INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Name-Naturalization Process Hiccup?

4 posters

Go down

My Name-Naturalization Process Hiccup?  Empty My Name-Naturalization Process Hiccup?

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:15 pm

I think this is ridiculous so I want to know what the married women are doing with their names when they apply to naturalize because I know there's quite a few of them here and can't imagine they'd have this issue with their legal married names. Why do women's names in Mexico make me dizzy?

How are married women getting approval for naturalization when it comes down to their last names and their maiden name? I seriously think my husband spoke to 3 dopes this morning in the office in Guadalajara. They told him that I could not become a Mexican until I had my US passport changed with my maiden name on it. Or I got a document from the US permanently added to my US passport stating that I've also been known by my maiden name. Have it officially attached to my US passport and then have my Permanente Card changed adding my maiden name! It's not making any sense what so ever. They want all the names to match on my documents.

We're thinking of turning in my paperwork the way it is and seeing what D.F. has to say about it.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

My Name-Naturalization Process Hiccup?  Empty Re: My Name-Naturalization Process Hiccup?

Post by Intercasa Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:50 pm

Damn shame no attorneys have been able to help you.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

My Name-Naturalization Process Hiccup?  Empty Re: My Name-Naturalization Process Hiccup?

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:01 pm

hehe you're getting a call soon. Maybe not to straighten out my name but for something else.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:15 am

The folks at the consulate told you correctly. Your names must match on everything. Mexico does not recognize our naming system with changed surnames after marriage for women and middle names that make no familial sense at all. Their system is perfectly logical and if you wish to become a citizen you will have to accept their requirements; which will prove that your “alias or AKA“ are legally accepted in the USA. Having your passport and INM documents conform will accomplish that. Others have gone through that process and, though inconvenient and expensive, they have achieved naturalization. To resist is futile.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:41 am

"To resist is futile."
RV you are incorrect, you can pay an attorney and get the name you want if that is so important. Frankly the best way is the Mexican way, you can get divorced and then have a name that is not yours, you will not change your maiden name..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:19 am

What did your wife have to do to get her name straightened out? How long did that process take?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:24 am

I meant that it would be futile to resist going through the process to get the documents acceptable to SRE.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:05 pm

No it is not futile I have done some of it and I know people who fought them all the way and got their way but that requires way more effort I was willing to put in without knowing the end results.

Maybe they should apply the same thing to the foreigners they did to the indigenous under President B Juarez.
It was decided that all indigenous had to have last names, the zapotecs had no last names, the Huichold were given their name and last name by their godmother, everyone had a different system so the government made up 2 lists a 25centavos list of names with all the very comon names like López, Gómez, Pérez etc.. and a peso list wil the name of famous people including Gutenberg and people had to register under a name and pay the fee. These names had nothing to do with their original names and that was the end of it.
This story was told to me by a Zapoteco lawyer , I do not know if it is correct but that was a explantion why there are so many similar names in the indigenous villages when people ar not related..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down