INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CFE big problem

+9
Fastfox
Grizzy
windrider17
Pedro
Ms.Thang
Tony_In_Mexico
slainte39
Rolly
simpsca
13 posters

Go down

CFE big problem Empty CFE big problem

Post by simpsca Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:37 pm

Today while I was out, CFE came by and reprogrammed my electric meter and left a card in my mail box with a brochure and a note that I should use the card on Aug. 1. I did not request this monthly service and did not sign for anything as I was not home. I called the phone number on the brochure 071. I pressed 0 and held until I got a person. Asked for someone that speaks English. When I got that person I asked what was done. I told her I travel regularly and often pre-pay my account so my electricity does not go off. She said you cannot do that with this new service and card. The problem with how this operates has been discussed in other topics. So she confirmed my address, phone number, and corner street and put in an order to cancel service. I plan to go to Jocotopec CFE on Wed. to return the card with the work order to return my meter to the bi monthly plan.

I have never had an angry moment or a tantrum here in Mexico but am planning to have one since I am fluent in Spanish if they give me any problems at CFE.

Just a warning that I understood you used to have to sign and agree to the service. Now they are installing it while you are not home and just leaving the card. I posted the phone number in case anyone else has this problem. They can create a work order to cancel this service and reprogram your meter from headquarters where they speak English.

Thinking some words now I can't write here.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

CFE big problem Empty Re: CFE big problem

Post by Rolly Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:11 pm

" I posted the phone number..."
Where is it posted? I don't see it.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:47 am

simpsca wrote: I called the phone number on the brochure 071. I pressed 0 and held until I got a person. Asked for someone that speaks English.

Rolly, I think this is the phone number she is referring to.

Simpsca...You mean they did this without any request or permission from you and no one at your house allowed it??
I know of one couple that were away from home when they came around and the lady who works for them said that it was OK, so they proceeded with the change. Took months to get it rectified.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:47 am

No one was at my house and I was away helping a friend. There was no permission given, no request by me and nothing signed by me. Just a brochure and the card were in my mail box and my meter had been changed.

About 8 months ago CFE changed my meter from a regular one to a digital - my electricity was off and I went out to check my meter and there they were changing it. I asked what they were doing and they said my old meter was running slow. The same digital meter allowed them to reset it yesterday to this new system.

I guess if you have a digital meter they can reprogram it for this new card system without your permission or you being home. If you have the old meter, not digital I suggest you have an iron cage built and screwed into you wall with a padlock. That would make it difficult to change. At least a friend told me that is what she has done to keep anyone from messing with her meter. Her gardener told her to do this. I wish I had known.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:54 am

Yes the phone number I called and was on the brochure is 071 not a complete phone number. Took me right through to the central CFE service. I pressed 0 to speak to an executive and then when I got through asked to speak to someone in English - even though I speak Spanish this was complicated.

She went through a lengthy story about the benefits of paying monthly. I then told her I travel and would not be here to swipe the card and come in to CFE to pay. She said if you are traveling then you are not using electricity and you can do it when you get home. I told her my refrigerator and alarm system use electricity and all the food in my fridge would go bad and my alarm would go off when the back up battery gets low (not sure if that's true but I have had false alarms with power outages). I said in fact if you look at my account I have a positive balance from the last time I traveled - I go in a prepay my bill. She then gave me a work order and said they would come and reprogram it back to the original type of bi-monthly billing.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:37 am

Well now you've got me worried. I have enough problems with CFE as it is, paying more than double what I should be paying. They've come out to my house twice now with the card and each time I've sent them away. Luckily I don't have a mailbox, but mail is often slid under the door. Good thing I'm almost always home I suppose. Who says being a recluse is always a bad thing?

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:51 am

I think if I'd been home I could have refused but I was away helping a friend renew and understand her health insurance. And your're right they will probably just slide it under the door if you're not home. They changed my meter to a digital one about 6 to 8 months ago which allows them to do this. I was home but they didn't even knock or ring my bell. My electricity went off so I went out to see what was happening and they were changing my meter to a digital one. Said my old one was running slow, yea right, they were just preparing to change me to the new system.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:06 am

The "peoples public power" for the benefit of the people.  Yeah right.
CFE, get rid of these parasite "smart card" "people".
They should  be rounded up with the parking meter people in Chapala and sent to the Tierra Caliente  in Michoacán...or better yet...Honduras.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:17 am

I thought that the card system would not activate until you used the card for the first time, so if you don't want to use that system just don't use the card and they will send you a bill. I know I read that somewhere.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:27 am

