INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dengue Lakeside

+7
gringal
espíritu del lago
CanuckBob
Trailrunner
brigitte
CHILLIN
MichaelB
11 posters

Go down

Dengue Lakeside Empty Dengue Lakeside

Post by MichaelB Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:33 am

I know that dengue has rained down in Guadalajara but does anyone know of cases that have been reported lakeside?

MichaelB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Dengue Lakeside Empty Re: Dengue Lakeside

Post by CHILLIN Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:57 am

There was a case reported in April on Facebook, Chapala Haciendas. Still mugsy in Guadalajara. Too cold now at night for the Dengue type mosquitoes Lakeside. Even houseflies are minimal.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:53 pm

Chillin , I do not know where you live but the night is full of bugs including mosquitoes if you are near the lake.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:20 am

True. A friend of mine is highly sensitive and is getting bit so much down by the lake she is considering having to move. I wish the nights were cold now, fan on all night again.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:03 pm

Chapala Haciendas is maybe 500 Foot higher than Lakeside. It is now noon, and the temperature has not cracked 70f yet. A lot of bug problems are caused by dense, wet vegetation. It needs to be sprayed. We had a mosquito problem higher up with a large bamboo grove on the property. Now it is forest, but it is dry forest with lots of firs, pines, - and goats!
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:29 pm

Mosquitoes thrive in 50f to 80f...........we have not even come close to temperatures under 50f yet.

https://termitesblog.com/temperature-and-mosquitoes/

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:06 am

https://traficozmg.com/2019/10/suman-mas-de-cinco-mil-casos-de-dengue-en-jalisco/

Not good.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:48 pm

A climate blip on October 9 puts the Lakeside estimate to -9 celsius that night.

Whatever happened to CrispR gene splicing experiments? They were 100% effective against Malaria causing mosquitoes. The genes were spliced, and they were unable to reproduce future generations. According to the Gates foundation, mosquitoes are the number one cause of death across the planet.
https://www.vox.com/2018/7/23/17594864/crispr-cas9-gene-editing
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:11 pm

I don't know about preferred mosquito temps. or types of bugs who like what, but earlier this week after the rains, my spouse checked the small amount of water in the bottom of our garden fountain and found hundreds of some kind of mosquito larvae getting set to hatch there. Bleach took care of that batch.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:24 am

Chillin if the temperature had been or were at -9 celcius all the taps in the gardens would have blown up.. Freezing is at 0 celcius...and I doubt that it will be that low Lakeside...even at 500 meters..
I was at 2600 meters 2 days ago and I am at 2100 meters today and the temperature is notwhere near zero.. please chillin.. cut out the bs..
Ther are lots of mosquitoes right now lakeside but if you sleep with the fans on it helps a lot.. Anyways the experts say that the dengue mosquitoes bite uring the day and not at night and we have no malaria lakeside either..just dengue.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:18 pm

-9 C, what a joke. What's that, about 16 F.? I've been coming down during the cooler months for 21 years. I wonder if we have ever seen the high 30s
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:38 pm

How dare you guys question an expert who spends all his waking hours on research.   lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcrodwell Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:48 pm

Mosquitoes or mosquito carried disease is not even in the top 10 causes of death world wide according to the CDC. In lower income countries, Malaria is there but low on the list.

Our old friend heart disease wins out world wide.

Take a peek: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-causes-of-death
Attachments
Dengue Lakeside Attachment
top-10-causes-of-deaths-low-income-countries-2016.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(17 Kb) Downloaded 5 times
Dcrodwell
Dcrodwell

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:54 pm

Since you brought the topic up, I read an article about the engineered mosquitos. They worked for 3 to 4 months then a new generation of hybrid mosquitos arose form the two species and it's a slam dunk for Mother Nature. Problem is worse than before. The company that created the genetically altered mosquito is back pedaling. It is not there fault they cry. Who's is it then? You might be able to Google the article. It is probably still out there.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcrodwell Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:01 pm

Mother nature has been developing all these very intertwined systems for a really long time. The idea that we could sweep in, tweak a little here, modify a bit there any way we want, is the ultimate of human hubris!
Dcrodwell
Dcrodwell

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:43 pm

When I was a kid one area where we used to vacatin became infested by mosquitoes.. It was so bd no one wanted to go to the beach when it was not windy and when the mistral blew it was to cold to swim..They had an eradication program that helped for a few year and then the mosquitoes came back worse than ever and not agggected by the spraying any longer.. They only controlled tham by draining the swamps which caused other problems...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down