INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires

+15
Pedro
martygraw
hopefully
Jim W
Flamingo
CHILLIN
Playaboy
Trailrunner
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
viajero
borderreiver
brigitte
wildharp
CanuckBob
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires - Page 2 Empty Re: Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:04 pm

Both gringos and Mexicans have contributed so far.

Yes Brigitte, I feel beeter for contributing. Maybe you should try it and feel better too.

Beer 

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires - Page 2 Empty Re: Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires

Post by brigitte Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:38 pm

I feel fine and would not contribute a penny for a city service. Sorry but the answe is forget it. There are plenty of other problems where people are in need and where my money, I feel is better used.
This should be in the city in the budget if Chapala cannot afford 6 times a week pick up maybe they should cut back. I have no problems with that

I lost my roof a few weeks ago and we had two other tornadoes since then  one yesterday and one on Wednesday: over 600 houses are damaged  so there are plenty of people who need help no need to look for causes. To each its own.

Last edited by brigitte on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:42 pm

In our colonia in Guadalajara we get trash pick up 5 days a week,the three man crews do pretty well,relatively speaking,due to the tips most of the neighbors give them,but as far as the neighbors contributing to buy new tires for the truck..that's not gonna happen.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:46 pm

I must have adopted the culture because that is exactly the way I feel. In SC we get pick up twice a week and we all manage but God help us if we put garbage ou before the bell and hey go y between 6 and 6.30am..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:53 pm

We live in the Haciendas and pay 700 pesos per month fees to the Fracc., which covers garbage and water.   Do residents in Ajijic pay monthly fees?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:52 pm

No the fee is supposed to becovered by the taxes- Frankly pick up 6 times a week for a village is a big expense and could be cut back. We live in the village in a privada and the garbage people only come 3 tims a week and that is plenty. Twice a week would be fine.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hopefully Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:08 pm

The municipality has the funds. They just know they can put the touch on the "love to slap themselves on the back in public" gringos. Then they can more easily divert the official funds to something extra-official. What, something like 99.99% of the pueblos in this country don't have any gringos to hit on and they make do just fine.

hopefully

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:09 pm

I agree Brigitte!   Ours are picked up twice a week, and we pay Christmas bonus/tip.   My taxes last year was 3250mxp.  I just find it odd that residents of Ajijic are asking for a handout!    Maybe they need a tax increase?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:10 pm

Hopefully, that is my point exactly.

Last edited by brigitte on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:12 pm

I have no problem paying a fee for garbage to the city as ong as everyone pays it. I can tell yo that there is no way they will ask for 700 pesos a month. The town people would not pay it.
I have a problem paying extra for something that should be in the budget. Paying to "help" the city is just rewarding poor management.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by wildharp Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:29 pm

CBob, you are such a trouble maker...... Very Happy
wildharp
wildharp

Humor : no

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:40 pm

wildharp wrote:CBob, you are such a trouble maker...... Very Happy

Yeaahh....he should probably get a "time out".    lol! lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:48 pm

brigitte wrote:I have no problem paying a fee for garbage to the city as ong as everyone pays it. I can tell yo that there is no way they will ask for 700 pesos a month. The town people  would not pay it.
I have a problem paying extra for something that should be in the budget. Paying to "help" the city is just rewarding poor management.

I agree, Brigitte!   Still my question is why should anyone living outside of Ajijic, donate to solve their problems?   Especially when we pay our Fracc. for service!   Let them pony up, as their taxes are lower than mine!    Basta
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:53 pm

yes good idea and as I said they should go for the truck while they are at it and look at it as an investment  Very Happy .

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:57 pm

Dead Horse 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:14 pm

Thumbs up
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:21 pm

Got to agree with Brigitte, expats paying for tires for Chapala's garbage trucks, utter nonsense.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:48 pm

Dead Horse 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:09 pm

martygraw wrote:Got to agree with Brigitte, expats paying for tires for Chapala's garbage trucks, utter nonsense.
exactly!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:22 pm

Dead Horse 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:34 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Dead Horse 
 Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse 
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:49 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Dead Horse 

Before he is completely dead/eviscerated....can we pass the hat in Chiapas?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:27 am

Chapala has no money due to paying back debt from previous administrations. Truck is unit that picks up trash on narrow streets and also picks up green trash all over town. I commend C.B. for seeing a dangerous problem and trying to fix it. If you don't want to participate than fine but stay quiet and let C.B. get something done. We have no government money in Ajijic. 300 pesos for the truck C.B. is my donation and thanks for caring unlike many folks here.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:33 am

Thanks Zed. There always seems to be those who never donate time or money to anything but like to criticize those that do. They usually provide some sort of justification along with it. They are typically the same ones that never participate in anything yet seem to have a comment about it. No where in this thread was anyone asking for opinions. Just looking for those that want to help.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Ajijic Village garbage truck needs new tires - Page 2 Empty Ajijic garbage truck

Post by artsnob Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:39 am

I at my casa in Mex City, Will return next Wednesday the 13 I will give you 500 pesos for this worthy cause

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:12 am

CanuckBob wrote:Thanks Zed. There always seems to be those who never donate time or money to anything but like to criticize those that do. They usually provide some sort of justification along with it. They are typically the same ones that never participate in anything yet seem to have a comment about it. No where in this thread was anyone asking for opinions. Just looking for those that want to help.
yes yer probly right about a coupla complainers but then again some of us donate plenty of time and money to all kinds of causes including to gummints. it is apparent that some of us find this sort of project inappropriate in the overall scheme of things.
helping the kid with the golf cart comes to mind as a more appropriate cause. spencer's idea about paying fer garbage bins is another good neighbourly idea.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next