INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Is Your Favorite Sport?

+12
simpsca
SnowDaddy
Hensley
bobnliz
gringal
Parker
David
ferret
CanuckBob
CheenaGringo
Chapalagringa
hockables
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What Is Your Favorite Sport? - Page 3 Empty Re: What Is Your Favorite Sport?

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:55 am

bobnliz wrote:I was a long distance runner before I blew out my ACL... hopping over a fence near Norman, Okla. of all places.
That finished me as a runner, though, but only kept me out of one ski season.
I finally quit skiing and hung up my boards, but I didn't stop riding and racing. We had the only seniors' team with four skiers and a snowboarder. I had it made when we raced in the deep stuff. Very Happy my kinda conditions. Lizzy

Now you're talking about we got messed up and walkin funny. :)

My blame goes to a terrible snow ski instructor. Who took me to the top of the mountain at age 19, and told me to ski down. Darlin, I don't have the greatest coordination or timing. I went head first and probably did a real doozy on my lower back that afternoon. Then, I married that same terrible ski instructor. Combine that with shoveling rocks doing home improvements, riding quads, trying to impress my kids w/how well mom can jump a quad like a jet ski & apparently, herniated 2-3 discs along the way. I peddled over 2 summits with this back after that, so I'm not sure why 4 years later they decided to bother me so much. My favorite sport must now be eating. Keeping my chops in good working order. The greatest back up plan is freestyle swimming! Wee!!!!

We haven't even mentioned kayaking yet!

Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:58 am

Tsk, tsk...no ski instructor worth his/her salt would have done any such thing... I think you was conned by some fella masquerading as the real deal in order to score with a cute chick... Or... what did you do to the poor fella?

As for co-ordination... pity I didn't get to coach you. I was very good with the challenged student.
That's why they say..."Go With a Pro". That way you get what you pay for.
The ploy must have worked, though... you married the guy. Lizzy

bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:06 am

bobnliz wrote:Tsk, tsk...no ski instructor worth his/her salt would have done any such thing... I think you was conned by some fella masquerading as the real deal in order to score with a cute chick... Or... what did you do to the poor fella?

As for co-ordination... pity I didn't get to coach you. I was very good with the challenged student.
That's why they say..."Go With a Pro". That way you get what you pay for.
The ploy must have worked, though... you married the guy. Lizzy

I was engaged to him already. He was no real ski instructor. My husband skiies well, teaches other things well but not skiing. My husband used to compete water skiing but actually, it was his father, who taught me how to water ski. Should have gone snow skiing with him! I would have loved for you to teach me Lizzy, yes, I'm very challenged. When I learned how to snow board, I preferred toe side, as opposed to heel. I like knowing I can hug the mountain if I fall rather going down head first. :)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:13 am

Toe side, eh? Were you looking down at your toes by any chance?
Wish I had had the opportunity to be your coach... you would still be riding... L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3