INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Those "Campesino Plates"

+13
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
CHILLIN
Playaboy
Intercasa
CanuckBob
Grizzy2
sparks
RVGRINGO
viajero
Pedro
Rosa Venus
gringal
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Those "Campesino Plates" Empty Those "Campesino Plates"

Post by gringal Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:22 pm

I got the ax on TOB for even asking the question, and would really like to know the answer. Not for myself, since I bit the bullet and got legal several years ago. My friend, who is too shy to get into the fray on either here or TOB and is admittedly thin skinned, asked me to find out the answer since she doesn't feel up to going to the border, has been warned to avoid the various "promotions" some have lost money on here and wants to be legal. So:

Are those "campesino" plates being advertized by a person in San Miguel Allende actually legal in Mexico, when obtained by expats who are not "campesinos", just expats not working in any "campesino" capacity?

Are they legal anywhere except San Miguel and Guanajuato state?

Are people under the current general laws in Mexico required to have their car at the border to get it nationalized, or is that program now temporarily suspended until further notice, and what should people do when their time runs out for having a U.S. car here?
Any answers from someone familiar with this would be appreciated.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Those "Campesino Plates" Empty Re: Those "Campesino Plates"

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:30 pm

You're kidding. You got kicked of the other forum for asking those questions?

I too have noticed that the woman referred to never quite seems to answer those questions directly.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:40 pm

i sure would like to know too before my time is up in a few months.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Those "Campesino Plates" Empty legal

Post by gringal Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:51 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:You're kidding. You got kicked of the other forum for asking those questions?

I too have noticed that the woman referred to never quite seems to answer those questions directly.

Read them and see if you think that kind of question should get the boot? Not kicked off altogether. Yet. That may be next, lol. Hey, a first for me, though I do have a warning point now on other matters.

However, both threads on the subject got closed by Moderator 2.

My problem is the same as yours. The woman who promotes and facilitates the program never gives a complete answer, just raises more questions as far as I'm concerned; such as suggesting it's a politically connected group who got it going and therefore it's okay. ???? Why don't we have one everywhere, if that's okay with the Mexican govt. ?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:47 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:

Coyotes/facilitators by their very nature tend not to answer inconvenient questions directly.
I've spoken to family members in Guanajuato about the campesino plates,they are legit in Guanajuato and I wouldn't have to pay a fee to a coyote like John/Sonia to get them,but they didn't know  about the legalities of getting them registered in Jalisco.
MC is a jerk for closing for those threads.some of us are trying to figure out the best way to go as far as vehicle nationalization goes.
Chillin' s post on that thread shows what a complete m---n he is.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:35 pm

Logically, since a vehicle must be in Mexico legally and properly registered somewhere, it would seem that making an insurance claim on a car in the camposino program might just be a pipe dream. Jail time? Confiscation?
Also, since no individual importations have been done for about five months, and are not being done now, why pursue the issue? Just face the reality that going Permanente means disposing of NoB registered vehicles outside of Mexico. If one cannot take it north in person, another can be hired to do so. Painful, but it is time to bite the bullet.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:48 pm

You're right, RV, but meanwhile, there are plenty of people who really need a car and used ones here are often of questionable quality, mechanically. So yes, if you need one, you best get it thoroughly checked out by a mechanic you know and feel confident with.

New cars are the best way to go, but OUCH on the budget of some of our retirees.

S & S auto gave us good assistance when we bought and has even obtained our plates for us since.  He also knows where to get some used cars, and will take people to Guadalajara for a reasonable fee to look over any dealer's offerings.  Of course, you can do all this yourself, but it's easier to go the S&S route.  (I'm a little lazy, okay?)

Anyone who beetches and moans about the car problem in Mexico might think about the difficulties of getting both one's car and oneself over the U.S. border .......if you're a native Mexican.  We have it pretty easy.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:03 pm

Pedro wrote:i sure would like to know too before my time is up in a few months.

