INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Activity in Jocotepec

+3
lucky
Chapalagringa
MyHomeSweetHome
7 posters

Go down

Activity in Jocotepec Empty Activity in Jocotepec

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:44 pm

Using the octagon again as it's a bit more secure being you must sign in to read posts.

I was just informed that there were 3 kidnappings in Joco today. Signs were put up that next to be picked up would be the chief of police's son. Stores have closed and friends are so afraid they requested sleeping quarters out of the area tonight. We need to pray for peace and hope.

Anyone living in Joco posting here to report how things are?

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Activity in Jocotepec Empty Re: Activity in Jocotepec

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:07 pm

What I don't understand is why the military or police wouldn't lock things down like in the states? I can't find any noticias, not uncommon. This is the only pits about living here regarding current news. Word of mouth is the best source for current news or look out the window. Very Happy
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:02 pm

i live in joco. and, yes, we are having "the troubles." and no, i'm not scared. but i am nervous. just like those who live in northern ireland must be. and i think we are of two minds about the federales or state police moving in. just like those in northern ireland.

i think i've made my point. whatever is going on has been going on for two weeks, at least. if you haven't heard about it previously, there's probably a reason.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:08 pm

I heard just the other day, folks I know, received phone calls threatening kidnapping...

Now they don't want to answer the land line...

Someone down their needs their ass kicked... what the heck do the cops do?
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:16 pm

On the other hand, the word isn't getting out to some. I just got off the phone with a Mexican friend who lives in Ajijic, thinking maybe she'd know something, and happened to be driving in Joco as we spoke. She had no idea anything was going on but would let me know.

Stay safe lucky...you aren't lucky for no reason ;o)

Hocks, what pueblo are your friends living in?

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:26 pm

Unofficial:

Appearently there were a number of kidnappings yesterday and the Joco police cleared out with the thinking the Milinium group is maning the streets in Joco. There was a Joco police truck spotted in Ajijic this a.m. so whether they're back in Joco we don't know.

The odd deal is that none of the papers are reporting anything. The lack of information is bothersome to many.

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:55 pm

Google Translation of an article on some happenings in Jocotepec that may be relative to the other events?
"Guadalajara - State Police arrested a man, apparently a site worker where synthetic drug manufactured in the municipality of Jocotepec. This is Jorge Alberto Camacho Romero 29 years of age, residing in the Santa Fe in Culiacan Sinaloa.

According to authorities, staff of the Directorate of Public Safety State made its run surveillance on the road leading from the village to the town of San Luciano Potrerillos, in the municipality mentioned, when they managed to spot a subject that was given to the flight upon noticing the police presence.

The uniformed men stopped him and assured him a white plastic bucket, containing inside two plastic containers each containing white granules apparently crystal weighing about 800 grams, another plastic container containing granules inside apparently in beige crystal with an approximate weight of 850 grams, plus three other containers is unknown chemical composition.

After the interview, Camacho Romero, said he had gotten a building where drug called crystal produced.

The state police went to the property designated as the clandestine laboratory, which were visible to the naked eye several plastic drums of 200 liters of capacity in different colors, which clearly showed a strong smell of chemicals, several containers of plastic white liquid which contain some of the unknown chemical composition and various utensils used in the manufacture of synthetic drugs.

All insured was made available to an agent of the Federal Public Ministry to continue with their research."

http://www.lapoliciaca.com/nota-roja/tras-la-captura-de-un-hombre-localizan-un-narcolaboratorio-en-jocotepec/

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:02 pm

drug dealers don't go very high on my lists of favorite people...

I find synthetic drug manufacturers particularly loathsome...

one can only hope they drop them in a hole somewhere...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:08 pm

http://jalisco.milenio.com/cdb/doc/noticias2011/b6b781f370a6a65d68634695ab41ff0d

Finally a news report. They arrested a guy for a narco lab?? Come on, there's more to the story than this!

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:19 pm

Unofficial update:

Since I'm not an official & I'm only repeating what is being told to me from a resident who lives 1 block from the activity, please pass over if you're waiting for a newspaper.

