INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Is Your Favorite Sport?

+12
simpsca
SnowDaddy
Hensley
bobnliz
gringal
Parker
David
ferret
CanuckBob
CheenaGringo
Chapalagringa
hockables
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What Is Your Favorite Sport? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is Your Favorite Sport?

Post by locogringo Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:54 am

"My take" was just that. My own personal opinion, if anyone took umbrage to my comment, what can I say? Too bad. By the way, sipping anejo, is a pleasant pass time. At my age I've had to give up motorsports. I miss that rush.

locogringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:22 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:From my observations, getting into "pizzing matches" on forums may just be one of the most popular sports at the Lake! Not long on physical exercise but maybe good for exercising the brains?

Done with margaritas it may be hazardous for some. Beer

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:01 pm

So if I drink my margarita from a dragster at full speed, or the side of a mountain while attached to ropes and pitons, then it's a sport? I call that an extreme sport!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by locogringo Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:05 pm

simpsca wrote:So if I drink my margarita from a dragster at full speed, or the side of a mountain while attached to ropes and pitons, then it's a sport? I call that an extreme sport!
Generally those activities are entered into one at a time. However the result of trying all at once, might be quite entertaining to onlookers. JAJAJAJA
locogringo
locogringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:43 pm

locogringo wrote:My take is that if you need ropes and pitons or wheels and a hot engine, it is a sport. If not, it's a game.

Well, loco... pro cycling has the wheels and the excitement... sixty miles per hour.. one inch of rubber....and they don't need no stinkin' infernal combustion engines to get there. Their "motors" are the best conditioned athletes in the World.
It's a highly tactical sport too, no dummies with muscles here.
Very often there is intra-team co-operation as well... and each team is made up of many different nationalities... each one a well oiled machine.

Those fools in DC could take a lesson here... they are willing enough to take our money... just not to earn it. razberry Games are what the cowpie artists in Washington play...Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by locogringo Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:36 pm

A very good friend of mine raced (cycling) professionally in Europe for sometime in the '60's and '70's. You'll get no argument from. BTW, the remark about Mountain climbing and motorsports is paraphrased from a quote by E. Hemingway. I find it interesting that the fools in Washington deny cola adjustments to SS. Meanwhile they are whining that $175,000 salary is inadequate and want to give themselves a raise. I have adopted a policy of not voting for incumbents if at all possible.
locogringo
locogringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Yet another raise?? Shocked
Loco-G... where and when did you become acquainted with this particular piece of news? I wish to verify, and that done, fully intend to give the guys that work for me a piece of my mind. What Is Your Favorite Sport? - Page 2 18717 and What Is Your Favorite Sport? - Page 2 661816 and What Is Your Favorite Sport? - Page 2 868847 ... of course I am probably Dead Horse ... so What Is Your Favorite Sport? - Page 2 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Politics hardly fits the favorite sport category! ADHD or ADD anyone?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:19 pm

There is no doubt that poly-ticks ain't sports,(the defilers of dogs CHEAT), however... there is no doubt that it is a dirty game.
So... in this case, it fits just fine... What Is Your Favorite Sport? - Page 2 169387

No ADHD or ADD... one just needs a good sense of irony. Perhaps a pun upon a pun, or... yes... even... once upon a pun... Lizzy

The request still stands, Sr. Loco ~ Where can I back up that info? L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by locogringo Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:43 pm

The bit about the raise in pay for congress was a squib in my local newspaper. The Tri-City Herald, South Eastern Wa. a week or so ago.
locogringo
locogringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:51 pm

I think living in a trailor like Bobnliz....would be great funLMAO.....great fun for the adventurous LOL

Last edited by Jim W on Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : MY SPELLING SUCKS...MAY BE BANNED BY bOB THE VIRTUOUS ONE)
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:59 pm

Now, Jimmy-Dub ~ That sounds a mite petty, it does.
The most wonderful thing about "time-in-a-trailer" is having only one bill a month for every-thing... or even no bills at all. Mmm hmm
When we go back to the mountains there is a house... and a yard... and utilities... and so on and so forth.
A 16 foot trailer tucks in just about anywhere you want, and one has the whole outdoors...... Sweet. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:56 pm

Someone said to me the other day that I shouldn't pay to swim in a lap pool because I could swim in the lake! I wish! It doesn't even sound appealing.

In my late 20's I thought living in an RV during retirement would be just fine for me. We lived and traveled in one for about a year and it was nicer than the house we owned. Maneuvering an RV and parking one in Mexico should be considered an extreme sport. The inside of trailer must look similar to the Long, Long Trailer in the end with how smooth the roads are in here. If not, you win a gold medal!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:41 pm

On the other hand... a 16 ft TT towed with an F150 short bed is a piece of cake to maneuver. Surte
We have the truck and our bikes to get us where we're going once settled. We spend two or three months in one place What Is Your Favorite Sport? - Page 2 169387 and do a lot of exploring. L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:27 pm

I played vollyball in the 7th grade, was lousy but liked it. I thought that herniated discs was a good reason not to play and am humbled or shocked to have recieved an invitation to play vollyball on the local expat team. Hocks, do you think I should go? I don't even know when they play anymore and all I have are some holy jean shorts that my currently fat rump will fit into. lol Shocked
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:49 pm

Well back to the original subject:

women (hot, young, sexy), motorcycles and motocross, cars, scuba diving, zip lining, travel, guns (especially skeet and sporting clays), snowboarding and anything else fun such as extreme sports, that won't land me in jail for too long!
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:49 pm

Alright then.

My husband, who continues to get more handsome & wiser the older he gets. Been married whooo, many more than 20 years. My favorite all time sport is mountain bike riding. Tubing, both water and snow, prefer knee boarding over water skiing, but enjoy jet skiing/seadoos best of water sports aside from swimming freestyle. Snorkling and have considerd scuba diving.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:26 pm

Oh yes, forgot mountain biking!!!! Gotta buy a cow bell and barrel down the mountain here!
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:10 pm

Is the cow bell to warn people to get out of the way?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:45 pm

ferret wrote:Is the cow bell to warn people to get out of the way?
lol!

And I forgot we're all too sexy, lol

ANNNNNNDDD Mr. Intercasa, uh hum, you NEED to change that to WOMAN. Or I'll send her the link to that post, lol!

Sincerely,

Big, OLDER, happy with my flab(not really but working on it), stretch marks w/beautiful children to show for it, sister What Is Your Favorite Sport? - Page 2 501432 (that was so not nice of me)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:40 pm

Some sports haven't been practiced regularly for a while. Basta

Yes, cowbell is to warn people to get (jump) out of the way.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:35 pm

Intercasa wrote:Some sports haven't been practiced regularly for a while. Basta

Yes, cowbell is to warn people to get (jump) out of the way.

Very wise, very, very wise ;)

Oh so true!! I loved someone's comment earlier in the thread about now is the way we walk. Having enjoyed all of these wonder sports.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:37 pm

ferret wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Water skiing was (is) my sport of choice.......

I'd rather downhill ski but I like cross country skiing...or skating (both ice and roller).

Although I liked water skiing, I once got both my shoulders pulled out of the socket. Hurt so much I never did it again. Love flying over the water windsurfing!

What did ya bring this subject up for? All that stuff that we used to do and enjoy is why we're walkin' funny today........but, damn, it was worth it!

This is hilariously true!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:03 am

I was a long distance runner before I blew out my ACL... hopping over a fence near Norman, Okla. of all places.
That finished me as a runner, though, but only kept me out of one ski season.
I finally quit skiing and hung up my boards, but I didn't stop riding and racing. We had the only seniors' team with four skiers and a snowboarder. I had it made when we raced in the deep stuff. Very Happy my kinda conditions. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:46 am

I was in the middle of writing this when this evenings shoot out started...

bobnliz wrote:Now, Jimmy-Dub ~ That sounds a mite petty, it does.
The most wonderful thing about "time-in-a-trailer" is having only one bill a month for every-thing... or even no bills at all. Mmm hmm
When we go back to the mountains there is a house... and a yard... and utilities... and so on and so forth.
A 16 foot trailer tucks in just about anywhere you want, and one has the whole outdoors...... Sweet. Lizzy

Now let's just think about roughing it in a trailer and have no bill. Not possible for me. Lived in an rv 3 different times. Generator a must. When we lived & traveled in our 5th wheel, 40 ft Holiday Rambler, we had a washer/dryer. It was used and had no slide outs. Hauled by an extended cab Chevrolet. Ford rides like a bucking board. I did demand to be home for Christmas and we lived our own personal Ice Road Truckers for a day and 1/2. You know, all those other overturned big rigs were just rookies. oh to be 28 again! That's when I thought living in an RV in retirement would be cool. Last rv experience was meant to be temporary, as were the other 2 experiences and time of savings before making the move SOB. Gee, does that look right? Anyway, parked it along family's house and I'm sure they were glad to see us move on. Actually ended up house sitting and sold the mini motorhome before moving down here. Oh the memories and the things we'll go through to live out our dreams!

Give me a tent...I can squat like the next guy but must have a camping port-a-potty in a separate tent room for night time and at least lake water to bathe in. I always say I clean up well :) Remembering now, let's throw the camping gear on the bike trailer, connect my sleeping bag w/bungie cord around my bike rack that isn't a bike rack but is a rack/shelf connected to my rear tire and ride over 2 summits! We should do this during the first heat wave of the year! We'll run out of water along our way to the first night's destination because it was too much weight and we dropped some the water weight before beginning our ride. Husband will have a heat stroke but eventually will cool off in a cool mountain river at camp sight while swinging in a hammock. No monkinging around either. Next morning will decide to finish what we started and continue to our final coastal destination! Kid's didn't overly like that ride, being it was extremely difficult and hot but I think they're pretty proud of themselves for such a great accomplishment. That's pretty cheap but extreme right there! Peddle power. Hey, I'm versatile. :) We're talking the days when Lance Armstrong was our cycling hero!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:55 am

bobnliz wrote:I was a long distance runner before I blew out my ACL... hopping over a fence near Norman, Okla. of all places.
That finished me as a runner, though, but only kept me out of one ski season.
I finally quit skiing and hung up my boards, but I didn't stop riding and racing. We had the only seniors' team with four skiers and a snowboarder. I had it made when we raced in the deep stuff. Very Happy my kinda conditions. Lizzy

Now you're talking about we got messed up and walkin funny. :)

My blame goes to a terrible snow ski instructor. Who took me to the top of the mountain at age 19, and told me to ski down. Darlin, I don't have the greatest coordination or timing. I went head first and probably did a real doozy on my lower back that afternoon. Then, I married that same terrible ski instructor. Combine that with shoveling rocks doing home improvements, riding quads, trying to impress my kids w/how well mom can jump a quad like a jet ski & apparently, herniated 2-3 discs along the way. I peddled over 2 summits with this back after that, so I'm not sure why 4 years later they decided to bother me so much. My favorite sport must now be eating. Keeping my chops in good working order. The greatest back up plan is freestyle swimming! Wee!!!!

We haven't even mentioned kayaking yet!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next