INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Large scale fight

+17
Playaboy
gringal
Traveller
Ms.Thang
gvprod
Smartalex
Pedro
gringomojado
Luisa
Semalu
MexicoPete
tictoc
ltollefs
slainte39
diamondtuffy
CanuckBob
Jreboll
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Large scale fight Empty Large scale fight

Post by Jreboll Fri May 22, 2015 4:34 pm

Yahoo news has it that there was a large scale fight with 40 dead occurring on the border between Michoacan and Jalisco. No other details were given. Anyone know where this happened?

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Large scale fight Empty Re: Large scale fight

Post by slainte39 Fri May 22, 2015 4:50 pm

Jreboll wrote:Yahoo news has it that there was a large scale fight with 40 dead occurring on the border between Michoacan and Jalisco. No other details were given. Anyone know where this happened?

I heard it occurred in Tanhuato, which is just east of La Barca on the old road to Yerecuaro.  Thirty seven cartel members were killed as well as two federal police.  It looks like it was payback time for the ambushes in Ocotlan and the Mascota highway over the last several months.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Fri May 22, 2015 4:51 pm

I'm not able to find the report. Are you talking about the one on the 7th?http://news.yahoo.com/15-mexican-police-killed-gang-ambush-official-174401589.html I believe this was in PV.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri May 22, 2015 4:53 pm

No, this just happened this morning.  It is all over the Mexican news....now.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 22, 2015 4:58 pm

The Federales and military have been building forces and planning payback ever since the attacks from the 7th. I think there may be more to come.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by diamondtuffy Fri May 22, 2015 4:59 pm

Here's the Reuters story on it.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/22/us-mexico-violence-idUSKBN0O729M20150522

diamondtuffy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri May 22, 2015 5:05 pm

An update......
The action occurred in Tinaja de Vargas, which is about halfway between Yurecuaro and Zamora just off of cuota no. 15. on a ranch called El Cerrito.
Latest death toll...42 sicarios and one federal police officer.
They had arrested/apprehended 10 individuals in the area yesterday.

edit...there have been 3 injured sicarios and another 8 arrested/ in detention.
The municipio of Tanhuato where this occurred is where the Morena candidate for presidente was assassinated last week

Last edited by slainte39 on Fri May 22, 2015 5:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Fri May 22, 2015 5:20 pm

Thanks for the info. This no where near where I am going.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri May 22, 2015 5:34 pm

CanuckBob wrote:The Federales and military have been building forces and planning payback ever since the attacks from the 7th. I think there may be more to come.

Can you blame them after losing 20 good young men in 2 different ambushes. Already the press is reporting that some feel this was over reaction and revenge motivated.  Hello??

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Fri May 22, 2015 5:53 pm

CanuckBob wrote:The Federales and military have been building forces and planning payback ever since the attacks from the 7th. I think there may be more to come.
IMO if the government wants any chance of succeeding, they have no choice but continue.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Fri May 22, 2015 6:10 pm

tictoc wrote:
IMO if the government wants any chance of succeeding, they have no choice but continue.

I don't know about that. If I saw my domain being threatened, I'd hit back where I could make the most noise and where it would hurt the most for the least cost: tourism. Watch what you wish for.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Fri May 22, 2015 7:21 pm

ltollefs wrote:
tictoc wrote:

I don't know about that. If I saw my domain being threatened, I'd hit back where I could make the most noise and where it would hurt the most for the least cost: tourism. Watch what you wish for.
I completely agree. If I was the cartel that is what I would do. Visav IMO if the government wants to succeed, they will need to push even harder. If they let up, turf wars will take over and eventually one cartel will be back in power and the cycle will continue. The alternative would be do nothing. It's not a wish, just an observation of the past.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Semalu Fri May 22, 2015 9:23 pm

Lots of army on the road into town today too but all was quiet. To play it safe, be alert for another round of retaliation.

All considered, I am amazed how little attention these events are generating world wide. I suppose there just too many countries with the same news or worse?. Here is a case in point that not too many seem to talking about, another massacre in Guerrero. If you add up the missing and the known dead, its another 46....

