INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F Y I ----- Sinus Med. Issues at the Puerto Vallarta Airport .....

+7
gringal
FriscoKid
Vandre
Trailrunner
Zedinmexico
David
DolceVita
11 posters

Go down

F Y I  -----   Sinus Med. Issues at the Puerto Vallarta Airport ..... Empty F Y I ----- Sinus Med. Issues at the Puerto Vallarta Airport .....

Post by DolceVita Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:43 pm

could happen to many of us including moi.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/03/16/cold-pills-lead-to-chicago-man-getting-detained-by-mexican-authorities/

And a 2nd ordeal:  

https://ksl.com/?sid=39206496&nid=148

DolceVita

Back to top Go down

F Y I  -----   Sinus Med. Issues at the Puerto Vallarta Airport ..... Empty Re: F Y I ----- Sinus Med. Issues at the Puerto Vallarta Airport .....

Post by David Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:17 am

Shakedown. Surprising in such a popular tourist destination.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

F Y I  -----   Sinus Med. Issues at the Puerto Vallarta Airport ..... Empty Re: F Y I ----- Sinus Med. Issues at the Puerto Vallarta Airport .....

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:19 pm

While it may appear to be a shakedown the law is quite clear.  Sudafed in the version they had is not legal in Mexico because it can be used to make meth(speed). Same thing in Oregon. Yes its not right but its legal.  Lets tell the whole story. Don't bring illegal drugs to mexico.  Some of you won't like this I know. I am not trying to be a smartass but ignorance is no excuse right? Both sides are wrong in this instance. Many versions of Sudafed don't contain the offending drug. I do check my drugs I carry when I travel internationally. So all the drugs we get without a script in Mexico might not be legal in other countries could be an issue for us also in the USA/Canada. I take flowmax like many males over 50 but I get a script for it and carry the script when I leave Mexico.So a good argument is how are we suppose to know this????   Well we are and it doesn't matter. Life is not fair.

Watch what you take across border and I know this is not right but it is legal. The same thing could happen to us going north to Canada or USA. Yes I am paranoid and I know it but I dont' get arrested!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:48 pm

Zed/s right. The illegal ingredient is pseudoephedrine which is a decongestant. Mexico has banned it and made it illegal to posses. Sad, because it works well for sinus congestion.

The really ironic part of all this is . . . wait for it. . .the cartels import it by the container ship load from China and it arrives in Manzanillo where it is picked up and distributed to their meth manufacturers.

Viva Mexico!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandre Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:14 pm

I watch "Border Security" on Shaw sometimes, when there's nothing else on.  Those people who appear to have imported something not allowed or not declared, are either given a choice of  paying duty, leaving it in the trash bin or accepting refusal of entry & returning to their point of origin.  The only people I have seen taken away in handcuffs are those with outstanding warrants or false documents.  I have never seen where someone innocently brings in something that may be illegal in the arrival country that was legal in the departing country, taken away to jail for hours and or days and fined an exhorbitant amount before being freed.

There's not a box to check on entry to MX, asking what medications you are bringing in (including all over-the-counters).  As far as checking before you leave home; imagine the hours required to check every ingredient in every bottle or tube.  I'd change my plans & go someplace else.  Since it seems like such a big deal here to have 6 capsules of potential meth ingredients, you would think they would have a box to check.  (forget about the container ships from China with tons of ingredients)  You would then have a chance to declare and have the option of tossing AND if not declared & caught, then will be fined and/or refused entry.

Vandre
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandre Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:15 pm

TR: Was composing while you were posting

Vandre
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:58 am

Yes it would be a pain in the butt to check all your drugs but it would be worse to go and end up dealing with police. However a solution is at hand. Even if you don't need scripts here a doctor will give you one for travel purpose. Not sure if we can anymore but you could get real sudafed in Oregon with a doctors script. TR is right it was a very good over the counter drug. The new legal sudafed doesn't work for me very well. Border Security is hardly a show that I would take seriously as a documentary. Do folks really expect them to show the cops being Jerks like these cops in Mexico?

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoKid Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:21 am

I am bringing back a sinus medication called Mucinex DM, I have checked the ingredients and it doesn't have the one listed for Sudafed. Are there any other over the counter medicines such as Mucinex that I need to be wary of??

FriscoKid

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:41 am

It may be that ignorance of the law is no excuse, but let's be real here:  having a pack of pills that you can buy over the counter in a U.S. drug store?  How is the person supposed to know that's not legal in Mexico?  It's a scam, pure and simple, to relieve people of their money.  Obviously, it hurts the tourist business when those stories get around.

I used to use Sudafed in the foggy CA coastal climate that promotes sinus stuffiness.  Looked around here for something that works OTC and so far, the best bet has been Agrifen, widely available on the shelves of Walmart.
Like everything else, not recommended to be used on a daily basis, but good to have when you need it.
Besides, they won't throw you in jail for having it.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:14 am

Aren't the candy Kindle Eggs illegal in the US yet readily available in Canada and Mexico? They will confiscate those at the border ( or at least they used to).
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:29 am

Garbage Patch kids playing cards are illegal in Mexico. Know before you go and check the list of illegal items and have a doctors scripts for any and all meds.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:33 am

Intercasa wrote:Garbage Patch kids playing cards are illegal in Mexico.  Know before you go and check the list of illegal items and have a doctors scripts for any and all meds.

The strange thing going here is that you don't need a doctor's script for Sudafed in the States. It's OTC.

Clearly, it is a good idea to get a list of illegal things before packing. Garbage Patch kids playing cards??? Why?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:12 am

I have bought over the counter meds in Mexico that needed a script in the USA and had CBP take them away from me.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:10 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Aren't the candy Kindle Eggs illegal in the US yet readily available in Canada and Mexico? They will confiscate those at the border ( or at least they used to).

The Kinder eggs are illigal in US as they break the law regarding small parts choking hazard for children and yes they will take them most time even out of a kids hands sometimes.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:14 pm

gringal wrote:
Intercasa wrote:Garbage Patch kids playing cards are illegal in Mexico.  Know before you go and check the list of illegal items and have a doctors scripts for any and all meds.

The strange thing going here is that you don't need a doctor's script for Sudafed in the States.  It's OTC.

It varies state by state in Oregon you need a script for the version we are talking about. In another state you can buy the same off the shelf. Stuff over the counter labelled Sudafed in Oregon is very different from version we are talking about. So once again its back to the standard "it depends" comments.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:02 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Aren't the candy Kindle Eggs illegal in the US yet readily available in Canada and Mexico? They will confiscate those at the border ( or at least they used to).

The Kinder eggs are illigal in US as they break the law regarding small parts choking hazard for children and yes they will take them most time even out of a kids hands sometimes.

Jaja.......yet one can buy an AK47 there.....I will never figure out the US.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:18 pm

Me either.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:01 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
It varies state by state in Oregon you need a script for the version we are talking about. In another state you can buy the same off the shelf. Stuff over the counter labelled Sudafed in Oregon is very different from version we are talking about. So once again its back to the standard "it depends" comments.  

Z
So now I can buy pot without a prescription but if I want Sudafed or secobarbital (Oregon's preferred assisted suicide drug) I'll need a Dr's prescription. What a country!
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:04 pm

It's not altogether bad that pseudoephedrine gets taken off the shelves, it causes tachycardia. Not everybody's heart can take sustained 110/130 beats a minute for 3 or 4 hours.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down