Ms.Thang wrote:I thought that the card system would not activate until you used the card for the first time, so if you don't want to use that system just don't use the card and they will send you a bill. I know I read that somewhere.
and that would be a good thing if true. cfe is trying to get rid of employees right now,is my understanding. if that is true are they gearing up for privatizing -hmmmm?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:45 am

They did the same stealth change on me, screwed up the programing of the meter so now the only thing that shows is a + in the upper left hand corner of the screen. CFE has been notified in writing, in person with a former CFE employee at my side, and with photos for the last 4 billing periods. Nada for results.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:06 pm

Anyone know a good place to make and install a cage? I had issues with. CFE when I bought my house. No way I want to mess with them again.
Thanks!
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:34 pm

If I was concerned about the issue and had a digital meter installed, I would dial the 071 number and preempt the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:29 pm

Jose Luis Gonzalez can make you a cage for your meter. Cell phone only 331 326 4662 - dial 045 first if calling from a land line. I have two meters - one is not digital and I have him coming over to change the important breakers to the meter they did not change and build me a cage for the non-digital meter.

In addition to calling 071 and getting a cancellation order I went to the Jocotopec office today and explained the same thing. I travel and cannot read the meter and pay. They gave me another cancellation order and I turned in the card. So we will see what happens:(

Yes I agree - they are probably trying to reduce number of employees - the meter readers. But this new system is a big problem for anyone who can't make it monthly to the CFE office. Just think of all the older people, Mexicans and us as well who cannot make it to the office - too infirm to take a bus if they don't have a car. - a real problem for them. At least when I get a paper bill - which I can access on line I can pay at an Oxxo or any other convenient location.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:29 pm

Thanks Simpsca and good luck!
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:26 pm

simpsca wrote:Today while I was out, CFE came by and reprogrammed my electric meter and left a card in my mail box with a brochure and a note that I should use the card on Aug. 1. I did not request this monthly service and did not sign for anything as I was not home. I called the phone number on the brochure 071. I pressed 0 and held until I got a person. Asked for someone that speaks English. When I got that person I asked what was done. I told her I travel regularly and often pre-pay my account so my electricity does not go off. She said you cannot do that with this new service and card. The problem with how this operates has been discussed in other topics. So she confirmed my address, phone number, and corner street and put in an order to cancel service. I plan to go to Jocotopec CFE on Wed. to return the card with the work order to return my meter to the bi monthly plan.

I have never had an angry moment or a tantrum here in Mexico but am planning to have one since I am fluent in Spanish if they give me any problems at CFE.

Just a warning that I understood you used to have to sign and agree to the service. Now they are installing it while you are not home and just leaving the card. I posted the phone number in case anyone else has this problem. They can create a work order to cancel this service and reprogram your meter from headquarters where they speak English.

Thinking some words now I can't write here.

This reminds me of the installation of Smart Meters on what is supposed to be "our property" in many US cities. Many of us don't want them, yet we have no choice and have huge legal battles if we want to remove them.
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:32 pm

CFE is NOT allowed to change your account without a signed contract.  They've been using a contractor to do the changes and are obviously paid for each installation.  I understand the contractor has been released for their shoddy practices.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:40 pm

There was no signature given at my house - no one was here. I have a work order from the headquarters and the Joco office to cancel this service. Just had my electrician change everything important over to my second meter which is not digital. He is having an iron cage built for this second meter - don't know if they dare take the whole thing off. I also handed in the card when I got the work order to cancel service so we'll see if the devices on the new digital meter work 10 days after Aug 1 which is when they said I had to pass the card on the meter - wrote that on the brochure. My electrician has the card also. Said he would never have figured out how to use it without watching the video on his computer. You lay the card on top of the meter for 15 seconds. Lots of Mexican guys in CFE yesterday who couldn't figure out how to pay their bill with the card - or possibly did not know how to use it on their meter.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:52 am

They changed over a whole row of commercial property near the plaza and than they had the electricity cut off because they didn't get a bill. Avoid this like the plague.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:24 pm

They are at it again. They are programming the meters themselves and leaving the card.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rs6000 Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:18 am

David wrote:CFE is NOT allowed to change your account without a signed contract.  They've been using a contractor to do the changes and are obviously paid for each installation.  I understand the contractor has been released for their shoddy practices.

Ditto.
You are not abliged to move to the new prepaid system.
If for any reason you were switched to this prepaid system, you can wait 1 month and go to the office,cancle the prepaid card, and request to be charged with a bimonthly bill .

rs6000

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:08 am

I just had a wrought iron cage built for my two old fashioned meters. with a sturdy padlock. CFE has been in my neighborhood (L Riberas) recently.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down