INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The disarmament of the municipal police in Jalisco began yesterday

+9
David
arbon
slainte39
Mainecoons
Zedinmexico
JayBear
Oldyfeliz
Ricardo
sparks
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The disarmament of the municipal police in Jalisco began yesterday Empty The disarmament of the municipal police in Jalisco began yesterday

Post by sparks Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:23 pm

What are the old cops gonna do .... just hang around or find another job?

The disarmament of the municipal police in Jalisco began yesterday, with the corporation of the town of Cocula and Casimiro Castillo, to make way for the creation of the single state police, which was reported by the state government through its account Twitter officer.

Thus, the state serves the call made by President Enrique Peña Nieto, that Jalisco is one of the first four states to disappear municipal police.

"WARNING: The governor has ordered givesAristotelesSD start # FuerzaÚnica for total disarmament of the municipal police Cocula" [sic], noted in a first tweet.

Then he climbed one in which it stressed that the measure is preventive, "FiscaliaJal have enough information w / the disarmament and reevaluate elements of this corporation" [sic], and in a third tweet adds: "The Cocula security will be the responsibility of the # FuerzaÚnica. Citizens can relax. @ FiscalíaJalSGG_Jalisco be informed ".

State forces conducted the disarmament of the elements of municipal corporations, based on the attribution having the Attorney General's Office (FGE) to grant and revoke licenses to carry and use firearms.

More in Spanish
http://www.canal235.com/casimiro.html
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

The disarmament of the municipal police in Jalisco began yesterday Empty Re: The disarmament of the municipal police in Jalisco began yesterday

Post by Ricardo Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:24 pm

The article says those who pass the necessary tests will be incorporated into the new force.

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

The disarmament of the municipal police in Jalisco began yesterday Empty Re: The disarmament of the municipal police in Jalisco began yesterday

Post by Oldyfeliz Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:43 pm

Does this effect the Transito

Oldyfeliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:32 pm

Well. I am dumbfounded. What did I know? I found most of the various armed forces around here very protective good guys, differing in intellect and training, but here to serve. I am now hearing that the locals are corrupt. I have not experienced this in recent years. I am having trouble believing that the Chapala police are corrupt. Inept, poorly trained perhaps, but well-meaning would be my take on the situation. I think they are getting a bum rap. ME, naive? Well maybe, but I have rarely been accused of that! Usually, I am said to be hopelessly jaded and cynical. So my take is, a bunch of well-meaning but possibly poorly trained guys are going to lose their jobs, and they are going to be replaced by very well-trained police persons who have our best interests at heart? Why am I not optimistic about this change?

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:24 am

This is a very difficult situation. The tests do throw some innocent folks out. They admit this but cannot find another way to get the results they need. I too have had no problems with local lawfolks. If the current local cops pass the test they will be kept is my understanding. Having seen descriptions of the test I doubt if I could pass certain aspects and I am basically a good boy. It doesn't take much to fail. A friend of mine failed a test like this in the US because he didn't tell them he went to a party once that had pot being smoked. Note he was not smoking at the party. I know I am making excuses but I think they have some validity.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:24 am

What makes anyone think the Jalisco state police are any less corrupt or better trained?
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:30 am

Mainecoons wrote:What makes anyone think the Jalisco state police are any less corrupt or better trained?

Same tests apply. All law enforcement is going to deal with these tests is my understanding? Am I wrong?

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:37 am

We'll see just how honest and rigorous this program is. Police corruption is so endemic in this country I remain skeptical.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:38 am

It is a gradual process. Right now they have just disbanded the cops from Casimiro Castillo and Cocula (near GDL) for being areas with supposed links to high crime. In those areas the cops are all being retested, if they pass they will be allowed to train for the new single police force, if they fail then supposedly they are out for good.
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:58 am

Mainecoons wrote:What makes anyone think the Jalisco state police are any less corrupt or better trained?

Because that is the stated goal of this policy.  What makes you think they won't be?....other than an opinion.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:06 am

slainte39 wrote:

Because that is the stated goal of this policy.  What makes you think they won't be?....other than an opinion.

Thank you slainte, the policy went globle yet Zed & coons have forgotten already. Eh

arbon wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-30239433

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/27/mexican-president-enrique-pena-nieto-1guala

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/mexico-president-influenced-by-missing-43-in-iguala-pushes-reforms-1.2853177

Last edited by arbon on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:09 am

arbon wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-30239433

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/27/mexican-president-enrique-pena-nieto-1guala

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/mexico-president-influenced-by-missing-43-in-iguala-pushes-reforms-1.2853177
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:34 am

Oldyfeliz wrote:Does this effect the Transito

I don't think they're armed.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:17 am

David wrote:

Sure they are.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:00 pm

Transitos are already part of the state, and are not municipal police.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 pm

Regardless.  Globle?  Is that the sound a turkey makes?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:59 pm

David wrote:

NOT a jalisco state transito carrying NOT a 30 cal. machine gun.his side arm is not visible in the foto nor the pump shotgun in the truck-SNORK!
and yes they will be affected as well as the existing regular state police.

The disarmament of the municipal police in Jalisco began yesterday Evento10

Last edited by Pedro on Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:03 pm

I like the bike!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:41 pm

David wrote:I like the bike!
it is a well liked bike.
The disarmament of the municipal police in Jalisco began yesterday Chapal10
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:49 pm

Pedro wrote:
David wrote:

NOT a jalisco state transito carrying NOT a 30 cal. machine gun.his side arm is not visible in the foto nor the pump shotgun in the truck-SNORK!
Every TRAFFIC cop should have a machine gun,sidearm and a shotgun,it adds to the intimidation factor and gives them an upper hand when negotiating mordidas.
I wonder how many transitos out of a hundred could honestly say that they don't take bribes?

Last edited by viajero on Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:52 pm

sparks wrote:What are the old cops gonna do .... just hang around or find another job?

Pedro has pu-lenty of work for them - believe me.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldyfeliz Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:55 pm

SO, if the Transitos are part of the State Police, I can only assume that the new State Police  will be as honest as the existing Transitos ! And some of the Federales that I have encountered and the Fuerza Unicos that beat up the Atiqueza Students - What a promising future!
HA! HA!  HA!

Oldyfeliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:01 pm

Oldyfeliz wrote:SO, if the Transitos are part of the State Police, I can only assume that the new State Police  will be as honest as the existing Transitos !  And some of the Federales that I have encountered  and the Fuerza Unicos that beat up the Atiqueza Students -  What a promising future!
HA! HA!  HA!
what part of being vetted escapes you? cops are getting fired right and left all the way up to the feds. hardly any transitos will meet the criteria.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:22 pm

Pedro wrote:
what part of being vetted escapes you? cops are getting fired right and left all the way up to the feds. hardly any transitos  will meet the criteria.

Because mordida is not a major crime
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:31 pm

sparks wrote:
Pedro wrote:
what part of being vetted escapes you? cops are getting fired right and left all the way up to the feds. hardly any transitos  will meet the criteria.

Because mordida is not a major crime
tell me when you know something. even the previous PAN jalisco state gummint started a house cleaning with vialidad right at headquarters. many heads rolled.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next