INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very cool today in Lakeside, but at least we don't have this problem!

+5
MexicoPete
Trailrunner
ferret
gringal
suegarn
9 posters

Go down

Very cool today in Lakeside, but at least we don't have this problem! Empty Very cool today in Lakeside, but at least we don't have this problem!

Post by suegarn Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:29 pm

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/snow-flies-in-the-north-with-first-winter-storm/

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Very cool today in Lakeside, but at least we don't have this problem! Empty Re: Very cool today in Lakeside, but at least we don't have this problem!

Post by gringal Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:01 am

Thanks for the snow report. We ARE lucky here!

Now........what kind of an immature jerk gives a thumbs down to a weather report???

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Very cool today in Lakeside, but at least we don't have this problem! Empty Re: Very cool today in Lakeside, but at least we don't have this problem!

Post by ferret Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am

Apparently the thumbs are wonky. Trailrunner said, on another thread, that she specifically clicked the green thumb and it came up a red choice. Go figure.
I was texting a girlfriend in Joco last night and telling her about the big freeze in San Miguel maybe '97 or '98? All the outside pipes burst and the plumbers made out like bandits. From the roof, all you could see was mini geysers spurting into the air and the clouds of air vapor caused by the warmer water hitting the air. Very ethereal in appearance.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:58 am

Ummm, in all fairness - sometimes when using my phone or tablet and I don't take the time to enlarge the screen, clicking on one of the thumbs may result in the undesired one being activated. There is no do-over. It is not the fault of the program or website, it is the fault of my laziness or fat finger.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:00 am

I think it's going to snow in San Antonio this morning.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:40 am

I'd like to think it was a simple error, but I don't see any retraction.  Since I get a thumb down from somebody, no matter how innocuous the post, I have an un-provable suspicion about the identity.  One of our super right wingers who's made it personal.  I check who's on board when this happens...and sure enough: there he is, every time.
Or maybe I'm just paranoid.  It's possible.  But, before somebody chimes in with her amateur psychiatric analysis of my state of mind, I'll assure y'all that it's not hurting my delicate feelings.  I think it's laughable.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:28 am

I hope the thumbs down was pointed toward the cold weather. I greatly enjoyed the post and the link to the snowy pictures.

At least we are not somewhere up north where it is so cold that it snows.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:07 pm

gringal wrote:I'll assure y'all that it's not hurting my delicate feelings.  I think it's laughable.
lol!
Anytime I see "y'all" in a post the post will very likely receive a thumbs down.
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:11 pm

MexicoPete wrote:I hope the thumbs down was pointed toward the cold weather. I greatly enjoyed the post and the link to the snowy pictures.

At least we are not somewhere up north where it is so cold that it snows.

Pete, my friend, I'm going to give you a thumbs down because I'm a super left winger, and you are always somewhere in the middle.
lol!  lol!  lol!

S$$t.....I can't, my thumb is too stiff from the cold....maybe later.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:25 pm

In about 2002 we went to Copper Canyon over Christmas. Creel got over a foot of snow. Roads were closed, people had no idea how to deal with that much snow. It was fun.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:34 pm

mattoleriver wrote:
gringal wrote:I'll assure y'all that it's not hurting my delicate feelings.  I think it's laughable.
lol!
Anytime I see "y'all" in a post the post will very likely receive a thumbs down.

Picky, picky picky. It was not a serious usage of the term. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:44 pm

How else would you translate “Ustedes“?

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:48 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:How else would you translate “Ustedes“?
Dictionary: "you; all of you". LOL
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down