid August. Smokealot
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:26 pm

I believe the way the system works is that scouts travel around looking for potential talent. When they find any, they are set up in various tournaments to be assessed. If they continue to show potential, they are invited to the club for a 2 week evaluation. Up to this point the club has paid nothing, except the salaries of the scouts. If they still show promise, then they are invited back to the club to be developed, and then they will receive accommodation, food, schooling and any other costs paid entirely by the club. No family member goes with them - they may be there for years. And of course there is no guarantee that they will make it to the ranks of the professionals. Right now Chuki is waiting for a decision by Santos as to whether they are going to develop him. He has already been to the 2 week evaluation.
As far as I know, these kids have not yet been to Morelia, but the scouts' continuing interest is a good sign. This is why Union want to be in a good (read expensive) league, because that is where the scouts go to find talent.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:41 am

Am in Canada. I owe true brit 200 and will contribute another 200. Back in another week. I trust Zen and TB.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:29 am

Jim W wrote:
joyfull wrote:
Joni

Would love to Joyfull......Unfortunately Chemo runs thru mid August. Smokealot

Good luck!!!!
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:17 pm

I have just spoke to one of the kids' fathers who has given me more information about the tournament.
The dates of the event are as follows:
Sunday 27th July - Event Inauguration at Estadio Jalisco, Guadalajara.  This used to be the home stadium of Chivas, but is currently the home stadium of Atlas - third biggest stadium in Mexico.  There are no games on this day.  Sounds like lots of presentations, photo-ops, and a bit of pomp and ceremony.  They register this day, and from what I understand (limited) they will determine when, where and against whom they will play.
Monday 28th at ?The qualifying matches will occur on this day.  It is probable these will occur at various locations outside of Estadio Jalisco - but I imagine every team will stay at one location.
Tuesday 29th at Estadio JaliscoThe quarter and semi-finals will probably take place outside of the Estadio Jalisco - but I thought I heard that the final will be played there.  Course there is no guarantee these two kids will be in a team that advances from the qualifying rounds.  I think this team did win the Copa Vallarta which is a statewide competition and is very well known (a friend in DF knew about it)
So that is all I know right now.  Rafa is coming to my house tonight, so I might have more info.

Phil

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:01 pm

I plan on doing the following...
$1000 from general fund +
$200 from Zen, Zed, Bob, Maincoons and Windrider (which I will borrow from general fund - so they all owe $200 to the fund except for Zed who owes $400)

so I will give $2000 to Rafa. Let me know if my math/understanding of pledge amounts are incorrect.
As soon as I find out exact places and times, I will post here.

I will be picking up 20 - 30 soccer balls which I plan on distributing at 10/month.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:29 pm

Thanks for doing this and PM me to tell me where to drop off my $, please.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:38 pm

Someone PM'd me and shared a concern about how genuine this was, that I should check the scouts out, and wondering if the kids were too young. I thought I would share my reply in case anyone else had similar concerns...

These scouts were responsible for the two players playing in the Copa Vallarta, a well known and prestigious tournament. At the ceremony to acknowledge these two players (at the second leg of the Jalisco Plus 4ta division finals in Ajijic), they were presented with the various documents of achievement and participation. I met all involved at the ceremony and was impressed with the organization that has gone into developing these kids. The scouts represent Monarcas of Morelia who play in the Liga MX and are owned by TV Azteca. I am not sure how I can "check them out" more than this.

I am not sure about youth baseball, but teams have always recruited kids younger than 16. A recent signing by Real Madrid was of soccer hopeful Leonel Angel Coira of Argentina who is 7 years old. I presume Real Madrid know what they are doing. Most clubs have a youth development program where kids usually start at age 11. Before they are accepted into the academy, they are evaluated for a couple of years - just like these kids. It is a big investment and responsibility to take on kids this age.
Union Ajijic has a special relationship with Santos Laguna in Torreon. Last November, we took 5 kids to Torreon for a weeks work-out. One was invited back for a further two weeks and he is awaiting a call to see if he has made it into their youth program. I don't know if you are familiar with the local youth soccer talent; his name is Chuki. Chuki was considered by Santos to be a little old for development, but they are considering him anyway. He is 14. We are taking 5 more kids in November; Santos asked for 10,11 and 12 year olds.

I share your concern that this is too early to be away from family, but soccer is fiercely competitive when it comes to searching for talent, and sadly this is the price of future success.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:15 am

VERY SHORT NOTICE...but I have just received a call about the game these kids are playing in today. [my understanding is...] They are playing at a stadium called Centenario in a place/area of Guad called Toluquilla - Apparently close to the Preferico. It starts at 6pm tonight. Now if anyone want s to go as part of the group, they are meeting at 4pm at the gas station on the Libramiento (the one just above the mall). I am involved in Tepehua today so I can't make it, but as Mainecoons can attest, traveling with the group is a blast.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down