INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paying My Landlord In US Dollars

+20
Jreboll
RichD
solajijic
slainte39
Rosa Venus
helohfe
sallys other sister
gobluejohn
hickton
CHILLIN
brigitte
CanuckBob
ferret
Ricardo
Lady Otter Latté
Trailrunner
RVGRINGO
sparks
Zedinmexico
Gamina
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Paying My Landlord In US Dollars - Page 2 Empty Re: Paying My Landlord In US Dollars

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:52 pm

Rich, the fact that you ask "What battle" says you have no idea what you are rushing headlong for. You can not even imagine how wrong this all could go.
I did not see the previous comment you made that CBob was kind enough to delete for you, but your oil lap comment is another ill-advised thing to post.
Best of luck in however you decide to proceed.

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Paying My Landlord In US Dollars - Page 2 Empty Re: Paying My Landlord In US Dollars

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:54 pm

Is it really all that difficult (or expensive) to get USD? I have never had to do it. Just curious.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:59 pm

no doom and gloom , relax and have fun but do not let anyone reach in your pockets for money..

This is a great country but one thing you want to do is stay awy from legal disputes because then gloom and doom does not cover it..

I m caught in one of those right now and have to go to court again tomorrow to be present in a dispute between two parties The legal system here is a mind boggler and the logic does not make any sense.. just better stay away from any dispute as you never know how it ends up.. The lawyers make money but that is it, the people involved become part of the gulag and no one wins..

DO not assume anything because you do not know the system..just follow what Spencer tells you and have him help you on the next contract before anything get sealed and you will be fine..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:12 pm

With the peso no longer pegged at a certain rate against the dollar by the government, is there any longer an "official" exchange rate?

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:20 pm

It's usually the average of two or three rates in town...like Actinver or Multiva or one of the banks. They are never the same but most reasonable landlords will accept the average.

You can be "correct" until the cows come home but it will not render a verdict in your favour. In Mexico it's not a matter of right or wrong...it's a matter of who knows who. Don't waste your time Rich and please cool your jets or you will find yourself blacklisted for rentals. It's probably not the only house that's awesome that's for rent.
Suerte.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:28 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Is it really all that difficult (or expensive) to get USD? I have never had to do it. Just curious.

HSBC
Compra: $20.08
Venta: $20.57

This is when the pegged exchange is 20.39, so my rent will cost me .875% more. The hassle is going to buy the dollars and delivering it to the landlord every month. I have a car now, a full sized van, but when I receive my permanente, I may be car less for awhile.
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:42 pm

Well the cost seems minimal and the bank is pretty close to you so maybe you could at least re-negotiate to have her come and get the money so no car is necessary. Other than that you got nothing better to do anyhow.........jaja.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Get the landlady to come and get it on a certain day at a certain time, ..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:22 pm

Thanks all for your input. Over and out.
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:30 pm

RichD - you sound like you are close to a good setup. You can't "lawyer up" as they do in the U.S.A. Spencer is a good guy, a busy guy, an expensive guy, but a great many lawyers here are crooks. As I mentioned - you need a mediator, a fixer, a facilitator. This is a guy who makes things work in Mexico, when people on this board, and others, will tell you these things are not possible. You could live here twenty years or more and still not understand what wheels to grease, and exactly how much grease to use. I am willing to PM you a good one. Ask for a meeting with your landlady, and bring him along, as a translator, "to make sure she understands your concerns in Spanish". Just an idea. The biggest tip - if you become angry or demanding with your new landlady, you have lost any possible negotiation - game over.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:36 pm

All good info from old hands here. Looks like hes not going to listen.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gobluejohn Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:05 pm

the HSBC ATM across from Walmart if you want local cash (peso) or American $
gobluejohn
gobluejohn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:18 pm

gobluejohn wrote:...or American $

Wow, I had no idea. Thanks.
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sallys other sister Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:21 pm

RichD wrote:My landlord insisted on a lease in USD and a payment in USD. She will not accept MNP and wants me to buy dollars and deliver them to her. My efforts to get her to even try PayPal have failed. Wire transfers are too costly and so is buying dollars at the bank. The house was too desirable to walk away from the deal, so I accepted her damned demand.

I am hoping to find an economical solution, one without me doing all the legwork entailed. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
All she has to do iS raise your lease payment to compensate ¿ didn't you have an agreement in which currency you was to pay her in ¿
sallys other sister
sallys other sister
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by helohfe Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Don't be a PUTZ..Pay the lady in $US..The difference in not worth all this jabber..Life is too short to squeeze the dime this hard..Love your place..pay her..no one appointed you the revenue tax man..

helohfe
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:28 pm

helohfe wrote:Don't be a PUTZ..Pay the lady in $US..The difference in not worth all this jabber..Life is too short to squeeze the dime this hard..Love your place..pay her..no one appointed you the revenue tax man..

I thought I said that is what I will do.

The freaking place if phenomenal. I got the "clicker" today to the gate and boy do I feel important. LOL I have moved half my stuff and will finish tomorrow and leave the great Hotel Perico where due to the amount of things I brought, we have two rooms.
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:57 pm

Enjoy your life here. But yeah, like they said, don't pick a fight.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:31 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:Enjoy your life here. But yeah, like they said, don't pick a fight.

Agree.....would the difference in money be worth the aggravation and stress of a fight, and even if it is the principle of the matter, it is not monumental.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:07 am

On the Paypal, how does someone here get into their hands the money you send via Paypal?

And why are you going Permenante when you could go Temporal for a year or two and keep your car until you and your son settle into your lives here.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:32 am

Open a free PayPal account and find out how. The problem with PayPal in my instance is the landlord would have a paper trail of the income.

On the permanente thing, I do not in my circumstances need to return to the border to apply for it nor do I need to show financials. Family unity is the key.
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:26 am

Sometimes being happy in Mexico is to ignore or overlook its inconveniences. If you were happy when you arrived you can still be for the duration of your lease

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:49 am

solajijic wrote:On the Paypal, how does someone here get into their hands the money you send via Paypal?

When you open a PayPal account you link it to either your bank account or credit card (or both). Whenever you receive money into your PayPal account you get an email from them asking if you want the money transferred to either your bank account or CC. When you send money they take it from either one. If you do a lot of back and forth transactions you can leave a float in your PayPal account. It works well for my business.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Telso Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:40 pm

Be very very careful , most Mexicans don't use the courts to settle disputes..

Telso

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerlyn Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:15 pm

Regardless of the legalities of the original agreement, it seems a little unethical to make an agreement and then plot a way around it ... or are we just going with two wrongs make a right ...

Jerlyn

Humor : Sometimes I get it ... sometimes :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:26 pm

The OP is doing nothing of the kind, Jerlyn.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:02 pm

Jerlyn, it is always best to read the entire thread before responding. The OP said about 10 posts ago that he was going to pay in U.S. dollars.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next