INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dengue Truck was in upper Ajijic today!

+6
RVGRINGO
cypress
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
Rosa Venus
10 posters

Go down

The Dengue Truck was in upper Ajijic today! Empty The Dengue Truck was in upper Ajijic today!

Post by Rosa Venus Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:51 pm

I was happy, thrilled really, to see the Denque Truck puffing fumes as it went by my house at least three times today around 7pm in upper Ajijic. I know it does no good for those who are already suffering from it, or have, but I'll take whatever hope I can get.

I don't want Dengue, or any of the other ones. And I'm a mosquito magnet.

Thanks truck!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

The Dengue Truck was in upper Ajijic today! Empty Re: The Dengue Truck was in upper Ajijic today!

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:25 am

Please take the time after the truck passes to walk the yard and roof and areas that the truck doesn't get to and tip over all water containers and such with open water. Do this at least twice a week. They can't do this but we can.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

The Dengue Truck was in upper Ajijic today! Empty Re: The Dengue Truck was in upper Ajijic today!

Post by CanuckBob Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:28 am

That's great to hear Rosa. I was also impressed when I received a call from some agency last week wanting the details of where I lived because I tested positive a few weeks ago.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:29 am

Here is SAT they are not using the truck, so far, but rather they have 2 people going around fumigating. They want in the house and all over your property, they are educating people, tipping over containers with water, and spraying. They are spraying IN the house too.
Not in my house!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:55 am

I always wonder what they are spraying. Once I saw them going down a street where there was a restaurant. In advance the restaurant staff were running around closing all the windows.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:44 am

There is also concern about the effect upon the bee population, which is already in trouble. Without bees, we starve.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:52 am

I came down with Dengue from a mosquito bite a couple of weeks ago and this was a most unpleasant and even scary experience. I understand that if I suffer a second round of Dengue it can be much more dangerous from inducing internal bleeding so I was pleased when the state sent an exterminator around to our neighborhood in Six. Corners to spray in my garden, palapa and peripheral structures last week. He also sprayed along our residential street. Even with the spraying, I I use OFF Repellent religiously as should everyone in Six Corners where the disease is epidemic adjacent to the lake.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:00 am

CanuckBob wrote:That's great to hear Rosa. I was also impressed when I received a call from some agency last week wanting the details of where I lived because I tested positive a few weeks ago.

Could it have been from walking along the lake? I noticed a few puddles there. Haven't seen many skeeters on our street...yet.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:14 am

Well, RV, that is a legitimate concern and, according to what I have read in local media here at Lakeside, bees are being adversly effected.  Nothing on our planet is simple so I guess someone must set priorities and negatives seem to always accompany positive accomplishments.  I can say from recent experience that Dengue is a dreadful disease and recurrences are quite dangerous because of the possibility of dangerous internal bleeding so what do you do?  When I was  a kid in the 1940s, I loved the smell of DDT which was in commonplace usage in my sub-tropical, swampy native South Alabama  and later it was banned as harmful in general.  We humans make lots of mistakes in the name of progress.  Most certainly the spraying for Dengue probably has adverse consequences perhaps as yet unidentified but one does not want to contract. Dengue, especially a dangerous second or third round of the dosease.  Under the circumstances as a first time Dengue sufferer,  I vote for the spray reluctantly.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:38 am

Some sprays, particularly general pesticides, may not be the ideal approach. The mosquito battle can be difficult, for sure, targeting of standing water with oil drops, or preventing standing water, and spraying at times when bees are not active, etc.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:09 pm

I elected, also reluctantly, not to allow the fumigators onto my property and to do it myself. I am diligent - and I hope successful.

Apparently, I had dengue in utero. My mother became infected with it in her 6th month of pregnancy and was hospitalized. I was born 2 months premature, in 1944, in Honolulu. I think those doctors did a damn good job of saving both of us!

After talking to a few doctors about it later in my life, they said as far as they knew the virus could cross the placenta and that I had been exposed. If I get it again, it's possible I too will get the hemorrhagic response. I still wouldn't let them in to spray DDT in my house and on my organic vege garden. Glad I had the choice.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:48 pm

Are they using DDT in SAT?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:08 pm

They wouldn't tell me what it was but I assumed so since they use it in the trucks. Their answer was they didn't know. The woman with the clipboard wore a mask protecting her chin and the guy with the fumigating apparatus had no mask or other protection. Mexicans in my neighborhood don't think breathing insecticide is dangerous.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:12 am

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc

Maybe
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:24 am

Mendez urged the government to preserve its remaining "stock of DDT in case of a massive outbreak of malaria.
Dr. Mendez now wants to destroy Mexico's DDT, but not because he thinks it's bad. The pesticide, in hindsight, became obsolete long ago, he said."
http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/mexico/ddt.htm
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:31 am

Here is the correct link, see above ^^
http://www.latinamericanstudies.org
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:45 am

http://gladwell.com/the-mosquito-killer/
DDT in depth article
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down