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/governor-identifies-4-guerrero-hot-spots/

as the hydra's drops are falling......

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri May 22, 2015 11:57 pm

I'm in Seattle, watching the BBC on my DirecTV receiver. I was happily surprised to see good coverage of what was happening. It was rather brief, but good coverage.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Semalu Sat May 23, 2015 12:03 am

Good to hear, txs

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat May 23, 2015 1:08 am

Semalu wrote:

All considered, I am amazed how little attention these events are generating world wide.

I think all the major news networks in the US carried this news today, as well as Reuters and the BBC. 
You've got migrants by the boatload dying in the Mediterranean and Southeast Asia, the aftermath of the terrible earthquake in Nepal, and wars all over the Middle East and Africa, competing for time on the "world news".  I think it was adequately covered for it's place in the scheme of things.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sat May 23, 2015 1:55 am

What's the latest body count? Something like 42 to 1. Sounds like another Tlatlaya.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Semalu Sat May 23, 2015 8:06 am

Yup, we are certainly in living in interesting times....

There was a post on TOB about being shooed off the Ajijic Malecon before the latest massacre, which was located just east of Lake Chapala not too far from La Barca. If the same thing happens to you, consider moving quickly on your way. It would appear they knew something was going down and were taking precautions to protect us. While I am sure the police who did the shooing could have been more diplomatic about things, it may be wise to remember they have a difficult job and may not be in the same holiday mind frame we are all in.
The subject has of course been locked on TOB but look up "unusual interactions with cycle police at the malecon Wed. night"

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Semalu Sat May 23, 2015 8:28 am

Whoops, I just saw the original poster deleted her posts on TOB. I didn't copy it but the poor thing was lambasted by everyone after telling her story (myself included I am sad to say). Essentially she and a friend(s?) were spending an evening on the Ajijic Malecon but were interrupted about 9:30pm by the cycle police telling them it was time to leave. This was the day of the latest massacre. She was understandably upset by their manner and they had to be told 3 times to go. It had obviously not occurred to her the police were just doing their job of protecting her (and perhaps struggling with language issues on top of it, ergo their abruptness?). Since her posts are now deleted I am thinking she has thought better of her original position.

While we could have been kinder to her, the message remains the same. These days, if you are told to move on by the police, it is likely in your best interest to do so. We are not always aware of what they have to deal with as illustrated by this event. I am guessing our local police had orders to prepare for retaliation, which they did. Good job on them and I thank them for it. Stay vigilant everyone.

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat May 23, 2015 9:00 am

i know both cops and only one of them speaks a tiny bit of english but that matters not. the poster ajijic hiker was a self righteous goofball not listening to the police and having to be told 3 times to boot. they shoulda thrown the cuffs on her and taught her a lesson.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Semalu Sat May 23, 2015 9:19 am

Yes, but she apologized, so perhaps forgivable?

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Sat May 23, 2015 9:28 am

Semalu wrote:
While we could have been kinder to her, the message remains the same. These days, if you are told to move on by the police, it is likely in your best interest to do so. We are not always aware of what they have to deal with as illustrated by this event. I am guessing our local police had orders to prepare for retaliation, which they did. Good job on them and I thank them for it. Stay vigilant everyone.

Ajijic Hiker does not seem to have the street smarts needed to live outside of Mayberry.  Police give orders, not requests.

Last edited by Luisa on Sat May 23, 2015 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Semalu Sat May 23, 2015 9:36 am

Luisa wrote:Police give orders, not requests.

Also very true

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat May 23, 2015 11:54 am

Luisa wrote:
Semalu wrote:

Ajijic Hiker does not seem to have the street smarts needed to live outside of Mayberry.  Police give orders, not requests.

.....and trying to get sympathy by posting her experience on a web board.   Rolling Eyes .....unbelievable, even if everyone agreed with her.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Sat May 23, 2015 12:19 pm

43 dead, and we are worrying about some lady's feelings being hurt? Por Favor!

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next