INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CURP--prerequisite for INIPAM. Where? How?

4 posters

Go down

CURP--prerequisite for INIPAM. Where? How? Empty CURP--prerequisite for INIPAM. Where? How?

Post by tombo Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:00 pm

My wife and I each need a CURP number in order to get an INIPAM--senior discount--card. Searching this webboard I cannot find a definitive and current answer to my topic title.

We have our just issued temporary resident cards, and there is no CURP on them and I've gone to the suggested Mexican government website and searched for a CURP. We do not have a number.

Is there a place in Ajijic to get a CURP (as an undated search result suggests)? If not, can we get a CURP card and/or number at the INM--immigration--office on Hidago in Chapala?

What do we need to bring to get a CURP?

Thanks, as always for your help.
tombo
tombo

Back to top Go down

CURP--prerequisite for INIPAM. Where? How? Empty Re: CURP--prerequisite for INIPAM. Where? How?

Post by borderreiver Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:09 pm

Circa 2015 I don't know the procedure. In 2011 you needed a CURP in order to get a SIM card for your phone. I was on a tourist/180 visa. The lady at the phone place told me to take my passport, plane tickets, and rental receipt to the Ajijic cop shop and talk to this "liason" lady. Her office was/is through the doors and to the left close buy. Memory fades a bit. This very nice lady with pretty good english got her done. There was an implied donation of 100p. Picked up my CURP the next day. Super glad I have it now. You might want to give it a shot. Be nicey, nicey and have some "readies" in the back pocket. Just a thought.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

CURP--prerequisite for INIPAM. Where? How? Empty Re: CURP--prerequisite for INIPAM. Where? How?

Post by sparks Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:14 am

Look at you Visa.  Mine has my CURP #

Go here and print the result .... then laminate it
http://consultas.curp.gob.mx/CurpSP/
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by tombo Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:33 pm

Just as my hot-off-the-press Temporary Resident card has no CURP, neither does my recently issued Visa. So it looks like it might be, Sparks, another case of the Good Old Days.

Last edited by tombo on Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
tombo
tombo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:36 pm

borderreiver wrote:Circa 2015 I don't know the procedure. In 2011 you needed a CURP in order to get a SIM card for your phone. I was on a tourist/180 visa.  The lady at the phone place told me to take my passport, plane tickets, and rental receipt  to the Ajijic cop shop and talk to this "liason" lady. Her office was/is through the doors and to the left close buy. Memory fades a bit. This very nice lady with pretty good english got her done. There was an implied donation of 100p. Picked up my CURP the next day. Super glad I have it now. You might want to give it a shot. Be nicey, nicey and have some "readies" in the back pocket. Just a thought.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:37 pm

borderreiver wrote:Circa 2015 I don't know the procedure. In 2011 you needed a CURP in order to get a SIM card for your phone. I was on a tourist/180 visa.  The lady at the phone place told me to take my passport, plane tickets, and rental receipt  to the Ajijic cop shop and talk to this "liason" lady. Her office was/is through the doors and to the left close buy. Memory fades a bit. This very nice lady with pretty good english got her done. There was an implied donation of 100p. Picked up my CURP the next day. Super glad I have it now. You might want to give it a shot. Be nicey, nicey and have some "readies" in the back pocket. Just a thought.

as far as i know she has not been there fer a coupla years
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:45 pm

tombo wrote:Just as my hot-off-the-press Temporary Resident card has no CURP, neither does my recently issued Visa. So it looks like it might be, Sparks, another case of the Good Old Days.

On that site there is an option for "I know my CURP" ...... and "I don't know my CURP". Try the latter
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by tombo Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:31 pm

Yep, tried the website, Don't know CURP option--no joy.
tombo
tombo

Back to top Go down

Post by tombo Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:32 pm

On Tuesday we went to INM office on Hidalgo in Chapala. For the CURP we each needed to bring a copy of the picture page of our passport and a copy--front and back--of our Temporary Resident card. Somewhere we read you also need a letter in Spanish, dated, signed and with a simple sentence stating why you need a CURP. We handed that in and it was accepted. Don't know if it was required. Two days later--Thursday--we just got back from our shortest visit yet to INM. We are both now officially CURP'ed.
tombo
tombo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down