INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club

+14
Gamina
tbeck3579
brigitte
Lady Otter Latté
Vandre
Trailrunner
RVGRINGO
CHILLIN
doc holiday
Rosa Venus
gringal
rvanparys
CanuckBob
SunshineyDay
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 4 Empty Re: Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club

Post by tbeck3579 Fri May 04, 2018 9:36 pm

I wondered why this forum had predominately negative emoticons; I'm not wondering any more.  It is filled with negative attitudes, rude, and disrespectful people who offer nothing but a flame.  An intelligent, helpful comment eludes them.

PLEASE, if you have nothing to offer, find a different topic to post in.  GET A LIFE!

As an after thought I wondered why this turned ugly AFTER I fired the agency catering to gringos.... Hmmm, just a WAG, but are the rude, disrespectful flamers a part of that agency? If you are, let me say... kiss this Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 4 501432 Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 4 501432 Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 4 501432 Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 4 501432 Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 4 501432 Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 4 501432

tbeck3579

Back to top Go down

Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 4 Empty Re: Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club

Post by tbeck3579 Fri May 04, 2018 9:55 pm

lakeside7 wrote:I cannot believe all this BS...awesome awesome awesome..... I know the Racquet Club is Good but ...awesome awesome awesome . Please give us all a break

I can't believe it either. I'm not sure what the Raquet Club has to do with anything, but apparently it means something to others. Is that why people are so rude? Jealousy? I clearly stated I was a newbie and was looking for help. I'm thanking God he sent me not one, but TWO very nice and very helpful people today. I guess He knew that I needed them.

tbeck3579

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri May 04, 2018 10:05 pm

tbeck3579 wrote:

Okay, I've had a long day and I probably shouldn't rag on anyone, but this group is wearing on me.

I can only imagine after all your posting here, along with all your other pressing responsibilities and preliminary investigative work.

This certainly has turned into a Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse  (3 times over)

as well as some other criticisms.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri May 04, 2018 10:56 pm

No one knows or cares who your RE agent is.  Most agents aren't worth the paper their license is written on.  BTW--there are few mortgages here so you wouldn't be paying anyone's payment for them if you rent. And you may not understand the plumbing in Mexico so what looks to you what won't work my indeed work just fine. You have been given good advice, but you seem to know better than those of us who live here.  So good luck, you will need a lot of it.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tbeck3579 Fri May 04, 2018 11:30 pm

Thank you to the people who helped, it is much appreciated. There are some good people here. It's a shame that this forum isn't set up better because it could be useful to many people. I've gleaned some good information but I think I'll leave this thread to the flamers.

tbeck3579

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat May 05, 2018 5:13 am

Gamina wrote:No one knows or cares who your RE agent is.  Most agents aren't worth the paper their license is written on.  BTW--there are few mortgages here so you wouldn't be paying anyone's payment for them if you rent.  And you may not understand the plumbing in Mexico so what looks to you what won't work my indeed work just fine.  You have been given good advice, but you seem to know better than those of us who live here.  So good luck, you will need a lot of it.

Well said.  A number of people tried to provide useful information, but in the end........they were being dismissed.   At that rate, the lady is in for a rough ride in Mexico and, as you said, will need a lot of luck. When you check out the Emoticons on here, there's one that even applies to clueless newbies:
mariachi...ANYWAY!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by bimini6 Sun May 06, 2018 7:01 pm

A house is worth only what someone will pay for it. I know, profound statement.

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : always! It is good for the soul

Back to top Go down

Post by doc holiday Sun May 06, 2018 7:24 pm

Just like buying a car. It is s very true.....and a real pitfall. Kind of sums up the whole deal. Same can be said for marriage and a lot of other things in life. This is what makes us tick and make life interesting. It is a matter of mind over heart I guess.

My 2 pesos anyway.

doc holiday
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun May 06, 2018 8:59 pm

For someone who did not buy a house with her heart she sure was after that house..I guess she thinks she can steal it..but as we all know buyers can be strange in Mexico, where people have no mortgage and very little real estate taxes so unless they need the money or have an urgent need to get out, they can sit on for a very long time.. It is not like they are paying a mortgage ...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun May 06, 2018 11:19 pm

bimini6 wrote:A house is worth only what someone will pay for it.  I know, profound statement.

In monetary value.......
To some owners, their property is priceless; to the next guy, worthless.
I know people who couldn't be pried out of their abodes for 3, 4, or many, times their so called "appraised real estate value".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon May 07, 2018 6:24 am

slainte39 wrote:
bimini6 wrote:A house is worth only what someone will pay for it.  I know, profound statement.

In monetary value.......
To some owners, their property is priceless; to the next guy, worthless.
I know people who couldn't be pried out of their abodes for 3, 4, or many, times their so called "appraised real estate value".

