INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FYI - change in Bancomer's "Preferente" account status

Go down

FYI - change in Bancomer's "Preferente" account status Empty FYI - change in Bancomer's "Preferente" account status

Post by holdrja Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:25 pm

When I opened my bank account at Bancomer, I was told that it was a Preferred / Preferente account, and that I should go stand on the Preferente line when I needed a teller.

Last week, the teller told me that I wasn't Preferente any longer, the rules have changed and you need a special hologram on your debit card to indicate Preferente status.

This morning I talked to a customer service person at the Chapala branch of Bancomer. He told me that he couldn't issue these holograms right now, that the rules for Preferente were determined by the computer and depended on many different things - investments, balance amounts etc. He also said, that it used to be that all foreigners were automatically given Preferente status, but that Bancomer has decided to change that. At a minimum, it seems that to be Preferente you must maintain a minimum average balance of 100,000 pesos. He told me to come back in a couple of months to see if I could get that hologram....
holdrja
holdrja
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rdplakechapala.com/

Back to top Go down