Gheeesh Pedro .... if it's that old clunker of a pickup that you gave a name .... why not just keep driving it. How often do you get stopped and asked for a visa
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy2 Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:06 pm

I nationalized my vehicle over a year ago, used Jayme Littlejohn and Timothy G Welch. They did a very professional job. It went to the border, was returned, it went to Gdl for the plates and was delivered back. ALl legal (I have checked) and I know them both well, they are trustworthy.
If your friend does not want to make the trip I would strongly recommend using them. I agree with RV. When you will end up finding out the problems with Campesino plates will probably when insurance coverage is looked into, and it may not be smooth sailing.

Grizzy2

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:34 pm

Nobody knows when, or if, nationallization for individuals will start again. Therefore, one cannot make plans to do it.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:31 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:Nobody knows when, or if, nationallization for individuals will start again. Therefore, one cannot make plans to do it.

That is a bummer, so I guess if anyone is running out of time..............time to buy a Mexican plated car or take your chances.
If I had the problem, I'd be telling the policia that I really wanted to take it to the border to make it nationalized, but they won't let me do it yet.
Who knows, he might let you off. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:34 pm

The policia isn't even allowed to ask you for your visa so they have no idea what your immigration status is. If for some reason there was an issue, it isn't anything that $500 pesos won't take care of. The big issue is with insurance. As we all know the insurance companies will look for any reason not to pay a claim....... Very Happy
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:28 pm

A friend in Chapala has the plates and I keep forgetting to ask to copy his papers to check them out. He has the window sticker and some restrictions on driving but it is the best temp solution as nobody seems to be able to nationalize period anywhere and it looks like things will not be moving for a bit. I will try and ask him Monday for his papers and investigate.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:41 pm

There is a broker I have used in Pharr TX that is importing 2006-07 cars TODAY. If you got a 2005 or earlier or an 08 and later, you might just have to eat it and go north. Stay away from campesino placa's and virtual importers. Every virtual importer might start off being OK but in the end most people get burned.

I left 2 days ago taking another car north.  I got stopped by the Vial Police less than 30 miles from Lakeside on the road outside of Cajititlan.  He asked for the TIP paperwork and my FM3 VISA.  I wasn't going to argue with them. I showed him my visa and the returno seguro I had for the car.  I asked why I was pulled over?  They said the only reason was to check my papers.  Since everything was in order they sent me on my way.

I think Spencer recently posted about a permanente losing their car and getting a huge fine.

Gringal, I sent you a PM

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:30 am

You see Gringal, there is no such thing as Campesino plates for nationalization. If you are referring to Sonia, she is/was using a customs broker, the process of nationalization was exactly the same as every other broker, except the autos were not required at the border. This came to be called 'virtual' nationalization and all vehicles approved have been 100% legit. The reasons why Customs was giving the UCD organization this special privilege is probably complicated - but again probably has a lot to do with the UCD protecting their members from all the frauds and misinformation at the border. I know this is shocking, but there are a lot of people out there who have a vested interest in scaring people to buy services they simply do not need.

Sonia has never offered plates, except offering to help in her city of SMA. In fact she has repeatedly warned, if the facilitator offers plates, that this is a red flag. Make sure the State you are in recognizes the registrations as legal.

Now the paper plates, which cost about $60 per year is a different matter. The UCD was supposed to be renewing an annual appeal every year, and I think there was a limited number of years. It became so popular, and honored by the police, that I think they stopped the actual appeals. These vehicle are mostly transportation beaters and work trucks/vans. As far as insurance for these vehicle, especially the compulsory liability insurance, there is a company specializing in this - I believe it is Qualitas. You do not need a facilitator to buy them - a translator, maybe. I like the UCD - they do great work in the farming communities and they support many good causes.

The real core of this mystery is the so called legalization or regularization, versus nationalization. I have been asking about this for two years now, ever since the customs lawyer at the airport wrote that she could legalize my car but not nationalize it. The same in Puerto Vallarta, the facilitators offer regularization, and obtain plates from Mexico City. All the facturas, Federal and state databases check out - but they forgot to remove the TIP, which you do not have to go to the border to do, just any inland customs office.

It all depends on the value of your vehicle. Americans and Canadians often put too much value on their vehicles, especially the ones that faithfully delivered them here. Four years ago no one cared where your vehicle was from. As long as you paid your $200 - $300 dollars per year, and your insurance, you could think of it like "rent". I don't understand why the current government turned its back on this revenue stream - but it sounds like they are in the middle of changing the car laws once again.

