INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Airport Travails

2 posters

Go down

New Airport Travails Empty New Airport Travails

Post by MexiNan Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:31 pm

OK. This is a new wrinkle. My husband is in Charlotte, heading back to Mexico. He is called to the desk by the gate agent, and is told that they have no proof that he left Guadalajara. WTF!! Dude! He's standing in front of you!!!

(Mind you, we come in to Mexico on the Tourist Visa that is given to everyone who enters on a valid U.S. passport. They collect it when you leave Mexico.)

Now, #1, He flew out of here on this very same airline. He showed his itinerary and boarding pass, but this guy insisted that my husband could not board the plane unless he had a valid resident's visa for Mexico, or proof that he left Mexico!

#2, since when does anyone leaving the U.S. have to have a visa in hand before boarding a plane for Mexico? They give them to you on the plane and approve them IN MEXICO! Plus, he's stopping over in Atlanta, so technically he's flying to Atlanta.

They were calling for final boarding and my husband asked if he was going to be refused entry if he didn't present a visa. The guy said, "Yes!" He demanded to see a supervisor. In the meantime the guy says sternly, "Sir, do you not have a visa for Mexico?!" Frustrated beyond belief, he says, "YES!" And he shows the guy his old FM3 stamped in his passport in 2008. The guy puts the info into his computer & waves him through.

Now here is the kicker, FM3's are no longer used in Mexico. And even if they were, this one EXPIRED IN 2009!!!

Airport security is an oxymoron, as is airline efficiency. ¡Dios mio! Beer

MexiNan

Back to top Go down

New Airport Travails Empty Re: New Airport Travails

Post by Pedro Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:42 pm

another good reason to avoid the excited states when flying. having said that,the people in seattle going and coming from edmonchuk recently, were very efficient and pleasant , airline, security and customs personnel. except the one[us customs in edmonchuk took my second bic because you are only allowed 1 to carry on-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down