INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PV versus Lakeside

+11
gringal
Playaboy
CanuckBob
sampati
cypress
Rosa Venus
Zedinmexico
slainte39
David
zenwoodle
gringo_pv
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PV versus Lakeside Empty PV versus Lakeside

Post by gringo_pv Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:04 pm

I've lived in Vallarta for 6 years, but the summers are finally getting to me. I've spent some time around the Lake in years past, but would like to hear from anyone who may have made the move, from the coast, to Lakeside. For the record, I'm a retired, single 66 yr. old American....male.

We are currently at the 90F, feels like 108F, while Lakeside, today was 82, feels like 82!!! Big difference.

Thanks in advance.

gringo_pv

Back to top Go down

PV versus Lakeside Empty Re: PV versus Lakeside

Post by zenwoodle Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:34 pm

Talk to Perry. he lived in Buscerias for many years.
You may have to wait until he returns from Thailand. Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:52 pm

There are several folks here who made that move, all because of the weather.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:00 pm

David wrote:There are several folks here who made that move, all because of the weather.

Gee, I thought it was because of Perry leaving Bucerias, he's the Pied Piper of the pizza crowd.   lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:12 pm

Many folks move from ocean life to here and enjoy life here. Its different but I wouldn't live any other place year round in Mexico.

Its the weather.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:25 pm

I have a friend who just made the move from here to PV about 4 months ago. Being a younger, single guy he was looking for a younger crowd and better night life. He has been whining about the heat there though.......jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:00 pm

The two places are so different. SO different. If you like everything about PV (except the summer weather) then you're better off staying there and just escaping that location to another one for a handful of months per year.

There are ways to do it without relocating and giving up Puerto Vallarta if you like it otherwise. I understand entirely. I have a friend with a great house in San Pancho and visit her regularly, but it's entirely off limits for me between mid-June and October. I can't deal with humidity and heat. Just can't. It sucks. Good luck.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:16 am

I had a house there for 13 years. 8 months of the year the weather was unbearable. For me the climate Lakeside is so refreshing and much more live able. Better shopping and nightlife at PV if you are into that.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sampati Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:06 am

I have lived in both PV and Ajijic. The winters in Ajijic were way to cold for me and the summers in PV are definitely unbearable, but I would not trade PV for Ajijic just for the weather. I remember wearing sweatsuits and socks to bed during the Ajijic Winters and huddling next to our propane indoor heater to keep warm. What we should have done is to live in PV but rent in Ajijic for the summer months, that would have been the perfect solution to the weather problem. We are now living in South Florida and have the same summers as PV but the Winters are glorious. No place is perfect all of the time, good luck in escaping the PV summer heat. Just my 2 cents worth.
sampati
sampati
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:21 am

Obviously you enjoy high humidity too. I can't stand it so would never live on the coast or in Florida. To each his own. We've never been cold in Ajijic, been here 10 years, but we come from a much colder climate.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:47 am

I have also found, at least for the last two years, that December and January were colder than we bargained for. So much so that we have rented a beach house in Chacala for this upcoming December and January.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:56 am

I lived 10 years in Playa del Carmen. It has the same kind of weather as PV. I moved to Lakeside for 2 years, got bored there and moved back to the beach. I have AC, cenotes, pool and the Carribean to cool off in when it get too hot.

There is more to life than the weather.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:36 am

Playaboy wrote:I lived 10 years in Playa del Carmen.  It has the same kind of weather as PV.  I moved to Lakeside for 2 years, got bored there and moved back to the beach.  I have AC, cenotes, pool and the Carribean to cool off in when it get too hot.  

There is more to life than the weather.

Yes, there is. And that part is all about one's idea of a "good time". Definitely different strokes.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:56 pm

Gringal, please don't take what I wrote personally.  I am just trying to give my view to the OP.

I think Lakeside is a great place.  Plenty of like minded people of the same generation, plenty of opportunities for helping social causes,  decent restaurants, LCS, medical, closeness to GDL and the WEATHER, WEATHER, AND THE WEATHER (which is hard to beat anywhere in the world).  It is easy for the new immigrants to live there and assimilate into a new and different culture.

I see the attraction Lakeside has on people.

