INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger News...Pancho is back but not at Superlake

+14
brigitte
MexicoPete
hickton
coffeeguy
solajijic
Nosnow
ferret
CanuckBob
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
RVGRINGO
viejito
Joyfullone
MichaelB
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bigger News...Pancho is back but not at Superlake Empty Bigger News...Pancho is back but not at Superlake

Post by MichaelB Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:03 pm

Yesterday while in Barco having my favorite cold refreshment I noticed that the right side of the store was fulling with shelving. I asked what was happening and the person I asked was Pancho, he said that he was opening a grocery store within Barco. He said that he will probably be open next week and will be carrying many of the things gringos love. I wish him well.

MichaelB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Bigger News...Pancho is back but not at Superlake Empty Re: Bigger News...Pancho is back but not at Superlake

Post by Joyfullone Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:28 pm

Where is Barco?

Joyfullone

Back to top Go down

Bigger News...Pancho is back but not at Superlake Empty Re: Bigger News...Pancho is back but not at Superlake

Post by viejito Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:46 pm

Go for it Pancho, best of luck.

viejito

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:48 pm

El BarCo

??https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g499405-d2410654-Reviews-El_Bar_Co-Ajijic.html

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:09 pm

Worse parking than Superlake and in the midst of one of Ajijic’s biggest traffic furballs. I like Pancho, but not that much. Wish him lots of luck with the Ajijic walking folks. They will be his best bet for customers.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:28 pm

I think the plan is a store like the Gourmet Specialty store, that failed and closed some time back, that was located in Centro Laguna, where the dentist office is now.
Pancho has better name recognition and knowledge of products that would be in demand, so he will have a better start off the blocks.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Very strange place to open a store. Is he related to Carlos from Barco or something?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:12 pm

I wish Pancho well but that is the dumbest location choice EVER.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosnow Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:45 pm

Could someone please be more specific for us oldies who still don't know where "Barco" is located . Thanks.

Nosnow
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:56 pm

Nosnow wrote:Could someone please be more specific for us oldies who still don't know where "Barco" is located . Thanks.

Carretera, Ajijic, north side of the highway, between Aldama and Encarnacion Rosas.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:45 pm

On the Carreterra to the west of the Pemex in town. Rustic building with porch out front. If he were going into the entire store space next door I could see it, but a little hole in the wall place inside the bar with a few imports items, not so much.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by coffeeguy Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:31 am

And I hear the store's gonna be called "El Bar Code" just to add to the confusion. Very Happy

coffeeguy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:14 am

Haha nice one.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:35 pm

I was just at the new location and spoke to Poncho

Connected to but to the right of EL BAR CO is the area that Poncho is turning into a new specialty shop. He explained to me this afternoon the many wonderful ideas he has for this space. There will even be a bar where one can sit and eat some of the specialties he will have there. He told me that he would be open and operating by Dec 15th. I said do you mean hopefully by the 15th and as of right now he believes that it will be opening in two weeks. Yes the parking will be difficult. But it was difficult at Superlake as well.

This will not be another Superlake. Rather than trying to explain his ideas here, I recommend you wait a couple of weeks until it is open and then come see for yourself. It sounds like it will be a success, supplementing, but not replacing all of the other markets available here.

I am sure there will be others who can better explain the direction Poncho is going as he goes forward. It sounds like it will be a fun place.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:34 pm

It is not poncho but PAncho

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:14 pm

Sorry, but when my spell checker doesn't catch my errors I sometimes even type weak instead of week or visa versa.

Pete
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:56 pm

brigitte wrote:It is not poncho but PAncho

Give up!
I've corrected Pete a couple of times but he is a stubborn Washingtonian. Very Happy
Ponchos are Alfonsos.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:20 pm

Beer

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:26 pm

I live a block from the new location. Traffic-wise, I am DOOMED.

Jajajaja....oh, shit.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:36 am

Rosa Venus wrote:I live a block from the new location. Traffic-wise, I am DOOMED.

Jajajaja....oh, shit.

If you're only a block away, you could walk to the store.....no worries about traffic.

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:39 am

I would have thought Rosa Venus was smart enough to figure that one out. Very Happy

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:03 am

suegarn wrote:
Rosa Venus wrote:I live a block from the new location. Traffic-wise, I am DOOMED.

Jajajaja....oh, shit.

If you're only a block away, you could walk to the store.....no worries about traffic.

You'd have to transport your purchases home from there if you walked, but a wheeled device might solve that, or maybe very large pockets? Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:36 am

I'm talking about when I need the car to go somewhere else. Coming down from upper Ajijic, I rely on the traffic light at Enc. Rosas (Farmacia Guadalajara) to turn left on the carretera safely. It's already clogged, and will likely get worse.

Oh well. No big deal.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:13 pm

I don't think it will make a noticeable difference Rosa. They can only park 15 cars at most around Barco...

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:48 pm

suegarn wrote:

Jajajaja....oh, shit.

Maybe he is talking about pedestrian traffic, like trying to walk through Wed. tianguis.  Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next