INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires

+15
Pedro
martygraw
hopefully
Jim W
Flamingo
CHILLIN
Playaboy
Trailrunner
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
viajero
borderreiver
brigitte
wildharp
CanuckBob
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires Empty Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:27 pm

The Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires. My neighbor, Cathy, went around the neighborhood collecting whatever she could over the past couple of weeks. She collected enough for 3 of the tires but we are $800 pesos short for the 4th tire. Any donations would be greatly appreciated. We do not want this truck to be out of service.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires Empty Re: Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires

Post by wildharp Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:29 pm

Any way to contribute long distance?  I won't be there till Oct.
wildharp
wildharp

Humor : no

Back to top Go down

Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires Empty Re: Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:25 pm

I suppose you could send me a donation via Paypal and I could give it to them on your behalf. Send me a PM if you wish to do this.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:39 pm

I wonder what Mexico did before foreigners showed up-

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:46 pm

Possible Phd thesis there Brigitte. I think that about the time foreigners/a middle class showed up so did garbage/trash as we know it. Or, to put it another way - the trash came along with the trash jajaja. I think the bottom line is: Chapala has no $ for new skins. If you want your trash picked up - pony up. Hereabouts trash and recycling pickup costs $C240/yr. That's on top of property taxes. Kudos to Cathy.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:59 pm

This is not Canada so the comparaison is irrelevant, just wondering if the Mexican population is asked for money. I have been in Chiapas for the last 6 weeks where foreigners are not asked every other day to improve the town. Everyone is asked to participate when there is a need in town not just foreigners.
Maybe I am getting the wrong impression since i am not there so I do not know if everyone is asked to participate but it seems to be a routinne exercice on this forum.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:09 pm

brigitte wrote:I wonder what Mexico did before foreigners showed up-
Built pyramids,sacrificed virgins,grew corn,fought with their neighbors,etc..

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:49 pm

Viajero:

mariachi 

flag waver 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:51 pm

brigitte wrote:This is not Canada so the comparaison is irrelevant, just wondering if the Mexican population is asked for money. I have been in Chiapas for the last 6 weeks where foreigners are not asked every other day to improve the town. Everyone is asked to participate when there is a need in town not just foreigners.
Maybe I am getting the wrong impression since i am not there so I do not know if everyone is asked to participate but it seems to be a routinne exercice on this forum.

It is, if you spend time in both places.
If using that logic, then Jalisco is not Chiapas.

Keep up the good work Cathy and Cbob, naysayers aside.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Viajero:

mariachi 

flag waver 

Just to pick a fight Lady O......
The mariachis and the flag came after the "foreigners" showed up.    lol! 

It's a slow night and maybe you would like to digress with me.    Twisted Evil

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:18 pm

Brigitte,
I think the comparison is totally relevant. We would not be having this conversation if there was a coefficient between Mexican And Canadian property taxes and what you derive from paying those rates. You know what I pay. Garbage/trash pickup is biweekly. In Ajijic, you pay next to nothing taxwise, and they are around just about every day. They are around, I suspect, because they are scavenging the trash. They are paid next to nothing. I just hope the drivetrain lasts.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:21 pm

Slainte:
Nope. I tried, but I could not work up a good fight.
Wait! How about: "I am congratulating Viajero on a solid post, using modern means of communication. Also, I AM a foreigner so what were you expecting?"  
Nope, never mind. I don´t have it in me tonight. But, just for the hell of it:
 Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires 850219
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:56 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Slainte:
Nope. I tried, but I could not work up a good fight.
Wait! How about: "I am congratulating Viajero on a solid post, using modern means of communication. Also, I AM a foreigner so what were you expecting?"  
Nope, never mind. I don´t have it in me tonight. But, just for the hell of it:
 Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires 850219

Not bad for faux anger.
Of course I didn't want a fight anyway, and viajero's post is grand.
Isn't madness by moonlight a wonderful thing?
Better than sitting around with a truck load of garbage and some flat tires.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:29 am

O also live in Ajijic and we get garbage íck up 2 times a week not everydat and that is fine, if we get it twice a week that is fine too. In Chiapas we get it ywice a week and wr have no problem with that Also down here eople only put garbage out after the bell rings so there is no ugly garbage bag being left overnight by lazy people.
Gatbage is part of the human condition wether people are middle class , rich or poor, there is plenty of garbage in poor places as well..
Just ponting out that you are suckers. I do not see foreigners sending money for anyhing down here and people survive, garbage gets picked up and is not left on the street and there is still plenty of money left for way too many cohetes and this is the poorest state in the nation, wonder how they do it.

Mexican people are very resourceful and will sirvive with or without some new tires on the garbage truck.
We just got hit with our forth tornado on the last few weeks and 30 mn after ot hit people were already rebuilding as they lnew there was no help coming , CFE was there with new electric lines and the market people were sorting out the metal roofs and rebuilding the wooden schacks. There were tons of garbage on the street since the dump got hit as well but within a few days everything will back to normal.
Down here they got smart , quit building pyramids with ridiculously small steps and ran out of virgins but they still are fighting their neughbors like crazy, I guess that is progress..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:55 am

jajaja Epic post, Brigitte!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:05 am

brigitte wrote:O also live in Ajijic and we get garbage íck up 2 times a week not everydat and that is fine, if we get it twice a week that is fine too. In Chiapas we get it ywice a week and  wr have no problem with that Also down here eople only put garbage out after the bell rings so there is no ugly garbage bag being left overnight by lazy people.
Gatbage is part of the human condition wether people are middle class , rich or poor, there is plenty of garbage in poor places as well..
Just ponting out that you are suckers. I do not see foreigners sending money for anyhing down here and people survive, garbage gets picked up and is not left on the street and there is still plenty of money left for way too many cohetes and this is the poorest state in the nation, wonder how they do it.

Mexican people are very resourceful and will sirvive with or without some new tires on the garbage truck.
We just got hit with our forth tornado on the last few weeks and  30 mn after ot hit people were already rebuilding as they lnew there was no help coming , CFE was there with new electric lines and the market people were sorting out the metal roofs and rebuilding the wooden schacks. There were tons of garbage on the street since the dump got hit as well  but within a few days everything will back to normal.
Down here they got smart , quit building pyramids with ridiculously small steps and ran out of virgins but they still are fighting their neughbors like crazy, I guess that is progress..

I live in the village and get trash PU every day except Sunday. Maybe if you pitched in for the new tires you would too.......jajajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:25 am

I imagine before the foreigner's showed up to "expedite" the situation, the truck would be out of action on a regular basis and garbage would start to pile up. After it becomes intolerable the Mexicans would likely solicit the Delagado. A few more weeks would pass with no results and finally they would pass the hat and get the tires. I would rather pitch in a few pesos now and forgo the stink and drama......

Here is the truck and the 3 tires we have so far.

Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires 10394710

Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires 60642_10

Last edited by CanuckBob on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:43 am

brigitte wrote:I wonder what Mexico did before foreigners showed up-

Remittance pays for lots of things the government can't.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:46 pm

I have a dream. One day, someone will post a request for some worthy cause and no one will gripe, criticize, complain, tell the donors how stupid they are for giving or imply how savvy and intelligent it is to not give. They would just not contribute and be quiet. Aaaaaah. Well, as I said in the the first sentence, it is a dream.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:49 pm

We have already raised $300. Just $500 more to go. Thanks to those who contributed so far!!!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:03 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote: They would just not contribute and be quiet.

What a novel idea, and so easy to do.    Rolling Eyes....but I guess someone has to carry the torch for the opposition making "epic" posts.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:08 pm

I hope you feel beeter go contributing to this new cause..hope you do not end up with a dead truck with 4 new tires because by the look of it you should all pitch for a new truck-

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:33 pm

Why not combine 'village beautification' monies and 'Green' monies- go back to Burros and wooden carts! Free compost too.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:51 pm

I would just point out that CBob said "Cathy collected money from the neighbors." I didn't notice that he specified if they were brown neighbors or beige neighbors. Why are you are assuming only the foreigners are contributing?
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:04 pm

Both gringos and Mexicans have contributed so far.

Yes Brigitte, I feel beeter for contributing. Maybe you should try it and feel better too.

Beer 

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next