Personally the scuba diving in Lake Chapala doesn't quite measure up to the diving along the Riviera Maya. Very Happy Very Happy

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:52 pm

I am convinced there are ocean people and mountain people. I can sit on a beach for maybe an hour and am bored and dislike the smells and hate the humidity and am ready to leave. On the other hand, I can look at mountains, and walk in mountains and just live near mountains and be a very happy camper. It is important to know yourself.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:31 pm

Playaboy wrote:Gringal, please don't take what I wrote personally.  I am just trying to give my view to the OP.

I think Lakeside is a great place.  Plenty of like minded people of the same generation, plenty of opportunities for helping social causes,  decent restaurants, LCS, medical, closeness to GDL and the WEATHER, WEATHER, AND THE WEATHER (which is hard to beat anywhere in the world).  It is easy for the new immigrants to live there and assimilate into a new and different culture.

I see the attraction Lakeside has on people.

Personally the scuba diving in Lake Chapala doesn't quite measure up to the diving along the Riviera Maya. Very Happy Very Happy

Playaboy, I didn't take it personally since I don't fit the profile of the "normal" lakeside resident.  No LCS, no hanging out with my age group, no concern about medical, and the restaurants are, indeed, "decent" but I'm from the S.F. bay area and know better.  Yes, the weather is nice, and for those who came from the miserable parts of the U.S. and Canada, it's probably a big deal.  I actually prefer the weather around San Francisco and the Monterey Bay.

I meant nothing negative about you and whatever you consider a "good time", which is probably not available in Lakeside.
I know people probably can't help making assumptions about an area and it's population.......but it never applies to everyone.
Carry on and enjoy your life by the beach.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mapleleaf Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:24 am

Gringal, I'm curious. What is it about Lakeside that keeps you there if it's not the more typical reasons you listed?
mapleleaf
mapleleaf
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:45 am

In my perfect world, I would own a place both here and on the beach so I could go back and forth whenever I wanted. Maybe one day........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by helohfe Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:17 am

EXACTLY Canuck Bob..That is why we have spent our summers in Ajijic/Chapala for the past 28 years. We call ourselves "sweat birds". The winter, early spring and late fall are great at our beach home in Fla. The summers there are unbearable due to the heat and HUMIDITY...makes my butt sweat just writing about it..

helohfe
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:20 am

The winter in Ajijic is perfect for us PNW people but I could see how someone from S.Cali or Arizona would find it cold. Gringal does like it cold thats why she has a split air con in her house and uses it. I like the three seasons here. I admit I have three gas heaters in my house so I don't have to move them. I burned 60 liters (15 gallons) of propane last winter which was a cold one. We also burned 1/2 cord of wood mostly for my Pyro wife LOL. I love the beach but don't think I could live in that climate for more than 8 months of the year. Lakeside I can live at year round. Cooling for me is not a problem but I played in deserts quite a bit in my life.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:41 am

Hey I come from more PNW than you and find it too cold here in December/January so you can't speak for all of us........jajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:53 am

mapleleaf wrote:Gringal, I'm curious. What is it about Lakeside that keeps you there if it's not the more typical reasons you listed?
Would you like to broadcast your personal story to all of us?  I think not.  Neither do I.  You may note that neither do most of the other posters.  This is a public forum. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:08 pm

gringal wrote:
mapleleaf wrote:Gringal, I'm curious. What is it about Lakeside that keeps you there if it's not the more typical reasons you listed?
Would you like to broadcast your personal story to all of us?  I think not.  Neither do I.  You may note that neither do most of the other posters.  This is a public forum. Rolling Eyes

That sure opens the door to assumption and speculation.   lol! lol!

Can't you at least say..."our car just ran out of gas here".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:17 pm

slainte39 wrote:
gringal wrote:

Good point, Sainte: Okay: I'm on the "wanted" list, so I'm on the lam and my car ran out of gas here. That work? pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:23 pm

gringal wrote:
slainte39 wrote:
gringal wrote:

Good point, Sainte:  Okay:  I'm on the "wanted" list, so I'm on the lam and my car ran out of gas here.  That work? pirat
?Recompensa?......otherwise can't be bothered.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next