INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Need a part for my Evans generator.

Go down

Need a part for my Evans generator. Empty Need a part for my Evans generator.

Post by Clueless on Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:20 am

I was told there is a "Centro de Servicio" for Evans in El chante; does anyone know about this?

I don't want to drive out there blind. The information came from the hardware store next to Pharmacia Guadalajara in Ajijic.


Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1092
Join date : 2014-07-31
Location : Where the wodvine twinith.

Back to top Go down

Need a part for my Evans generator. Empty Re: Need a part for my Evans generator.

Post by Pedro on Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:53 am

i wonder if it's that guy pepe who services scooters and quads on the right side about 100yards before the curve into jocotepec.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 76

Back to top Go down

Need a part for my Evans generator. Empty Re: Need a part for my Evans generator.

Post by Clueless on Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:07 pm

Pedro wrote:i wonder if it's that guy pepe who services scooters and quads  on the right side about 100yards before the curve into jocotepec.

Is that considered in El Chante?
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1092
Join date : 2014-07-31
Location : Where the wodvine twinith.

Back to top Go down

Need a part for my Evans generator. Empty Re: Need a part for my Evans generator.

Post by martygraw on Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:47 pm

No, the shop you are looking for is in centro El Chante on the right hand side of the carretera going toward Jocotepec.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 610
Join date : 2010-04-05
Age : 80
Location : Jocotepec

Back to top Go down

Need a part for my Evans generator. Empty Re: Need a part for my Evans generator.

Post by Pedro on Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:40 pm

pepe is also in el chante on the carretera but at the west entrance to el chante. there are always a bunch of scooters and quads in front of his place
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 76

Back to top Go down

Need a part for my Evans generator. Empty Re: Need a part for my Evans generator.

Post by Clueless on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:24 pm

When someone is saying "in" El Chante, is this in the town off the main road?

I drive through El Chante 2X today and nothing; this was on the main road toward Joco.

I even drove into the town itself but nothing that near matched what is said above.

Cant even find anything on the Web for a service center for Evans generators and on their website, the email bounces (2X).

Frustrating.

Still looking.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1092
Join date : 2014-07-31
Location : Where the wodvine twinith.

Back to top Go down

Need a part for my Evans generator. Empty Re: Need a part for my Evans generator.

Post by RVGRINGO on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:25 am

Looking while driving can be frustrating, as signs and advertizing are not frequently found. One has to go slow, on foot, peek in doorways and ask around. In a small town, everyone knows ..... you just need to ask.
Evans? Never heard of that brand, but if it is a small engine, there are a lot of folks in the area who can service them. Try the lawnmower repair shops, etc. If they cannot help, they will send you to the next likely place.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1446
Join date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Need a part for my Evans generator. Empty Re: Need a part for my Evans generator.

Post by Clueless on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:42 pm

This is a large, 4000KW generator. I did find someplace in Guadalajara that says it is the factory.

I hate driving into Guadalajara but no second choice.

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1092
Join date : 2014-07-31
Location : Where the wodvine twinith.

Back to top Go down

Need a part for my Evans generator. Empty Re: Need a part for my Evans generator.

Post by hueco_negro on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:56 pm

4000 Kilowatts would indeed be a large generator.
hueco_negro
hueco_negro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 114
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Riberas del Pilar

Back to top Go down

Need a part for my Evans generator. Empty Re: Need a part for my Evans generator.

Post by RVGRINGO on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:04 pm

It would be HUGE. I think there is a decimal point missing.
4KW would be about 5.36 HP, for example; and 4KW=4000 Watts.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1446
Join date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Need a part for my Evans generator. Empty Re: Need a part for my Evans generator.

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:47 pm

Clueless wrote:This is a large, 4000KW generator. I did find someplace in Guadalajara that says it is the factory.

I hate driving into Guadalajara but no second choice.

Thanks.

I know a 32kW generator is about a meter in diameter and about 1.2 meters long and requires an engine almost the same size... I agree with another poster that it is more like 4000 watts, which would be in the range of a single cylinder engine.

It would help to know what part you need. The shop across from Sorianas in Chapala was able to obtain an air and oil filter for a 14hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin 7000 watt (he knows where various parts are, and he did it on one of his trips to Guadalajara). If you need brushes, they can be matched in many hardware stores, etc.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 332
Join date : 2012-12-18
Location : Chapala

Back to top Go down

Need a part for my Evans generator. Empty Re: Need a part for my Evans generator.

Post by Clueless on Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:15 pm

Dr. Sam Thelin wrote:
Clueless wrote:This is a large, 4000KW generator. I did find someplace in Guadalajara that says it is the factory.

I hate driving into Guadalajara but no second choice.

Thanks.

I know a 32kW generator is about a meter in diameter and about 1.2 meters long and requires an engine almost the same size... I agree with another poster that it is more like 4000 watts, which would be in the range of a single cylinder engine.

It would help to know what part you need. The shop across from Sorianas in Chapala was able to obtain an air and oil filter for a 14hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin 7000 watt (he knows where various parts are, and he did it on one of his trips to Guadalajara). If you need brushes, they can be matched in many hardware stores, etc.

I need the gasoline valve that goes from the bottom of the gas tank to the carburetor. It has an on/off hand-operated cut off.

And it is a 4,000 watt (peak) generator.

I found the factory is in El Salto so maybe I can program my Mexico GPS to get me there. I will also try the place across from Soriana; I know where it is.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1092
Join date : 2014-07-31
Location : Where the wodvine twinith.

Back to top Go down

Need a part for my Evans generator. Empty Re: Need a part for my Evans generator.

Post by Pedro on Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:15 pm

most gasoline valves or as the brits call them[petrol taps] are universal. as long as your replacement has the same thread it will fit and work. therefore you could probably get one from the place across from soriana. why make things harder than they need be.
this is what you need and why didn't you say so right from the beginning?
Need a part for my Evans generator. 319-ll10
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4597
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 76

Back to top Go down

Need a part for my Evans generator. Empty Re: Need a part for my Evans generator.

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin on Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:33 pm

Pedro wrote:most gasoline valves or as the brits call them[petrol taps] are universal. as long as your replacement has the same thread it will fit and work. therefore you could probably get one from the place across from soriana. why make things harder than they need be.
this is what you need and why didn't you say so right from the beginning?

I agree with Pedro. It is not likely something exclusive to the make and model. If you take it to one of the local small engine shops, they can likely match one for you. Do not hesitate to let them make some money on the deal for going to get it (give them some incentive to go find it for you). If they mark it up 100 pesos, it is still cheaper than a drive to Guadalajara.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 332
Join date : 2012-12-18
Location : Chapala

Back to top Go down

Need a part for my Evans generator. Empty Re: Need a part for my Evans generator.

Post by Clueless on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:11 pm

Thanks for the picture and information.

I have no problem with someone making a profit, when I worked, I made a profit and I know that to many Mexicans, $100 is a lot of money.

I'll report back.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1092
Join date : 2014-07-31
Location : Where the wodvine twinith.

Back to top Go down

Need a part for my Evans generator. Empty Re: Need a part for my Evans generator.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum