INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has the weakening of the peso affected you personally?

+2
David
Clueless
6 posters

Go down

Has the weakening of the peso affected you personally? Empty Has the weakening of the peso affected you personally?

Post by Clueless Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:31 am

As per the Guadalajara Reporter opined, the peso will break 20 soon; it closed for the weekend at 18.8280 (interbank rate).

What I have seen over the last couple of months, is that as we et more peso for our US$ (or Canadian), many prices go out, especially in some restaurants and smaller shops where they must buy their supplies in US$.

Walmart has many fixed prices that they have not increased (at least at the shelf/sticker); also, you rarely find any houses priced in pesos, and I don't know about big ticket items such a cars.

Have you noticed any significant changes?
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Has the weakening of the peso affected you personally? Empty Re: Has the weakening of the peso affected you personally?

Post by David Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:42 am

When the $US gains or the $MX loses value we get a raise. In 2005 when we moved here it was 10.5 Peso/$1US. It's been nice since we get little or no increase in Social Security each year.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Has the weakening of the peso affected you personally? Empty Re: Has the weakening of the peso affected you personally?

Post by Carry Bean Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:52 am

I've spent a LOT while the dollar is strong because it won't last forever. New stove, sofa, refrigerator, roof redone good for 5 years, other repairs, etc. It's all gone in the local economy and I'm glad I got it done before the dollar sinks.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by islandiver Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:13 pm

Mexican core inflation rate is 2.93%
Food inflation 4.6%
Mexico Raises Key Rate to 3.75%

islandiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:18 pm

Well, that explains everything!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by gpbasap Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:24 am

Clueless wrote:As per the Guadalajara Reporter opined, the peso will break 20 soon; it closed for the weekend at 18.8280 (interbank rate).

What I have seen over the last couple of months, is that as we et more peso for our US$ (or Canadian), many prices go out, especially in some restaurants and smaller shops where they must buy their supplies in US$.

Walmart has many fixed prices that they have not increased (at least at the shelf/sticker); also, you rarely find any houses priced in pesos, and I don't know about big ticket items such a cars.

Have you noticed any significant changes?

One, what small shops must buy their supplies in USD?
And, two, I still have no desire to spend my pesos/dollar on your dog ambulance.

In answer to your question, no, I have not noticed significant changes.
gpbasap
gpbasap
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:07 am

Oh, the dog ambulance! I forgot about that. Since Clueless said he would finance it himself I am sure with the favorable exchange rate he is moving right along with that.
Hey, Clueless, how about an update on the doggy ambulance.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down