INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I need a license plate (and/or to register) a quad wheeler?

+5
slainte39
martygraw
RVGRINGO
Lady Otter Latté
Clueless
9 posters

Go down

Do I need a license plate (and/or to register) a quad wheeler? Empty Do I need a license plate (and/or to register) a quad wheeler?

Post by Clueless Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:58 am

I see these things all over Chapala/Ajijic and don't know if they have to be registered and get a license plate. Do I need/Can I get insurance?

Anyone know for sure?

I see them on Mercado Libra with free delivery and the prices seem very reasonable for a Honda, Yamaha, etc. I don't want one of these cheap plastic "Italika" or some such name.

Thanks.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Do I need a license plate (and/or to register) a quad wheeler? Empty Re: Do I need a license plate (and/or to register) a quad wheeler?

Post by CanuckBob Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:08 am

You need a plate if you are driving it on the street. As far as insurance goes, some say yes, others say no. Do a search, we already had this same discussion when you asked last time. No?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Do I need a license plate (and/or to register) a quad wheeler? Empty Re: Do I need a license plate (and/or to register) a quad wheeler?

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:17 am

CanuckBob wrote:You need a plate if you are driving it on the street. As far as insurance goes, some say yes, others say no. Do a search, we already had this same discussion when you asked last time. No?

And, it was not all that long ago he asked the same question. Even I remember that and my memory is not all that great.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:22 am

I have to admit (and apologize for) a very poor memory. I'll work on the search function more.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:31 am

Clueless wrote:I have to admit (and apologize for) a very poor memory. I'll work on the search function more.

You have said that before too, Clueless, but I guess you don't remember that either.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:58 pm

An insurance agent would be the one to ask......

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:04 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:
Clueless wrote:I have to admit (and apologize for) a very poor memory. I'll work on the search function more.

You have said that before too, Clueless, but I guess you don't remember that either.

You're right. As we grow older, things deteriorate; sight, hearing, memory, physical abilities. It's easy to be critical or poke fun when it's not you. Consider this old saying:

"Don't find fault with any person until you have walked a mile in their shoes."

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:37 pm

Clueless....I don't think that you could walk a mile in anyone's shoes.......you would get lost
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:49 pm

Clueless, I am older than you are and have a faulty memory. The difference Is I do not use it (and other physical problems) as a ploy to gain sympathy and troll well-meaning people into playing games with me.
There are still a few people lakeside who have not met you nor experienced what trying to befriend you results in. But, do not expect the rest of us to pretend they have not (sometimes) painfully learned who and what you are.
Now, carry on. I will leave you to your games for now.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:38 pm

Maybe he should have his license to operate a computer lifted.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:56 am

martygraw wrote:Clueless....I don't think that you could walk a mile in anyone's shoes.......you would get lost

I'm glad I can not only get answers here, and sometimes even contribute, but I also let people vent/spew their negative qualities/sarcasm.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:15 am

You are very lucky, indeed, Clueless. You not only get answers here, you get the same answers to the same questions over and over. You are now in your second decade of living here, so hopefully you will soon figure out how to shop, drive and generally get around.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Perritonegro Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:31 am

YES to the license. Never felt insurance was needed - until my Rhino was stolen.

Perritonegro

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:05 am

I would be more worried about liability insurance if I were driving it on the street. Running someone over could be big trouble without it.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Perritonegro Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:23 pm

Well, the way I figure it is the atv is light weight and I am in control. If someone hits me too bad. But having a 17 usd unit taken from your garage and subsequent police reports is more than a pain in the ass. Running someone over - if you're that incompetent a rider you deserve what you get. And PS - riding with a helmet is dorky!

Perritonegro

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:25 pm

In an accident without insurance; good insurance, you go straight to jail and the vehicle to impound, where it racks up fees while you sit until you pay up, and up, and up..........

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:55 pm

Perritonegro wrote:- until my Rhino was stolen.
I saw it at the first restaurant on the east end of Piedra Barrenada. It was white, wasn't it?   lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Perritonegro Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:19 pm

No it was red. Had a dark green one here. The red rhino was at the beach in Colima. The green one was a little 450 Kawazaki which, coming from a strong motorcycle background, I rode it like I stole it, ridiculously fast. Sold it when I just got too ancient to ride it.

RV a 4 wheeler is like a bicycle, chances of finding a winning lottery ticket would be better than doing damage to anyone in an accident. But you're right, if you can't do the time etc.. It all comes down to experience and ability.

Perritonegro

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:55 pm

Until a little kid runs out between parked cars. Your ability will be worthless and you will wish you had liability insurance.......just sayin.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:54 pm

What an attitude! Maybe a Mexican jail would be good therapy.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:34 pm

Perritonegro wrote:riding with a helmet is dorky!
Maybe you have done this too many times. Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Perritonegro Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:49 pm

Zenwoodle, you are absolutely correct.

Since an ATV has instructions 'NOT TO DRIVE ON PAVEMENT' - this on a sticker attached to the vehicle, found in the owners manual insurance would most probably NOT be covered on the street. You may get coverage for hitting a parked vehicle but any coverage I know of found in the US pretty much specifies 'off road' only. If you ride sensibly, stay in the villiage and off the carretera you should be fine. Sure beats the hell out of a golf cart.

Perritonegro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:34 am

I think the law (specifically to motorcycles) states that anything with an engine over 125cc (if I remember correctly, if not it is 150cc or something similar) must have insurance. The problem is that most Mexicans with motorcycles do not think they are required to drive safely. Thus, it is very difficult to get an insurance company to sell insurance for a motorcycle here. An ATV is somewhere in between, and I do not recall the law stating anything specific about them. I would say if you are under 125cc (which I doubt), you are okay. But over 125cc, you would need it regardless of the vehicle classification. You need to ask insurance companies if they would sell you insurance.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down