INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I was forwarded this 4 minutes ago after I posted about hospitals.

+12
MexicoPete
brigitte
gringal
CanuckBob
kiko
ferret
Trailrunner
helohfe
Texican13
Intercasa
Gamina
Problem Child
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I was forwarded this 4 minutes ago after I posted about hospitals. Empty I was forwarded this 4 minutes ago after I posted about hospitals.

Post by Problem Child Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:47 pm

I said Spencer said a hospital can't hold you hostage for a bill, keep your passport, etc.

Here is what I was sent, and I confirmed it does come from the U.S. Government.
=====================================================================

In Mexico, the Federal General Health Law (La Ley General de Salud) governs the rights and
responsibilities of hospitals and patients. The key provisions of the law require the nearest
medical facility to see patients with emergency medical conditions, that patients receive
complete information about their diagnosis and care, and that patients authorize any treatment.
Additionally, patients have the right to consent to treatment and where they will receive
treatment. Finally, hospitals may not retain or attempt to detain a patient, his/her passport, or
body to guarantee payment of medical services provided.
However, the patient, family
members, or legal representative who authorized the treatment is also responsible for arranging
payment of the bill with the hospital administration and/or insurance company.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

I was forwarded this 4 minutes ago after I posted about hospitals. Empty Re: I was forwarded this 4 minutes ago after I posted about hospitals.

Post by Gamina Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:42 pm

Spencer isn't generally wrong about things such as this. He reads the new laws (last year I believe) and let's us know so we aren't illegally detained without knowing our rights.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

I was forwarded this 4 minutes ago after I posted about hospitals. Empty Re: I was forwarded this 4 minutes ago after I posted about hospitals.

Post by Problem Child Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:45 pm

Spencer is very good at keeping current and at business.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:34 pm

They cannot hold you hostage or make you sign documents you do not understand. Plan ahead of time so as not to be sent to some expensive hospital you cannot afford and will have problems at check out time.

El paciente hospitalizado en una institución privada tiene derecho a recibir información sobre honorarios médicos y costos de los servicios y, en caso de no cubrirlos, no podrá ser retenido contra su voluntad.

Constitution prohibits being jails for debts

Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Texican13 Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:40 am

I will tell my story again .I was held hostage for 8 hours by supposedly one of the best hospitals in Guad.I had life saving surgery and upon being released by the Dr. I was told my bill was 2.1 million pesos .It was approx 750000 pesos the day before. My insurance would pay the 750000 , the normal amount for this type surgery ,but no more.I was not allowed to leave , even threatened to call the police if I tried to leave .I was barely able to walk due to my condition and kept throwing up due to withdrawal from drugs.No food , no drink .My wife attempted to negotiate with them to no avail.Was never told what the charges would be , what medications I was given , nothing .This has been going on for 9 months . Legal fees mounting .Hospital has sent people to my home to try to threaten and intimidate us , has called many times on cell and home phone to threaten .A friend , who has since passed away, had the same problem at same hospital and had to max out his credit cards to pay the bill and still had to call a lawyer to get out of the hospital since he couldn't the full amount .Have since discovered several other expats in same situation.U.S. Consulate could care less , said it wasn't their problem. This is not the only hospital doing this. They are breaking the law and don't care .They have big time lawyers .BEWARE.

Texican13

Back to top Go down

Post by helohfe Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:56 am

Name the Hospital / Hospitals...so others can avoid your experience..

helohfe
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:13 am

Yes, name the hospital please. Hard to beware if we don't know what to beware of.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:58 am

AND the name of the Doctor please.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Texican13 Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:09 am

There is much more to the nightmare . PM for more info .The Dr. and hospital were in this together but they are not the only Dr. or hospital .It is a well planned situation to get as much money as possible from expats .I am involved in serious legal action and cannot name either on a web site.Believe me I would love to expose them on every site available.

Texican13

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:16 am

I'll take a wild guess here ...Hospital Ángeles del Carmen based upon hearsay.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Texican13 Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:25 am

good guess

Texican13

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:05 am

Texican13 wrote:There is much more to the nightmare . PM for more info .The Dr. and hospital were in this together but they are not the only Dr. or hospital .It is a well planned situation to get as much money as possible from expats .I am involved in serious legal action and cannot name either on a web site.Believe me I would love to expose them on every site available.

I would have a "friend" posting from Canada or the USA expose the shit out of them on every social media site and local forum there is. If what they post is just the facts and the truth there is nothing they can do about it.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:10 am

A friend had an unhappy experience with Hospital del Carmen. She drove a neighbor there who died in the emergency room. The hospital exerted serious pressure on my friend trying to get HER to pay. She was in no position to do so. A family member flew down and they wouldn't release the body until the bill was paid, including the "storage" time. Nice attitude, eh?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Texican13 Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:33 am

I won't bore you with anymore details but I can tell you there is much more to this story and it is happening far too often .I have tried every outlet I can think of to try and alert the expats to the problem to no avail. It would take a long time to give all of the details of mine and other peoples story. , which can be documented and proved .Not to minimize other peoples problems , but this is more serious than traffic bribes , businesses short changing people etc. People have lost their retirement savings , other assets and in some cases been threatened to lose their homes , me included.

Texican13

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:55 am

Have you contacted the GDL Reporter? They may be interested in the story.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Texican13 Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:40 pm

Have tried before but got response , tried again today and they asked for details . Maybe we can get something started . You have to understand , this hospital is in 5 major mexican cities and so is the law firm in Guad that represents them .They will not go quietly , they have made that very clear to me.Don't know you personally but several of my friends do .Thank you for your interest.

Texican13

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:15 pm

The newspapers expose far bigger stories and companies than this. They know how to present a story without getting sued.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:30 pm

And to be clear, it is in the Hospital's name and own interest to investigate itself and weed out the perpetrators of this behaviour and make it public lest it tarnish ALL of their hospitals.
Their choice, of course, but I certainly won't ever be going there or be recommending it to anyone until they are transparent in their intentions. That it is even happening at one of their hospitals is despicable... that they are not investigating it on their own is even more so.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:37 pm

A newspaper would contact them for their side of the story prior to publishing. Assuming they have a side....

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:04 pm

I don't find the GR a particularly good investigative newspaper. They generally shy away from anything even remotely controversial. Maybe one of the bigger Mexican newspapers in Guad would be interested in FACTS.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:37 am

I agree with your take on the GR however the story is primarily of interest to expats in the area because that is who is getting ripped off. Most people in Guadalajara could probably care less.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:40 am

I would guess that if the hospitals are this predatory, they are doing it to everyone regardless of country of origin.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:49 am

Stay outta del Carmen and the rest of those glitzy overpriced hospitals, done. Eat a healthy diet, exercise regularly, get checkups from a good doc who will use the smaller less expensive hospitals, and practice prevention. And keep your fingers crossed. Very Happy

I have a friend who recently had a very successful arthroscopic knee surgery at the Clinica Ibarra in Chapala. Dr. Juan Pablo Lozano is her GP and was in attendance.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:30 am

Sorry, autoincorrect snuck in. Juan Pablo Loza is his name.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:11 am

BTW....the last I had surgery for kidney stones at Country 2000 my GP checked on their tally every day and went over the final tab to ensure there was no shenanigans. The final tab was pretty much as estimated up front. I even accidentally overpaid them by $20,000 pesos and the hospital called me and had me come back for a refund.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next