Yep, I hear that! It would be tough to pry us out of this old house! On the other hand, three or four times the appraised value......hmmmm. As the saying goes, "I'm no pushover, but..."

Some newcomers have a solid concrete NOB mind set about real estate, and just don't get it that this is a very different world. What..no mortgages??? The tax laws there created a delusional real estate market, but there's no use pointing out who made the big bucks in that scenario any more than who profited from the most recent changes.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 07, 2018 8:00 am

tbeck3579 wrote:I wondered why this forum had predominately negative emoticons; I'm not wondering any more.  It is filled with negative attitudes, rude, and disrespectful people who offer nothing but a flame.  An intelligent, helpful comment eludes them.

PLEASE, if you have nothing to offer, find a different topic to post in.  GET A LIFE!

As an after thought I wondered why this turned ugly AFTER I fired the agency catering to gringos.... Hmmm, just a WAG, but are the rude, disrespectful flamers a part of that agency?  If you are, let me say... kiss this Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 4 501432 Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 4 501432 Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 4 501432 Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 4 501432 Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 4 501432 Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 4 501432

Your problem here is you come to the forum as a newbie, to both this area and living in Mexico, and ask for advice. When given the advice you should have simply said thanks or asked further questions. Instead you criticized, contradicted and disagreed with most of it. So if you have it all figured out then why ask?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon May 07, 2018 8:43 am

Anyone who think being a notario is a specialty has no clue about the system and does not understand about a lawyer appointed by the State to be in charge of title research and a lawyer who defends the interests of is clients.. Does not understand the market with no mortgage and very low taxes effect either. People who have a house can leave it , rent it and have income they do not have a mortgage to worry about...and so on and so forth..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 07, 2018 8:49 am

And thinking a seller would let someone do a complete inspection (let alone pay for it) before an accepted offer is on the table. Good luck with that whether here or just about anywhere. You would have to be buying in a devastated market for any seller to agree to that.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rvanparys Mon May 07, 2018 9:58 am

CBob: kudos on your above comments... We appear to have a know it all newbie who is looking to gain experience the hard way... I wish her luck..

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon May 07, 2018 10:01 am

Either that or she/he just made the whole thing up. For whatever lame reason . . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 07, 2018 10:17 am

Jaja..... if she was just looking to stir up the ant farm she just had to extol the virtues of Trump in the "Political Crap" section. That would have done it.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon May 07, 2018 10:56 am

My take on it is that it was a real person who, when realizing she was abysmally ignorant of how real estate works in Mexico, posted her problem.  After a number of people took the time to give her all manner of useful information but finally ran out of patience since it seemed to do no good, she chose to rudely post a "kiss my ass" multiple emoticons as her final response.  Kind of says it all.  The trouble is that the next time someone says they need information, I and probably others may be inclined to just ignore them.  Enough, already, eh?

As far as clueless newbies are concerned, I think that before doing anything toward moving to a foreign country, they need to do at least some research. There's no excuse not to, especially since the advent of the internet; an amazing "library" open 24/7/365.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon May 07, 2018 11:39 am

Emotionally challenged or immature............diarrhea of posts gave me a clue.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon May 07, 2018 1:41 pm

She would fit right in with some of the newbies on Facebook. They do the same thing. Ask a question then argue with you if they don’t like the answer. Not all, some are very nice but there is a subset the likes of which I have never seen.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon May 07, 2018 1:55 pm

Carry Bean wrote:She would fit right in with some of the newbies on Facebook.  They do the same thing.  Ask a question then argue with you if they don’t like the answer.  Not all, some are very nice but there is a subset the likes of which I have never seen.

Unfortunately, we will soon "see" some of them literally as our new neighbors. It will be the dawn of a new age of ...entitlement. Shocked

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon May 07, 2018 2:33 pm

Carry Bean wrote:She would fit right in with some of the newbies on Facebook.  They do the same thing.  Ask a question then argue with you if they don’t like the answer.  Not all, some are very nice but there is a subset the likes of which I have never seen.
So true, CB! They are amazing, and always supported by other clueless newbies! I don't read them anymore. 

Don't worry, Gringal, they won't be here long.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon May 07, 2018 4:12 pm

Depends on why they're moving here. If they have run out of economic pavement and want their COL to approach their income, they'll come, and although they'll never quit beetching about what they can't change, they'll stay. I would have bet that some on TOB would be long gone, but there they are, years later. You can easily spot and avoid them: they have that pissed off look on their faces. If you missed that, you can tell by their knowitall attitude.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by doc holiday Mon May 07, 2018 5:30 pm

I think she owes us all a housewarming fiesta!!! I cant come because I am buying a hose on Alacran Island

doc holiday
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon May 07, 2018 11:00 pm

I feel sorry for all her "new" neighbors within a one block radius.  Especially after she holds block party educational awareness classes on "living in Mexico".

Oh well, just another excuse for..... Beer

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4