INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paying My Landlord In US Dollars

+20
Jreboll
RichD
solajijic
slainte39
Rosa Venus
helohfe
sallys other sister
gobluejohn
hickton
CHILLIN
brigitte
CanuckBob
ferret
Ricardo
Lady Otter Latté
Trailrunner
RVGRINGO
sparks
Zedinmexico
Gamina
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Paying My Landlord In US Dollars - Page 3 Empty Re: Paying My Landlord In US Dollars

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:02 pm

Jerlyn, it is always best to read the entire thread before responding. The OP said about 10 posts ago that he was going to pay in U.S. dollars.

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Paying My Landlord In US Dollars - Page 3 Empty Re: Paying My Landlord In US Dollars

Post by sallys other sister Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:07 pm

Mark that one down in the lost column
sallys other sister
sallys other sister
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:30 am

Hello all,
I am in the house and all is well. I love the fact that I can crawl back from the American Legion and not drive buzzed home.

Telmex has come and gone and I find the connection great.
Paying My Landlord In US Dollars - Page 3 <a href=Paying My Landlord In US Dollars - Page 3 5861801102" />
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:49 am

Thats as good as it gets here Rich don't touch a thing. Your upload speed is great. I get 8 down and .8 up. Lucky you.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:36 am

Not quite as good as it gets here but decent. I regularly get 20.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:52 am

Carry Bean wrote:Not quite as good as it gets here but decent.  I regularly get 20.

I only pay for ten, how about you?
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:06 am

Wow the Gods are with you. I am curious about upload speed? I am assuming you are running Telmex DSL. Is this with the new VDSL modems? You can't buy more than 10 in Ajijic these days from Telmex if you are lucky and have the right wire length. Just checked a couple of weeks ago. Telecable is only selling 5 down for new customers. I drool over the brochure that offers 30 50 and 100 on the desk at the Telmex office. The price on the 100 down was 999P. I can still dream.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:06 am

This is mine this morning. I find my upload speed varies the most. This morning it is not so good.

Paying My Landlord In US Dollars - Page 3 5864245682

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:14 am

Running a leetle bit slow this morning.  It's Telmex with WIFI.

Paying My Landlord In US Dollars - Page 3 5864267480

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:31 am

San Antonio:
Ping:22
Down: 5.46
Up: .41
WiFi on tablet with TelMex modem. SOP for SAT
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:47 am

Paying My Landlord In US Dollars - Page 3 5864331096

Paying for 10 (599 pesos) and getting ten in Lower Riberas. The really good news is that the wind is blowing and I still have an internet connection and no static on the phone line. I've also been getting phone calls from Telmex asking if anything is improving. I'm cautiously optimistic. Dare I connect my Vonage phone again? I thought the poor thing was going to wear itself out with its constantly flashing light. Still, I do get an e-mail with the voice message even it's totally disconnected and that may be the most expensive answering machine in the world at $22 Canadian a month but at least it keeps me connected to Canada. They get charged for calling Mexico otherwise and I can always call them back on my Landline.
I have iPhone, Vonage, iMessage, Facetime and Skype...and can call for free anywhere in Mexico, in the U.S. or in Canada. Mexico has come a LONG flippin' way in 20 years.
BTW, the last young lady to call me from Telmex also asked if I was getting my bill on time. We both laughed when I told her that the arrival of the bill was the only consistent thing that Telmex did. ;)

Last edited by ferret on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:57 am

I only pay for the lowest (5MB?) and still get 10mb/s.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:05 am

I am not pushing my luck and changing anything. I'm just gonna be grateful. When I moved into this house at the end of May, the previous owner was paying 389 pesos but the speed was a steady 5 mb/sec. . I'm happy.
But I don't have water coming in from the street today. If it's not one thing it's your mother.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:15 am

TelMex will be happy to tell you that we are NOT paying for 10 or 20 or whatever, we are paying for "UP TO" 10 or 20 or whatever. So they have covered their butts with the wording.

I've always heard it's not useful to pay for more than the lowest package.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:36 am

I pay 599 pesos and don't want to risk going to the lower price in case they lower my speed. (Lower Riberas)

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:39 am

Carry Bean wrote:I pay 599 pesos and don't want to risk going to the lower price in case they lower my speed.  (Lower Riberas)

That's exactly where my head is at CarryBean. If, when I moved in, I was paying 389 a month and getting 5 and now I'm paying 599 but getting 10...why in the world would I choose to change?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mapleleaf Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:56 am

In Las Redes Chapala:

Paying My Landlord In US Dollars - Page 3 5864541954

I'm paying for the lowest tier, $389
mapleleaf
mapleleaf
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:11 pm

Trailrunner--what speed are you paying for? I pay 389 and 3Mb.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:32 pm

It is my understanding that the 389 P plan for phone and internet is 5 to 8. It can be lower as it was before they shut us down for three days in Las Salvias and it came back with 3 than 5 a week later than 8 another month or so later. I just wish the upload speed was a little bit higher. My next door neighbor on the same plane only gets 5.

Thanks for the info

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:02 pm

I get over 10 regularly on my $389 plan.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:03 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I get over 10 regularly on my $389 plan.

You and many people. I was just parroting what Telmex said to me a few weeks ago. I am happy to have 8 down. We can't get more than 5 from Telmex at LCS near you so go figure. Lucky you!! Our Telecable service at LCS is not so good as it goes up and down which drives our members crazy but the higher upload speed is nice for Skype type applications especially when multiple member try to run skype. My vote is overwhelmingly for Telmex DSL. My Telecable cable modem which is suppose to be 5 is 2 most of the time as our neighborhood is overloaded as Cable modem are shared resources. Telmex is still the winner. Sad cause my Mom in Seattle has 175 down and 30 going up with her cable modem. Maybe someday.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3