Apparently, daily the narcs are putting up banners in the plaza, over the police station and at the entrance of Joco, where the cross is. Recently, they had one stating they wanted the presidente, and he has cleared out. No one knows where he is. The signs between Friday & this morning stated that all children and women are to stay out of the streets and if the police come around they will be shooting people. The people living close to the center are the ones being most effected by this as other residents living at a distance may not even know anything is happening. Narcos are sending letters to merchants with demands or else they will kidnap etc. Merchants are opening but closing early. The people are frightened. Friday 2 were kidnapped.

The young man who was killed & found recently in Joco, was a narco who wanted to quit. This is the pattern of the narcos who want to get out. This is very sad as it's the Mexican youth that are involved with this criminal activity.

Joco police are still hiding. There is a government official that is expected to arrive but no one knows when.

Jocotepec has a website with some current news. Does anyone know the link? The link I can find, looks like you must register and I'm not sure it's the right one.

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:31 pm

Go to www.jocotepec.com And the Presedente Mario was out and about on the 22nd, leading the Jocotepec clean up.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:47 pm

The presidente and his family haven't been staying at their house. My friend said the Joco site reported the murder of the youth two weeks ago. Where does it mention that?

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:52 pm

great site... thanx marty
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:15 pm

I'm very sad to hear of todays happenings.

Probably our retired folk that live in Joco are indoors at night.

I was calling another friend who lives close by Joco to see if they'd heard anything. They hadn't and appreciated the call & warning. They happened to be driving through at midnight last night from the other side of the lake. They thought it strange to have been followed and went back into Joco around a different way. Another friend reminded me again today as we have the same friends that live near the center. Signs there have been warnings for the women and children to stay indoors and no movement after 11 p.m. If gunman were firing and making havoc this afternoon, it may be a good time to go on a vacation somewhere else.

Word on the street this afternoon were of two that were murdered last night in Chapala. These cartels work to take over town by town. We need the big guns(Mexican Marines) to come in and take care of this! The narcos must have cooperation from the police to make things work for them. Again, signs in Joco stated that if the police were seen in the streets, cartels would start shooting people. It's not enough to have state police at the entrance of Joco from the Guadalajara side. Supposedly, state police started this last night and isn't allowing entrance after 11 p.m., this doesn't make sense since our friend drove through at 12 a.m. last night. What about the rest of Joco??

On the other hand, we had a wonderful day today. I'm so sorry this is happening nearby and around us. Everything seems normal to us, just hearing this through the grapevine because there is no media coverage.

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Activity in Jocotepec Empty Twitter Jocotepec anonima

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:12 pm

Go to twitter then put Jocotepec in the search. Heart breaking. Anonima, opened the page to have a voice to be heard & tweets the following:

Tweets 2 hours ago:

"...Q SIGAN ROBANDO Y SECUEESTRANDO ,MATANDO ,TRAFICANDO DROGA N JOCOTEPEC Y PONEN NARCOMANTAS AMENAZANDO A LOS COMERCIANTES D CERRAR A 11PM"
They continue to rob, kidnap, kill, traffic drugs in Jocotepec, and put up narco banners threatening businesses to close by 11 p.m.

The president has threatened/calling? for a group to help get more help in security. They used a word I couldn't translate deliptivo.

The poor person twitting is so upset about the lawlessness and complaining asking when someone will do something? They mention a few that were kidnapped last week etc. Doesn't sound good.

Last edited by MyHomeSweetHome on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:17 pm

delictivo - criminal
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:47 pm

http://twitter.com/#!/denuciajoco

EL PRESIDENTE ESTA AMENAZADO POR UN GRUPO DELIPTIVO , DONDE PIEDA APOYO EN SEGURIDAD LE VAN A HACER ALGO POR ESO NO PIDE AYUDA Y Q SIGAN...

Intercasa, could you please interpret this?

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:54 pm

The mayor is being threatened by a criminal group, where asking for police help they are going to do something to him for that therefore he doesn't ask for help and they continue.

Doesn't make too much sense, spelling errors and poor punctuation, maybe someone typing too fast on their i phone?
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down