INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell Me Where I Can Find a Forum on Mexico or How to Start One

+4
Intercasa
CanuckBob
Carry Bean
hound dog
8 posters

Go down

Tell Me Where I Can Find a Forum on Mexico or How to Start One Empty Tell Me Where I Can Find a Forum on Mexico or How to Start One

Post by hound dog Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:57 pm

OK!

Time to consider establishing new forums with broad geographical criteria for English speaking constituents.

English language forums concerning certain geographical areas of Mexico are fine but those with which I am acquainted such as the boring and commercially oriented Chapala.Com site sponsored and managed by a Chapala real estate firm whose purpose is clearly pecuniary and managed primarily to sell overpriced houses and the nearly moribund Mexiconnect.Com internet magazine which, while originally a medium with promise, has dissolved into a website of little merit featuring repetitive magazine features of little interest to anyone except the pathetic sponsor of the site who wallows in designating himself the "Webjefe" - a fine designation for someone with no appeal other than that that is self-bestowed.

Therefore, Dawg has decided to start an all-mexico forum dedicated to entertaining readers with witty BS and no regional bias or maybe not.

This took too long in its composition so now I´ve lost interest as this notion sounds like work which I hate.

mariachi
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Where I Can Find a Forum on Mexico or How to Start One Empty Re: Tell Me Where I Can Find a Forum on Mexico or How to Start One

Post by Carry Bean Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:06 pm

yuku.com

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Where I Can Find a Forum on Mexico or How to Start One Empty Re: Tell Me Where I Can Find a Forum on Mexico or How to Start One

Post by CanuckBob Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:50 pm

Mr Dawg, feel free to post anything you want about other areas of Mexico under our "Mexico - General" section. I'm sure many of the members here (myself included) would love to hear your insights about the rest of Mexico. Please include any pictures that you may have.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:06 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Mr Dawg, feel free to post anything you want about other areas of Mexico under our "Mexico - General" section. I'm sure many of the members here (myself included) would love to hear your insights about the rest of Mexico. Please include any pictures that you may have.

OK, Mr. Bob but now I have to figure out how to include pictures or as we used to say in Alabama, "pichurs" or even "mahghtie fahn pichurs" but that requires some aforethought on Dawg´s part as Dawg is, as was Sam Irvin, just a country boy.

Which reminds Dawg of an anecdote:

Auburn boy upon graduation from that there cow college which was known as API (Alabama Polytechnic Institute) when Dawg was a youngster, gits a scholarship to Harvard for his graduate degree and takes the Greyhound up there to check in and is wandering about the campus looking for a way to register without success when he happens upon some Down-Eastern Harvard snot and inquires:

"Scuse me suh, but could you please direct me to where the admissions buildin´ is at?"

To which the Harvard snot replies,

"At Harvard, we do not end a sentence with a preposition."

To which the Auburn hayseed replies,

"Scuse me suh, but could you please direct me to where the admissions buildin´ is at, asshole?
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:13 pm

Another site????? Puleez, there are too many as it is, we all try to post on some, get banned, attacked and then ragged on by the others for not posting on theirs.

I'm assuming site and not a section of this site for ramblings which would be cool, I've often thought it would be cool to post a daily list of all the things i've learned, quite extensive at times and so random but so much good info, like the other night, client called and got busted for DUI in Guad, talked to the cops, had brother in law talk to them (he is legal director of police), guy ended up paying $2000 pesos and drove away buzzed back to Chapala instead of criminal prosecution. Dumb thing to do and hopefully he will learn.

I learn so much interesting / useless shit everyday in Mexico, well depends, some people find it cool, others complain and others don't care. I can't compare with Alabama but I respect your right to vote, especially if you are from Selma!! jejejej
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:38 pm

hound dog wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Mr Dawg, feel free to post anything you want about other areas of Mexico under our "Mexico - General" section. I'm sure many of the members here (myself included) would love to hear your insights about the rest of Mexico. Please include any pictures that you may have.

OK, Mr. Bob but now I have to figure out how to include pictures or as we used to say in Alabama, "pichurs" or even "mahghtie fahn pichurs" but that requires some aforethought on Dawg´s part as Dawg is, as was Sam Irvin, just a country boy

Mr. Dawg suh, If you ever need a picture posted just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you. When we finally get a chance to meet I will show you how.

bhowe@dccnet.com
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:40 pm

Intercasa wrote:Another site????? Puleez, there are too many as it is, we all try to post on some, get banned, attacked and then ragged on by the others for not posting on theirs.

I'm assuming site and not a section of this site for ramblings which would be cool, I've often thought it would be cool to post a daily list of all the things i've learned, quite extensive at times and so random but so much good info, like the other night, client called and got busted for DUI in Guad, talked to the cops, had brother in law talk to them (he is legal director of police), guy ended up paying $2000 pesos and drove away buzzed back to Chapala instead of criminal prosecution. Dumb thing to do and hopefully he will learn.

I learn so much interesting / useless shit everyday in Mexico, well depends, some people find it cool, others complain and others don't care. I can't compare with Alabama but I respect your right to vote, especially if you are from Selma!! jejejej

Ramble away. That's what the "mirador" section is for...........daily ramblings. We could use a little more of that.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:43 pm

Intercasa wrote: I can't compare with Alabama but I respect your right to vote, especially if you are from Selma!! jejejej

A most perceptive observation, Spencer. Dawg had all the qualifications required to qualify for the electorate in Selma circa 1963 when The dawg became of age. Skin of pinkish hue, an accent riminiscent of Scarlet's boyfriend Ashley, a fondness for African-American nannies such as that fat lady who fitted Scarlet into that corset in that infamous movie from 1938 and an unwholesome desire to endlessly swill bourbon whiskey in those times.

When The Dawg went down to the Butler County courthouse in 1963, paid his $2.00 poll tax and passed his literacy test by remembering his name, the principal of the local "colored" high school failed his literacy test that same day because he could not cite the Alabama state constitution verbatim and, to be honest about it, Dawg didn't even know at that time that Alabama had a constitution.

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:56 am

I don't know how I stumbled upon this site at this moment, but I am happy to see the participation of two old friends.

Good luck on the new forum and please keep me advised.

uj
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twisted and Bizarre

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:18 am

It's nice to see you back online, Uncle Jack. How was your winter in MT?
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:50 am

I'm kinda hoping it was over, but it's snowing this morning. Damn it.

uj

Well, it's 1:00 PM and it's still snowing. What's the airfare to Guad these days?

2:00 PM....still snowing....depression is setting in....I just fixed a Tequila and OJ.

Last edited by Uncle Jack on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : update)
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twisted and Bizarre

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:59 am

Hi UJ! Glad to see you join the party!

Kip
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:50 am

Welcome back, Uncle Jack. The gang's all here!

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:52 pm

Uncle Jack wrote:I don't know how I stumbled upon this site at this moment, but I am happy to see the participation of two old friends.

Good luck on the new forum and please keep me advised.

uj

Uncle Jack, old friend, good to hear from you and glad to still count you amongst us. I am not involved in management of the new forum but find your participation refreshing. More input from you would make my day.

Dawg (Bubba)
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Welcome aboard Uncle Jack. I understand you are a local legend around the lake and am very pleased that you decided to join us.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down