INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATM trouble?

+10
slainte39
lucky
Flamingo
MexiNan
RVGRINGO
sparks
Pedro
Ezzie
David
OldLars
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ATM trouble? - Page 2 Empty Re: ATM trouble?

Post by JayBear Thu May 07, 2015 1:42 pm

BTW, I stopped at the Scotia Bank machine at the corner of the carretera and libramiento this morning and there is indeed something wrong with the slot that takes the card. It sort of grabs the card, and you can pull the card out, but the screen says the transaction cannot be made at this time. So I used the CI bank machine near the movie theater in the Interlago plaza. The lady ahead of me in line had had the same experience at the Scotia machine.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu May 07, 2015 1:55 pm

the scotia machine gives you a choice-chequeing or savings.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Thu May 07, 2015 3:14 pm

JayBear wrote:BTW, I stopped at the Scotia Bank machine at the corner of the carretera and libramiento this morning and there is indeed something wrong with the slot that takes the card. It sort of grabs the card, and you can pull the card out, but the screen says the transaction cannot be made at this time. So I used the CI bank machine near the movie theater in the Interlago plaza. The lady ahead of me in line had had the same experience at the Scotia machine.

About a week ago or so, the Scotiabank machine was under repair (not just refilling money), so I tried to use the CI bank machine. It wouldn't accept my Scotiabank card, even for small amounts. I know that it wasn't my account being the problem, because I have sufficient funds and I called the Scotiabank call centre to see if there was any problem on their end.
Has anyone else had problems using a Scotiabank card at the CI ATM?

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu May 07, 2015 3:18 pm

JayBear wrote:BTW, I stopped at the Scotia Bank machine at the corner of the carretera and libramiento this morning and there is indeed something wrong with the slot that takes the card. It sort of grabs the card, and you can pull the card out, but the screen says the transaction cannot be made at this time. So I used the CI bank machine near the movie theater in the Interlago plaza. The lady ahead of me in line had had the same experience at the Scotia machine.
i used scotia twice in a row today at 11am and had no problem.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Thu May 07, 2015 5:29 pm

I was there about 11:30. You musta messed with it;)

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Thu May 07, 2015 11:14 pm

Re Scotia Bank atms. There are more than you think there are. An online search results in crap - apparently there's one in west Ajijic - NOT. There is one upstairs in Andares Mall by the food court (yeah). There is one in the Mega store (I think) near the Sheraton, ocean side south end of the hotel strip in PV across from the playing field/sports complex. Por favor, if anyone spots more please post. It would be of service to all us happy no fee Scotia card holders.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri May 08, 2015 7:48 am

i already told ya that there is one in pv old town beside an all inclusive where that pier is at the end of the short malecon. they really are all over the country and as i pointed out even in obscure lerdo right on the plaza.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 08, 2015 7:49 am

There are several in PV. I just used one in Marina Vallarta.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri May 08, 2015 8:10 am

there are a total of 2182 scotia atm's in mexico. scotiabank does have a website and even a mexican website separately. that's how i found out 12 years ago that there is an atm in san antonio and we made the decision to switch all our accounts to scotia after i confirmed that with the leduc branch.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Fri May 08, 2015 11:00 am

At the Mega/Costco complex on Av. Lopez Mateo Sur, there is one in the entrance to the bank beneath the Mega grocery store. Last time I looked, it was not on their list either.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri May 08, 2015 12:51 pm

of the big 5 canadian banks ,scotia is the most retail customer friendly and that's how they operate the former inverlat too,at least by having all those atm's.
anybody know which bank has the most atm's in mexico and what the # is?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Fri May 08, 2015 12:54 pm

No, but I was at the Scotia ATM at the carretera and libramiento again today, and there is a sign on the door saying it is out of order. (I refilled at CI Banco in the Interlago plaza instead, again.)

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri May 08, 2015 1:00 pm

good thing i got me loot yesterday then.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Fri May 08, 2015 2:50 pm

JayBear wrote:No, but I was at the Scotia ATM at the carretera and libramiento again today, and there is a sign on the door saying it is out of order. (I refilled at CI Banco in the Interlago plaza instead, again.)

JayBear, have you used your Scotiabank card at the CI Bank ATM very often? As I stated in an earlier post, I tried to withdraw cash from their machine when the Scotiabank ATM was under repair, but it wouldn't process the transaction. There was nothing wrong with my account, because I called my bank as soon as I got back home.

I'm still waiting to hear if anyone else has had any problems using their Scotiabank card at the CI Bank ATM?

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Fri May 08, 2015 4:42 pm

Actually, I have a US Bank of America card, which I use at bank machines here. I have been doing this for 9 years here with no problems, except for the various machines' difficulties.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2