INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Homicide in Riberas

+11
ltollefs
oncesubtle
Lady Otter Latté
rckrckr
Gamina
Carry Bean
ferret
gringal
Trailrunner
slainte39
too young for ajijic
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Double Homicide in Riberas - Page 2 Empty Re: Double Homicide in Riberas

Post by ferret Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:02 am

Whoever made that comment about sewer being offered and declined in Riberas is very much mistaken. No such offer was ever made. That is the point that Carry Bean is trying to make. We all know that there are families that can't afford it so it's up to those of us that can to carry the load (no pun intended).

That doesn't mean that those of us who can afford it up front are giving a freebie. Perhaps those who can't will pay X per month for a certain time until their obligation is fulfilled. Perhaps those who fronted the cost will get a decrease in the monthly sewer rate. There are many creative ways to get this infrastructure in place... but an actual offer and decline? Didn't happen.

Last edited by ferret on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total

ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:06 am

Gringal, it is as unfair for you to imply no one in Ajijic is a snob about it as it would be for someone to imply that everyone is. I did not read Carry’s post as saying EVERYONE who lives in Ajijic is a snob and agree with her that SOME people are. SOME people are snobs about wherever they live or go to school or travel or which car they drive or about not driving a car at all.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:33 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Gringal, it is as unfair for you to imply no one in Ajijic is a snob about it as it would be for someone to imply that everyone is. I did not read Carry’s post as saying EVERYONE who lives in Ajijic is a snob and agree with her that SOME people are. SOME people are snobs about wherever they live or go to school or travel or which car they drive or about not driving a car at all.

My point was that no good purpose is served by reinforcing the notion about Ajijic and snobbery, whether there are, in fact, snobs or not. I don't know any. Enough?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:15 am

Obviously this is a real sore point for you. You don’t know any Ajijic snobs. That does not mean there are not any. It would be easier for you to ignore the people who bring it up than it is to try and stop people from saying it. Now, that is enough.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:18 am

This crisis is way down on my list of concerns, not that anybody really cares what I'm concerned about........ lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:27 am

slainte39 wrote:This crisis is way down on my list of concerns, not that anybody really cares what I'm concerned about........ lol!

Oh, I care, sweetie. Really, I do.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:49 am

Holy suffering Jehosefat.  Is this really worth arguing about?  That's why I deleted the post in the first place.  Got it?
Dead Horse

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:06 pm

I guess one person’s conversation is another person’s argument. Sorry.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:32 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I guess one person’s conversation is another person’s argument. Sorry.

When the conversation devolves into the area of who said or didn't say or imply what....it becomes an argument. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it is not necessarily going anywhere, either, so it's time to leave...at least for me.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:33 pm

I'm proud to be a Chapala snob and rest my case upon one glorioso: The Mercado. (Nose up, sniff sniff.)
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:42 pm

Incidentally... People from Ajijic are called Ajijicatecos, or Ajijicatecas in the feminine. I usually go with Ajicateco. People from Chapala are called Chapalenses, gender neutral.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Smartalex wrote:Incidentally... People from Ajijic are called Ajijicatecos, or Ajijicatecas in the feminine. I usually go with Ajicateco. People from Chapala are called Chapalenses, gender neutral.

Yeah, but which syllable gets emphasized? I'd better move to Chapala. I can pronounce that one. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:42 pm

I think the basic rule of Spanish is to emphasize the next to last syllable. Exceptions to the rule get an accent mark when written. However, the rules of Spanish don't necessarily apply to words drawn from the native language (Nahuatl). So go ahead and put the emphasis wherever you please...nobody will correct you.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicksco Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:33 pm

How did this get so far off the subject????? Beer
Nicksco
Nicksco

Humor : good

http://nicksco1@msn.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:12 am

gringal wrote:
Carry Bean wrote:Wow, there is a missing post here.  Too bad I didn’t quote it but that is what I was responding to.  Thanks for the down arrow.  Lolol

The down arrow wasn't mine, but yes, I deleted my post for the very reason your post illustrates. The term "elite Ajijicans" is offensive to those of us who happen to live there, and there are several other posters who have implied that residence in Ajijic implies snobbery. There's no good reason to reinforce that myth.  I, personally, don't know anyone with that attitude toward those who live in other towns and haven't heard that kind of attitude on this board.

