INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting situation: Probab ly should go into laws/legal but I think more ppl will look here.

+6
Trailrunner
lakeside7
ferret
SunFan
Lady Otter Latté
Problem Child
10 posters

Go down

Interesting situation: Probab ly should go into laws/legal but I think more ppl will look here. Empty Interesting situation: Probab ly should go into laws/legal but I think more ppl will look here.

Post by Problem Child Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:33 pm

Woman renting across the road died. I knew her casually; helped fix her water heater.
Died in the night. Her only friend didn't hear from her in 2 days and called a neighbor and asked to check on her friend. Found door unlocked and woman on floor, taken to Cruz Roja. Next of kin NOB called. They said don't take her to Guadalajara, so I think she was taken to some small hospital in Ajijic. Coma for a week and died.

Here about 15 years; only one friend and a dog. Dog was placed.

Family said they weren't coming down, Didn't want anything, including a very nice Jeep vehicle registered in Texas.

Friend has/had key. I think either gave it to Landlord or Fracc office.

Neighbor went thru papers in house, no other relatives, no money, etc.

Don't know her nationality but probably American due to car registered in Texas.

I asked office what's happening with her stuff and was told some members of the fracc are deciding what to do.

What right does the fracc have to take over??????????????

If woman was American, Embassy should be notified ( probably same if Canadian).

Just of interest ---- or not.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Interesting situation: Probab ly should go into laws/legal but I think more ppl will look here. Empty Re: Interesting situation: Probab ly should go into laws/legal but I think more ppl will look here.

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:22 pm

If the tenant has died and family is not interested in her belongings they are abandoned and belong to the landlord. I would assume her death has been recorded and that legal wheel is turning. This is a good reminder for everyone to be sure their affairs are in order and at least one person knows if you have specific desires for what happens to your worldly possessions. I am glad the dog got rehomed.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Interesting situation: Probab ly should go into laws/legal but I think more ppl will look here. Empty Re: Interesting situation: Probab ly should go into laws/legal but I think more ppl will look here.

Post by SunFan Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:23 pm

Check to see if she was registered with the LCS Post Life program. The program was designed for situations such as this. That may give a clue to her wishes.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:28 pm

The Fracc should be very careful what it does. She MAY have a will but not in the house. My Mexican will is in the hands of the beneficiaries in another country to avoid the possibility of "strangers" in the house should my death occur.
I would most definitely see Spencer and, yes, the appropriate Embassy should be notified.

Death is going to come for all of us one day. Get your affairs in order NOW and that includes a pre-paid cremation if possible. I hate cold and do not want to be in the morgue for any extended period of time.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:38 pm

The funeral service/provider is obliged to inform the Embassy of the National who died.

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:59 pm

lakeside7 wrote:The funeral service/provider is obliged to inform the Embassy of the National who died.

All good points. I didn't know the funeral provider was obligated to notify the embassy.

On the point of wills, I did a holographic will. No cost and every state in the U.S. has rules on them.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:29 pm

And the consulate will notify social security.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:02 am

Problem Child wrote:
lakeside7 wrote:The funeral service/provider is obliged to inform the Embassy of the National who died.

All good points. I didn't know the funeral provider was obligated to notify the embassy.

On the point of wills, I did a holographic will. No cost and every state in the U.S. has rules on them.

Any links, or an example??

Very interesting!
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:08 am

[/quote]

Any links, or an example??

Very interesting!
[/quote]

If you mean links for a holographic will, just Google holographic will and put your U.S. State. It is very simple.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:29 am

This story is complete B.S. She collapsed in the night and a very kind neighbor who had been constantly checking on her found her unconcious the next morning. They are also the ones who found the dog a home. They are also the ones who cleaned up the "mess". She was a part of a social group of women who play cards and such. One of them paid for the ambulance and has not been reimbursed. The family wanted her to go to Guadalajara Seguro Popular hospital, where she has a policy. I believe she still owes for the hospital stay and cremation. Her "only" friend took over, and everyone else just said "fine" and all valuables that had been removed from the house for safekeeping, including the vehicle were duly returned, and documented as such.

The landlord is owed his rent, he will probably use the furniture and rent it as furnished. He will also have to pay for a few months of fracc fee arrears.

She was a kind, well liked woman and a dog lover. Too bad Eric Blair never took the time to get to know her. Too bad Eric Blair had to poke his big nose into this and spread untrue gossip.

edit: Eric Blair =Problem Child = David the Startrek Jerk and disgraced lawyer.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:55 pm

CHILLIN wrote:This story is complete B.S. She collapsed in the night and a very kind neighbor who had been constantly checking on her found her unconcious the next morning. They are also the ones who found the dog a home. They are also the ones who cleaned up the "mess". She was a part of a social group of women who play cards and such. One of them paid for the ambulance and has not been reimbursed. The family wanted her to go to Guadalajara Seguro Popular hospital, where she has a policy. I believe she still owes for the hospital stay and cremation. Her "only" friend took over, and everyone else just said "fine" and all valuables that had been removed from the house for safekeeping, including the vehicle were duly returned, and documented as such.

The landlord is owed his rent, he will probably use the furniture and rent it as furnished. He will also have to pay for a few months of fracc fee arrears.

She was a kind, well liked woman and a dog lover. Too bad Eric Blair never took the time to get to know her. Too bad Eric Blair had to poke his big nose into this and spread untrue gossip.

edit: Eric Blair =Problem Child = David the Startrek Jerk and disgraced lawyer.

My details may have been off some since I got the information from her two lady neighbors, but it is basically accurate. As to "untrue gossip," I don't know what I said that prompted your vitriolic response, but then I really don't care.

As I said, I occasionally passed a few words with her when I saw her and helped her with a water heater problem at one point. She was cordial and one time showed me some beautiful glasses she had.

I think the gardener is still watering the front, but not the side plants, so I saw the side plants dying and I went over this morning and watered them. Any objection there?

Lastly, not "disgraced" at all; with what I know about most lawyers, I am often proud not to be done so as not to be tarred with the same brush as many are, and rightfully deserve to be.

Thanks for your input and insight.

As to getting to know her, I'm not a real social person and I don't know if she was.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:59 pm

I also wrote the BOD and suggested they should contact the family and suggest the contents could be sold by maybe Julie who does full house sales, and the proceeds sent to the heirs/children/whoever.

I'm told the BOD is handling the matter, and I wonder and asked by what authority can the BOD handle anything outside of the law.

As for selling furniture for back rent, I know NOB, you have to have some court order/approval. I don't know about Mexico, but I'm thinking that, in theory, some legal process must/should be followed.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ohhappyday Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:23 pm

Problem Child - Stay out of other people's business! If fixing a water heater and looking at some pretty glasses makes you believe that you have a right to butt into someone's affairs, be they dead or alive, you need to rethink that. Drop it and quit blabbing about things you really shouldn't be blabbing about. It doesn't concern you!!

ohhappyday

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:11 pm

Problem Child you sound like a good neighbour to have.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:24 pm

cypress wrote:Problem Child you sound like a good neighbour to have.

I try. I also put in a street light on our privada on my own and connected it to my house power. Also, I am the official "Neighborhood Watch" and have an 8 camera CCTV that covers every angle of the front of the house and street. I never asked anyone to contribute to anything.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down