And Gringal, that thread was closed because Cbviajo repeatedly harasses Sonia with the same question, especially on Mexconnect. You drank the kool aid. He seems to have a problem with professional Mexican women, uses "campesino" like a swear word, and any political organization left of the Texas Secession Movement.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:39 am

CHILLIN wrote:

And Gringal, that thread was closed because Cbviajo repeatedly harasses Sonia with the same question, especially on Mexconnect. You drank the kool aid. He seems to have a problem with professional Mexican women, uses "campesino" like a swear word, and any political organization left of the Texas Secession Movement.
You really are a m---n,chillin, and your posts over the years have  proved that time and time again.I have zero problems with professional Mexican women and half of my family are campesinos and yes I do support the Texas Secession Movement.
And by the way those aren't Sonia's posts,they're her a$$hole husband John's posts.

Last edited by viajero on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:55 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : clarification)

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:44 am

I too am all for the Texas Secession Movement and wish them speedy success. Beer
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:29 pm

You see, Chillin, starting a post with a phrase like "you see, Gringal" kind of gets things off on the wrong foot.  When it continues as though you actually know the skinny on what's going over on TOB; what the real deal is with the car matter and Sonia, it has the all the appeal of a "lecture" by someone who probably doesn't know much more than anyone else.  If you are actually an authority on any of these things, with credentials to back it up, I'll listening.  Otherwise, I assume you're just guessing.

I freely admit that I have no idea what the deal is about between Mod 2, Viajero, John, Sonia etc.  Obviously, someone pizzed someone else off along the line.
It's annoying when Mainecoons gets on his pulpit in a PM to reprimand someone who expresses a differing opinion. But that's the extent of it.  

It is strictly my "intuition" that anyone going that "campesino" route meant to benefit farmers, but who is actually just another expat looking for an easy route, is taking a big chance with his/her money and that any and all facts about that operation should be out there where the general public can examine them before handing anyone their cash.  I can speculate as to why certain people are untouchable and some issues are not to be discussed on TOB, but it would be rather foolish to mouth those speculations here, TOB or anywhere else I can be quoted.
So..............why not "chill" until all is known?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:40 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I too am all for the Texas Secession Movement and wish them speedy success. Beer

Then all the people from eastern US and Canada, driving to Mexico, would have to make a much longer trip over to NM, AZ, or CA to come here, as no one in their right mind would drive through ISIS territory (the Ignorant State In Secession).

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:44 pm

flag waver
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:53 pm

You see, gringal, chillin is here to defend Sonia as his main objective with a bunch of smoke and mirrors, and I know not why.

BTW...Maincoons is our local version of Bill O'Reilly, if you know what I mean.  lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:07 pm

slainte39 wrote:You see, gringal, chillin is here to defend Sonia as his main objective with a bunch of smoke and mirrors, and I know not why.

BTW...Maincoons is our local version of Bill O'Reilly, if you know what I mean.  lol!

Chuckle.  That's a really cute picture of  Sonia as avatar, eh? What's with Chillin's defense? Only the Shadow knows.

MC is from.............guess where?  THAT state. Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:52 am

slainte39 wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:I too am all for the Texas Secession Movement and wish them speedy success. Beer

Then all the people from eastern US and Canada, driving to Mexico, would have to make a much longer trip over to NM, AZ, or CA to come here, as no one in their right mind would drive through ISIS territory (the Ignorant State In Secession).
Actually, a much shorter drive to get to a totally Mexican country.
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:39 am

slainte39 wrote: BTW...Maincoons is our local version of Bill O'Reilly, if you know what I mean.  lol!

By golly slainte, you got it.  Same superiority complex, aggression, bluster and B.S., right here in River City. Good thing we have a large village.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:38 am

oncesubtle wrote:
slainte39 wrote: BTW...Maincoons is our local version of Bill O'Reilly, if you know what I mean.  lol!

By golly slainte, you got it.  Same superiority complex, aggression, bluster and B.S., right here in River City. Good thing we have a large village.

Formally I was thinking, "conservative intimidator", but putting it more succinctly, "bloviating buffoon".  Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next