INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lunatics Rule The Asylum

+26
Clete
Trailrunner
Halfglass
itsme
salvadors
papa chango
kipissippi
mattoleriver
Luisa
Zedinmexico
suegarn
shana
Flamingo
toedippers
Rosa Venus
RVGRINGO
lunateak
Carry Bean
jrm30655
gringal
ltollefs
slainte39
Playaboy
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
hockables
30 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Lunatics Rule The Asylum - Page 5 Empty Re: The Lunatics Rule The Asylum

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:55 am

Since my son and his wife, and my daughter and her husband all have CCPs as well as multiple weapons in their homes I know more about responsible gun ownership than you smugly assume. I also know that the U.S. has a gun and gun violence problem. Prattle on.

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:36 am

[quote="Lady Otter Latté"]Since my son and his wife, and my daughter and her husband all have CCPs as well as multiple weapons in their homes I know more about responsible gun ownership than you smugly assume. I also know that the U.S. has a gun and gun violence problem. Prattle on.[/quote]

LOL! I know a guy!  ""Since my son and his wife, and my daughter and her husband all have CCPs"" .... so conclusion = I'm the expert here!  And you know more about responsible gun ownership than I and you (may) never even owned a gun.......

You mam, don't even know how ignorant your statement sounds....

LOL!

You just made my day thanks for the laugh!  :-)

lol!  lol!  lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:50 am

[quote="Lady Otter Latté"]Since my son and his wife, and my daughter and her husband all have CCPs as well as multiple weapons in their homes I know more about responsible gun ownership than you smugly assume. I also know that the U.S. has a gun and gun violence problem. Prattle on.[/quote]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/57513647.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:24 pm

I'm surprised this thread hasn't wandered into the Octagon yet.

I don't own a gun; don't feel the need.  Don't know the details of qualifying for doing so.

Coming from the absolutely, positively layman point of view, I have only one big, fat question:
Why does an ordinary citizen NEED an assault rifle?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:30 pm

Does your son, wife and daughter constanly train?

Smh... It must be scary having gun loving nuts as close family members..

Do tell do you lecture them on the evils of  not supporting gun control?

espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:33 pm

[quote="gringal"]I'm surprised this thread hasn't wandered into the Octagon yet.

I don't own a gun; don't feel the need.  Don't know the details of qualifying for doing so.

Coming from the absolutely, positively layman point of view, I have only one big, fat question:
[b]Why does an ordinary citizen NEED an assault rifle?[/b][/quote]

Speaking for myself only, there is no need to own an assault rifle at all.

There are far better choices out there than an AR-15 or an AK-47
Such as the Barrett Model 82A1

https://barrett.net/firearms/model82a1

https://barrett.net/firearms/

None of these weapons would be affected by an "Assault Rifle" ban and they are far more accurate at longer distances.

Just my humble opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:34 pm

In answer to your question Gringal, The only reason to own an assault rifle is because they can. Legal or illegal.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:35 pm

[quote="espíritu del lago"]Does your son, wife and daughter constanly train?

Smh... It must be scary having gun loving nuts as close family members..

Do tell do you lecture them on the evils of  not supporting gun control?

[/quote]

LOL! Love it!

She's left the topic, can't stand it when some one exposes her ignorance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:41 pm

I find your fantasying about my family life and creating a whole new persona for me a bit creepy. It is embarrassing for you just how far off the mark you are. Hope you are better with handling guns than you are with psychoanalyzing total strangers.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:43 pm

Okay, next question:

Why does an ordinary citizen NEED a gun?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:48 pm

I bet it a hoot when Gramma comes for the holidays and has few and decides to lecture eveyone on guns, politics and liberalism.. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when Gramma comes to town..

Target pactice kids? Lets show Gramma how good a shot we are. lol

Its ok Gramma , don't be afraid of the crime rate here in the US,  we'll protect you. O and we bought you a kevalar jacket to protect just  because we love you..
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:54 pm

Gringal, because the constitution says we can.

Also I shoot rattlesnakes, copperheads, water moccisans. Wild javilina, deer... I personally like my food source to come from my land.

espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:51 pm

[quote="gringal"]Okay, next question:

[b]Why does an ordinary citizen NEED a gun?[/b][/quote]

I'll answer this truthfully and from the heart. One good reason why I needed a gun (in fact many different guns) I lived on a homestead in Alaska for 14 years I lived off the land. Raised and hunted my own food. I had dirt floors no running water and made much of my own clothing. I needed a 300 Win Mag for Moose, Caribou and bear. I had a 3 1/2 inch 10 gauge & 12 gauge for ducks, geese, Ptarmigan and bear protection. I had a 22 rifle for rabbits. Without these guns I would not have been able to provide food for my family.  

https://i.servimg.com/u/f35/17/74/87/76/11728810.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f35/17/74/87/76/11741010.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f35/17/74/87/76/54369511.jpg

The gun in the first photo is far more accurate than any AR-15 or AK-47 ever could be. This is the real reason why I think there is no need for an assult rifle. There are far better choices for the need.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:55 pm

After I turned in some Latin Kings and Bloods for selling Meth to children under 14 years old I was told by the police I should get a CPL and a gun as they said they were going to kill me. So I bought these for my daily carry.
I lived for 7 years with them 2 doors down and the other accross the street and the constant threat of death. This is/was one of the reasons I moved to Mexico.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f35/17/74/87/76/62174810.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:08 pm

[quote="Lady Otter Latté"]I find your fantasying about my family life and creating a whole new persona for me a bit creepy. It is embarrassing for you just how far off the mark you are. Hope you are better with handling guns than you are with psychoanalyzing total strangers.[/quote]

Fantasizing about you? Please don't give yourself so much credit. You make assumptions on me not knowing how to be a responsible gun owner when in fact I do know enough to vacuum pack my more expensive rounds for freshness. Something every responsible gun owner knows they should do!

https://i.servimg.com/u/f35/17/74/87/76/27207910.jpg

Last edited by Me&BearDog on Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:08 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:Gringal, because the constitution says we can.

