INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting with Transitos

+12
Clueless
Smartalex
MexECO Tours
gringal
Defarge
sampati
Bill Phillips
SunFan
slainte39
Trailrunner
addtocart
CanuckBob
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Meeting with Transitos - Page 2 Empty Re: Meeting with Transitos

Post by ltollefs Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:54 am

Clueless, can you honestly say that you've had any contact with the 'real-World' in the last decade? I thought not. ...also you might want to lookup what a tu quoque fallacy is.

ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Meeting with Transitos - Page 2 Empty Update on Golf Cart Issues - Key Points

Post by Bob312 Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:27 am

At Lakeside, there always is confusion between "what does Jalisco law require" and "what actually is enforced Lakeside". Everything from expired plates (or no plates) to helmet laws are not enforced. Key reason not enforced? Local traffic police do not have authority to do it. Literally not their
job.

Local government intends to change this. See recent post from HarryB and Guad Reporter articles. Local gov't wants local police to have the power to check for D.L. / expired or missing plates (national or foreign)/ insurance / seats belts / etc. Per HarryB, people were told @ LCS recently these changes could happen within 30-60 days. So the police who could not ticket you previously for bad plates, etc soon will be able to do so.

Which brings us to golf carts. To clarify some points: #1. Do not lump ATVs and Golf Carts as one topic. Current law has a category for ATVs of a certain size (I believe the rule is either "engine greater than 125cc" or "engine greater than 450cc" that requires them to be registered / plated / insured /AND allows them to drive on the Carretera. Look at the big ones you see on the street. Most have plates. They are legal. Always have been. Not the issue.
#2. Small ATVS & golf carts are the problem. Current Jalisco law says they must have plates, which means title/ registration(target de circulation)/ and plates. If they do, they can be driven on public streets EXCEPT the Carretera.
#3. Jalisco state does not issue plates for golf carts. I'm serious. You must have one but you cannot get one. Ridiculous but true.
#4. The newest head of the traffic dept in Chapala wants to enforce the law and golf cart owners should expect some pushback for driving an unlicensed golf cart on the street (and the law also says you cannot park in handicapped parking spots if you don't have a license plate on the vehicle.

What do do? One would think Jalisco would clarify the law and grab the $$$ revenue for selling plates. So far, no. Not in process as far as I am aware.

Some people lakeside have a "Plan B". Without local gov't approval of the idea, they have done a test application to Estadio de Mexico asking for a title and registration for a golf cart(by the way, gas & electric are treated the same). ?? Because that state actually has a vehicle classification that covers golf carts.

One of my friends reported success this week. They have a Factura for an electric golf cart & a Tarjeta de Circulation & a plate. Cost was about 6000 pesos, which included three years' worth of registration. Seems like a lot? I checked my paperwork for buying a new car in Jalisco. I paid 4000 for my car with only one year's registration. Would have been 5000 for three year's back in 2014. So, 6000 is not terrible.

Look for more information from these people as they test this idea.....but.....unless Jalisco steps in to change its rules......out-of-state plates may be the solution for now.

Bob312

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:41 am

Most ATV's I see are driven by under aged, unlicensed, unhelmeted children and teens ripping down the back streets. Rarely have I seen an ATV on the caraterra other than the car sized, 4 seaters. This is where the transitos should focus. Confiscate a few of them and word will travel quick. They need to start patrolling the village back streets on the weekends.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:56 am

ltollefs wrote:Clueless, can you honestly say that you've had any contact with the 'real-World' in the last decade? I thought not. ...also you might want to lookup what a tu quoque fallacy is.

. An appeal to hypocrisy is a logical fallacy in which one attempts to discredit an opponent's position by showing that the person making the argument has been unable to act in accordance with the position being argued for.

Yes, I know the real world of the U.S. and Mexico. My thinking is, the cops here always threaten to have your vehicle towed. If I say that I want to know under what law says I can't drive my ATV on the streets and cop can't quote one, that increases my chance of being able to pay the "fine" on-the-spot. I mean, I get towed, how much does that benefit the cop? I resolve the Mexican way, how much does that benefit the cop?

I doubt there are any Serpico cops in the Chapala/Ajijic area.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:26 am

I was stopped on Revolución and Camino Real by a transito a couple of times so transito do stop people in the village..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2