INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Import a new motorcycle with my Permanente visa, or buy in Mexico?

4 posters

Go down

Import a new motorcycle with my Permanente visa, or buy in Mexico? Empty Import a new motorcycle with my Permanente visa, or buy in Mexico?

Post by farndale Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:41 pm

My wife and I will be moving in with permanente visas in July 2015. I know we can bring in a NAFTA-manufactured car, but we will not do so. I'd like to buy a motorcycle (maybe a 250cc or 300cc dual-sport type) in either Canada or Mexico to have in Ajijic. Does anyone know whether I can bring in a motorcycle duty-free as part of our move? It obviously would not be NAFTA-manufactured.

Does anyone know about prices? Am I better buying in Canada (bringing in the moving crate) or in Mexico? I have looked at prices on websites. For example, a new Kawasaki KLX250S in Guadalajara is USD$7,800, but in Canada is only CAD$5,200.
farndale
farndale

Humor : Yes

Back to top Go down

Import a new motorcycle with my Permanente visa, or buy in Mexico? Empty Re: Import a new motorcycle with my Permanente visa, or buy in Mexico?

Post by Intercasa Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:24 pm

Too many problems with nationalizing vehicles, people still paying and getting ripped off, best to avoid the situation and buy in Mexico.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Import a new motorcycle with my Permanente visa, or buy in Mexico? Empty Re: Import a new motorcycle with my Permanente visa, or buy in Mexico?

Post by Pedro Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:00 pm

i know somebody that brought in a new kawa 1600 cruiser that cost $16000usd dollars and paid aprox. $3000usd duty to import from usa.another coupla friends imported $40,000 harleys[don't know what the duties were] from texas rather than getting them here.
royal enfields are $8000 usd in mexico, canada and usa.
i have many friends that can get you good used motos here and i haven't paid them to be my friends. it would cost me too much money to pay about 1000 bikers to be my friends and acquaintances [lady ladeeda].
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:20 pm

Pedro wrote:i know somebody that brought in a new kawa 1600 cruiser that cost $16000usd dollars and paid aprox. $3000usd duty to import from usa.another coupla friends imported $40,000 harleys[don't know what the duties were] from texas rather than getting them here.
i have many friends that can get you good used motos here and i haven't paid them to be my friends. it would cost me too much money to pay about 1000 bikers to be my friends and acquaintances [lady ladeeda].

Kind of another weird response Peter! If they ride it in, NO DUTY!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:53 am

Jim W wrote:
Pedro wrote:i know somebody that brought in a new kawa 1600 cruiser that cost $16000usd dollars and paid aprox. $3000usd duty to import from usa.another coupla friends imported $40,000 harleys[don't know what the duties were] from texas rather than getting them here.

Kind of another weird response Peter!   If they ride it in, NO DUTY!
you know nothing about bringing in motos james. the op will have a permanante and besides that why do you think motos that aren't made here are more expensive than at their source country? could that be because of import duties?-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:49 am

I have seen importations done without problems but in the past 2 months there have been more problems, these things go in waves, why not avoid things where there are know problems?
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down