As for the sewer fee question, I recall that it was a large enough one that many families simply cannot afford it, no matter how much they might want sewers.  Who was or was not asked, or by whom, and when, is unclear.

Peace.

A perfect description of deflection. This isn’t about Ajijic snobbery it’s about the “poor people in Riberas.” mariachi
You know Maine Coons. He’s CONSTANTLY trashing Riberas whenever he’s on a government rant. Maybe he’ll shut up about it if he tries to sell his rental. If the government asked about sewers it was before 10 years ago. It wasn’t asked on San Luis where Dr. Haro and St. Andrew’s is. That would be a strange street to miss. And now I’m done. I have wanted to say this for a long time and I finally got my chance. I do wonder if the murder victims were responsible for the break-ins hitting this area. If they stop now I guess we’ll know.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:16 am

Carry--Didn't you read the other posts? The murders had nothing to do with local break-ins.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:00 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:
slainte39 wrote:This crisis is way down on my list of concerns, not that anybody really cares what I'm concerned about........ lol!

Oh, I care, sweetie. Really, I do.

sniff...sniff...Now I feel better.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:29 am

Not to beat the horse to death, and this is all I'll say about the subject, but I just was reminded of a phrase that I see often that I find so annoying.

It goes something like this:
There is a great new restaurant "in the village"! Or I found those socks "in the village" just down from the church. Or I live on Ramon Corona "in the village". You get the idea. Ajijic is always the village they are referring to. WTF As if no other village exists around here?

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:43 am

Gamina wrote:Carry--Didn't you read the other posts?  The murders had nothing to do with local break-ins.  

No, I didn’t. For some reason on my IPad I have been seeing posts come and go for some odd reason. Never happened before so I don’t know what’s going on and if it’s me or the board. I couldn’t get on last night when I got home from the airport.

Trailrunner, I so agree with what you said. It used to bug me as well especially as some villages have some of the same street names.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:50 am

Gaming, I think you misunderstood what I probably said poorly. I was wondering if the 2 murdered people WERE the ones committing all those burglaries before. If that wave of home break-ins stop now that they’re dead, I guess we will know.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:52 am

Trailrunner wrote:Not to beat the horse to death, and this is all I'll say about the subject, but I just was reminded of a phrase that I see often that I find so annoying.

It goes something like this:
There is a great new restaurant "in the village"! Or I found those socks "in the village" just down from the church. Or I live on Ramon Corona "in the village". You get the idea. Ajijic is always the village they are referring to. WTF As if no other village exists around here?

People who refer to Ajijic that way are somewhat delusional, at best. At worst, they are being pretentious. I doubt you'd want much to do with the latter, si?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Right! And I've never heard you say that but, honestly, I hear or read it ALL the time.
I think it comes from the same people who seem to fail to realize that in moving to Ajijic - oh lordy! - they have inadvertently moved to Mexico!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:56 pm

Because of the commissions I imagine, the Realtors seem to be biggest myth purveyors.

Last edited by oncesubtle on Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:50 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Right! And I've never heard you say that but, honestly, I hear or read it ALL the time.
I think it comes from the same people who seem to fail to realize that in moving to Ajijic - oh lordy! - they have inadvertently moved to Mexico!

We're well off topic, but no, you'll never hear me say "the village".  However, I DID move to  Mexico since the overwhelming majority of Ajijers are Mexican and proud of it.

People who think that moving anywhere makes them "special" are kidding themselves.  Achieving "special" status requires some kind of life achievement beyond being able to afford a maid and gardener for the first time in their lives and/or living in a particular area. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:02 pm

Yes. I'm sure you are right, OS. ☺️ I also notice on those FB pages (and I haven't even ever read Gringos in Ajijic which is the muthah of them all) they feed off of each other! They buy the hype and hype each other!

I believe in a couple/3 years those who are going to get the bus routes changed and the cobblestones torn up will weed themselves out.

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:05 pm

Nicksco wrote:How did this get so far off the subject????? Beer

Axial tilt.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder