INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman accosted 3:30pm, near Indepencia & Ocampo

+5
brigitte
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
slainte39
caligirl108
9 posters

Go down

Woman accosted 3:30pm, near Indepencia & Ocampo Empty Woman accosted 3:30pm, near Indepencia & Ocampo

Post by caligirl108 Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:10 pm

Woman in car accosted by a man w knife, roughed up a bit as perpetrator tried to get her keys. She was on way to 4:00 Festival concert @ private home, with 2 pm event attendees dispersing ~ 40 people.  Bunch of us women, oldsters walking to cars alone. Organizers did call police & she was taken to hospital for good measure. I was right there - zig-zag the street to my car, walking briskly, wearing sensible shoes. Sunny day, lots of people around, gringo & mexican families going to malecon... just saying..

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Woman accosted 3:30pm, near Indepencia & Ocampo Empty Re: Woman accosted 3:30pm, near Indepencia & Ocampo

Post by slainte39 Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:15 am

The area where it happened has had several assaults or attempted robberies over the last couple of years. It´s an area of upscale homes so possibly that´s the magnet or just convenient for the perps to get in to and out of easily or the same perps.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Woman accosted 3:30pm, near Indepencia & Ocampo Empty Re: Woman accosted 3:30pm, near Indepencia & Ocampo

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:37 am

Yes, there has been a few purse snatchings down the eastern end of 16th de Septiembre over the years as well. It is quieter down that way with easy access to the lakefront for escape.

OP......Indepencia and Ocampo run parallel so what was the cross street?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:48 am

There's just so many of us now I fear we've become a huge target on the bad guy's radar screens. Not to mention no cops, no patrols, virtually no visible (or invisible) law enforcement. Saw a patrulla in SA a month or so ago, first time in at least a year. Until there's a deterrent to all this easy money I will expect much more of this.

Sorry for the woman but glad she made it out of it ok.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:19 am

the cross street was Aquiles Cerdan , the street that goes down to the west end of the malecon.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrell Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:30 am

I'm assuming it was between Cinco de Mayo and PedroMoreno as I was driving home westbound on Independencia about 4:30 and saw the police truck and flashing lights ahead of me blocking  the street. Had to go north  and across on Hidalgo to Pedro Moreno to get back to Independencia which was parked up on both sides of the street. Saw a concert sign and guess it was in the privada just west of PM.
edit. Well the cops were stopped closer to cinco de mayo...as I am at the intersection of Independencia and Pedro Moreno/Aquiles Serdan.

Marrell
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:33 am

Does anyone have a description of this guy? Body type, facial hair. . .? I'm watching out for a guy that bothers me at my house and they say he comes from Ajijic.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:23 pm

Well, it sure wasn’t a newbie who was accosted.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by caligirl108 Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:44 pm

cross street was Aquilles Serdan.  Not a newbie, part of the Festival Febrero community.. No description that I am aware of.. someone said it was also reported on the FB crime page.  But I am sure the police got the description from her... One of these days, it's gonna be 5 seniors holding a young thief, duck taped down on the ground.. maybe put that dental floss into the purse after all...

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrell Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:22 am

caligirl108 wrote:cross street was Aquilles Serdan.  Not a newbie, part of the Festival Febrero community.. No description that I am aware of.. someone said it was also reported on the FB crime page.  But I am sure the police got the description from her... One of these days, it's gonna be 5 seniors holding a young thief, duck taped down on the ground.. maybe put that dental floss into the purse after all...

Confusion being that while the incident occurred on Independencia, Aquiles Serdan does not cross that street. The names change at Ocampo - south to the lake is Pedro Moreno. But the musical event occured on Privada Ocampo which is a one block long privada between Independencia and Ocampo.

Marrell
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:45 am

there is a privada Ocampo between Ocampo and Zaragosa as well that and the change of names from north to south or east to west can get confusing..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomgates Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:33 pm

Just wonder if these incidents happen when people drive with windows down?

Tomgates

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:46 pm

No.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:00 pm

Tomgates wrote:Just wonder if these incidents happen when people drive with windows down?

My understanding is that she had just parked her car, and was getting out when he knocked her back into the car and there was a scuffle when he tried to get the car keys. She screamed and he took off.

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:12 pm

And I understand there was no knife.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomgates Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:36 am

OK, that explains it better. Couldn't see how someone could be assaulted if they were driving with doors locked and windows open. Just pays to have some situational awareness.

Tomgates

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down