INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Success getting Mexican plates for Canadian car

+14
Gamina
Zedinmexico
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
DaveP
Carry Bean
slainte39
gringal
sparks
Bajabrady
gpbasap
Trailrunner
viajero
JayBear
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Success getting Mexican plates for Canadian car - Page 3 Empty Re: Success getting Mexican plates for Canadian car

Post by viajero Sat May 28, 2016 12:51 pm

Playaboy wrote:Who do you think this scam ad targets?

http://yucatan.craigslist.com.mx/cto/5606149956.html?lang=en&cc=us
500 USD?
That's a hell of a good price,I think I'll look into it.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Success getting Mexican plates for Canadian car - Page 3 Empty Re: Success getting Mexican plates for Canadian car

Post by gringal Sat May 28, 2016 2:34 pm

viajero wrote:
Playaboy wrote:Who do you think this scam ad targets?

http://yucatan.craigslist.com.mx/cto/5606149956.html?lang=en&cc=us
500 USD?
That's a hell of a good price,I think I'll look into it.

SUCH A DEAL!!!! pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Mon May 30, 2016 2:33 pm

Do you get one of those 'red mosquito coil' looking things too???
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:55 am

CB has it right. After rereading both strings on both boards get a Mexican plated car.  Its not hard to buy and register and pay your taxes  or do your smog test or buy insurance. Better to fit in with Jalisco plates is still my opinion.  You will find that with a little help from folks who have done it before you can do everything yourself after the first time.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfredo G Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:28 pm

I have one of these “Mexico Plates” on my Sport bike.  I brought the bike into Mexico from US,  8 years ago.  I got the Mexico plates last year.
In the last 8 year I must have been stopped more than 30 times for what the officers perceived as speeding Very Happy
I have NEVER gotten a ticket or given a peso of mordida to any of the officers.   Perhaps, it is because I am not Mexican, Canadian or American,,,,,,or because I am willing to shoot the breeze with them for 30 minutes when they stop me.  

I think the absolute sensible thing is to buy your vehicle in Mexico with legit Mexican plates.  After all, can you imagine a foreigner in Canada or USA.  Driving a Mexican plated car?  Well maybe if you have a Donald Trump poster on your windshield the Mexican plate would be OK (lol)  

IMHO, Jalisco plates are option for cars that are worth something,,,and Mexico plates are for the ones you don't give a crap about and are willing to pay only 500 bucks.  If they impound you 1992 Honda, then let them keep it.   If insurance is what you worry about, get liability only.

Alfredo G

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3