Also I shoot rattlesnakes, copperheads, water moccisans. Wild javilina, deer... I personally like my food source to come from my land.

There is some debate about the Second Amendment's meaning as it pertains to persons outside a "well regulated militia" but that "because we can" doesn't answer my question.  You actually have a good reason if you're eating what you shoot or getting rid of snakes and such!
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:13 pm

Me&, I wish you spent as much time on reading comprehension and critical thinking as you do on guns.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:18 pm

[quote="Lady Otter Latté"]Me&, I wish you spent as much time on reading comprehension and critical thinking as you do on guns. [/quote]

Please do point out and inform me of my misunderstanding so I might make better choices next time.

I'll kindly ask you to please understand this, just because you "Know a guy that has a CCP or CPL" does not make you an expert over a man who actually "has" a CPL and has taken classes and tests (and passed) on Federal gun laws, retired from the Army and has owned guns legally for over 42 years.

We both might be happier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:45 pm

I never said I was an expert on anything. I said I knew more than you presumed. There's that reading comprehension thing again.
And, I am finished.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:32 pm

[quote="Lady Otter Latté"]I never said I was an expert on anything. I said I knew more than you presumed. There's that reading comprehension thing again.
And, I am finished. [/quote]

But see Lady I presumed nothing everything I spoke was from living it and first hand knowledge and not by knowing a guy as you so stated!  Please do show yourself to the door because your ignorant comments are not needed here. Please move on to your usual tirade and rants on another topic. Your not much more than a very angry person that doesn't do much but try to impose your anger on another person. I really don't need to have people like you polluting my world.

By what I see you know nothing and just glean what you "think" you know by "knowing a guy."  Sorry but even with my supposed lack of comprehension I still was able to expose your utter ignorance on this topic!

Boo By!   razberry LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:58 pm

First, every state has different regulations - too many are extremely lax. Thanks NRA.  
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concealed_carry_in_the_United_States

Anyone who has lived in the backcountry, as I have, knows how inept hunters (think men with guns and beer) too-often are. They aren't concealing the weapon - just shooting at anything that moves. Training? practice? NOT

Second, according to recent polls, 55% of Americans support tougher gun laws. "92% saying they wanted expanded background checks, 87% supporting a ban for felons or people with mental health problems and 85% saying they would ban people on federal watchlists from buying guns. Among Republicans, that number is even higher -- 90% say they favor preventing people on the terror watch list or "no fly" list from buying a gun. That number is at 85% for Democrats."
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/20/politics/cnn-gun-poll/

Regarding an assault weapons ban: "According to a new CBS News poll conducted in the days following the shooting, 57 percent of Americans now say they support a nationwide ban on assault weapons."
assault weapons ban

I have no problem with competent hunters or sportsmen but not anything close to everyone needs, or should be allowed, a gun.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:26 pm

All pretty much moot since we live here!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:35 pm

[quote="Flamingo"]First, every state has different regulations - too many are extremely lax. Thanks NRA.  
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concealed_carry_in_the_United_States

Anyone who has lived in the backcountry, as I have, knows how inept hunters (think men with guns and beer) too-often are. They aren't concealing the weapon - just shooting at anything that moves. Training? practice? NOT

Second, according to recent polls, 55% of Americans support tougher gun laws. "92% saying they wanted expanded background checks, 87% supporting a ban for felons or people with mental health problems and 85% saying they would ban people on federal watchlists from buying guns. Among Republicans, that number is even higher -- 90% say they favor preventing people on the terror watch list or "no fly" list from buying a gun. That number is at 85% for Democrats."
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/20/politics/cnn-gun-poll/

Regarding an assault weapons ban: "According to a new CBS News poll conducted in the days following the shooting, 57 percent of Americans now say they support a nationwide ban on assault weapons."
[url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/06/15/something-might-be-changing-after-orlando-americans-suddenly-want-to-ban-assault-weapons/]assault weapons ban[/url]

I have no problem with competent hunters or sportsmen but not anything close to everyone needs, or should be allowed, a gun.[/quote]

I agree with 100% of everything you said save the generalization of hunters. I too have lived in the back country "The last Frontier" ... Alaska on a homestead 14 years. I've also owned and lived in a cabin 150 miles South of the Arctic Circle. I can say that I have seen idiots with guns up there also. But for the most of the people that I lived with or called friends we all needed and used our guns to hunt and to stay alive. But we are not the people to fear with guns it's the idiots in the cities that have illegal guns to continue their drug trade and to impose their will on others. Sort of like some of the people on this board try to do.... J/S  Otter

There is a problem with gun violence in the U.S. but it's not perpetrated by legal law abiding gun owners. Some people would punish the many for the stupidity of the very, very few. I would love to see some gun hating person try to make it up there 6 months without a gun. How about it Lady Otter?  here was one such nut https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Treadwell he got eaten by a bear.
Generalizations and blanket statements are often wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:48 pm

Repetitious and boring. We live in Mexico, let's talk about Mexico!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:51 pm

[quote="David"]Repetitious and boring.  We live in Mexico, let's talk about Mexico![/quote]
Sure start another thread and we'll meet yah there. In this thread we are talking about guns, gun laws and the need of such in the U.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:58 pm

GunFondler wrote: I would love to see some gun hating person try to make it up there 6 months without a gun. How about it Lady Otter?  

I lived in the Yukon for 4 years and never touched a gun. I had a wonderful time. What is it with you self-aggrandizing violence fetishists?

ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next