INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Traffic fines

+3
Intercasa
hound dog
Rolly
7 posters

Go down

Traffic fines Empty Traffic fines

Post by Rolly Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:51 pm

Local traffic fines are pretty low compared with those back home. Here a few from the 2011 fines list in California.
Failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility (insurance): $800
Failure to stop at a red signal: $400
Failure to stop at a stop sign: $154
Unsafe speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit: $154
Unsafe speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit: $280
Passing a school bus with flashing red signals: $600
Driving while using a wireless phone not hands free, first offense: $80
Driving while using a wireless device to send, read or write text: $80
Parking in a bus loading area: $1,000
Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense: $1,000
Mandatory use of seat belts: $80
Mandatory use of passenger child restraints: $400
Headsets or earplugs covering both ears: $114
Violation of motorcycle safety helmet requirements: $114
No evidence of current registration: $200
Improper display of license plates: $114
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Traffic fines Empty Re: Traffic fines

Post by hound dog Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:57 pm

[quote="Rolly"]Local traffic fines are pretty low compared with those back home. Here a few from the 2011 fines list in California (coupled with Dawg´s response).

At most $25 USD here if paid promptly. No negative points on your driving record.
* Failure to stop at a stop sign: $154
What stop sign? Stop signs in Mexico mean nothing. Now "Uno Y Uno" means something. If you fail to respect that dictate in Southern Mexico, the person you disrespected by doing so has the right and, even the obligation to kill you on the spot as a provocateur.
* Unsafe speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit $280 T
here is no unsafe speed in Mexico until you run into or over someone and then you run away and are never apprehended. The person you ran over or their companions are arrested as material witnesses and held until they pay the proper mordida. If they die in jail, the relatives are held responsible for the rent due for their incarceration.
Have you ever, and I mean EVER seen a school bus with flashing red signals in Mexico or an ambulance with flashing emergency lights anybody AND I MEAN ANYBODY respected?
Disabled parking space means great place to park near destination in Mexico. No fine has ever been imposed for that presumption. One is considered a moron for respecting that rule.
In Mexico; the cartels use the seat belts to strangle your sorry ass.
Do they have 47 child restraints in Mexican pickup trucks?

I can´t go on.

Give me mexico any day over the U.S. or France. Life is too short to spend it in either of those places.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:05 pm

HD funny stuff.

Many fines have penalty enhancements , to see how a $20 fine becomes $160 look here:

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/jc/documents/reports/20100423itema10.pdf

Last edited by Intercasa on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by shirley Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:22 pm

Too fu**n funny!

[quote="hound dog"]
Rolly wrote:Local traffic fines are pretty low compared with those back home. Here a few from the 2011 fines list in California (coupled with Dawg´s response).

At most $25 USD here if paid promptly. No negative points on your driving record.
* Failure to stop at a stop sign: $154
What stop sign? Stop signs in Mexico mean nothing. Now "Uno Y Uno" means something. If you fail to respect that dictate in Southern Mexico, the person you disrespected by doing so has the right and, even the obligation to kill you on the spot as a provocateur.
* Unsafe speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit $280 T
here is no unsafe speed in Mexico until you run into or over someone and then you run away and are never apprehended. The person you ran over or their companions are arrested as material witnesses and held until they pay the proper mordida. If they die in jail, the relatives are held responsible for the rent due for their incarceration.
Have you ever, and I mean EVER seen a school bus with flashing red signals in Mexico or an ambulance with flashing emergency lights anybody AND I MEAN ANYBODY respected?
Disabled parking space means great place to park near destination in Mexico. No fine has ever been imposed for that presumption. One is considered a moron for respecting that rule.
In Mexico; the cartels use the seat belts to strangle your sorry ass.
Do they have 47 child restraints in Mexican pickup trucks?

I can´t go on.

Give me mexico any day over the U.S. or France. Life is too short to spend it in either of those places.
shirley
shirley

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Intercasa wrote:HD funny stuff.

Spencer, since I know you´re involved in the law in the Chapala area at least peripherally; I thought you and others reading this thread might enjoy the following true tales:

CHIAPAS LEGAL ADVICE

I won't go into the specific case that prompted the following exchange except to say that in 2006 we were planning to move to San Cristóbal De Las Casas, Chiapas at least part of the year and had rented a place to stay here while looking for a home to buy and refurbish. A sleazy U.S. citizen landlord with homes in San Cristóbal and California and advertising through an equally sleazy wed site, tried to cheat us out of our good faith deposit rendered for an apartment in his home and tried to abscond with that $6,000 Pesos deposit after subsequently renting out the quarters we had reserved to someone else who, apparently, had committed to a much longer time period than the two weeks to which we had committed. He had apparently spent our good faith monies and was broke so refused to return our deposit while simultaneously denying us the apartment.

It was then when engaged in a legal battle with the sleazeball to recover our deposit, that we found out the hard way that our having simply deposited money into a bank account belonging to a landlord is not prima facie evidence that we intended that money to have been a deposit with specific performance on the part of the landlord implied by that act. We also discovered that all electronic mail correspondence confirming the reasons for our having made the deposit would be excluded as evidence in court.

So, anyway, we decided to consult with an attorney in San Cristobal and here is an excerpt from that lengthy conversation that we best remember:

"But", said we, "the sumbitch is lying!". The lawyerly response without hesitation was, "They lie, you lie."

CHIAPAS DRIVING LESSONS

We were among friends who rented a driver and his Volkswagen to take us to an indigenous village way up in the mountains out of San Cristobal and the route to our destination requires driving on mountainous terrain over roads under various indigenous jusirdictions alternating with state jurisdictions. All the way up the mountain, the driver kept announcing when we were on highways under local jurisdictions and when we, once again were entering a highway under state jurisdiction with the alternate advice that we should put on or remove our seat belts based upon the applicable jurisdiction as in, " We are now enetering a state traffic jurisdiction so put on your seat belts." followed by, "We are back in the local traffic jurisdiction so you can take off your seat belts now."
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:22 am

I forgot to mention in reference to the post immediately above, that, after all other legal maneuvers had failed, we finally took that attorney´s advice of, "They lie, you lie."

We knew this crooked landlord was never going to come clean and return our deposit to us and we also knew that he had been running his home and its adjoining outbuildings as hotel space for years. We also knew he maintained residences in San Cristóbal and Northern California and, after local Chiapas attorneys assured us we would never get our deposit back through normal legal channels, we took their advice to denounce them in a civil court. His representative showed up in front of our coterie of attorneys and an administrative law judge and, in front of them all, we stated to that representative; "We presume, of course, that you have informed both the Mexican and U.S. taxing authorities that you are running a hotel out of your Mexican residence and, that if we call both Hacienda and the IRS, we will find that all income you have generated therefrom will have been reported to both agencies for tax purposes in accordance with the law."

After three months or wrangling, the $6,000 Pesos deposit was voluntarily returned to us within a couple of hours. Makes me think that, perhaps, they were not paying their income taxes as required but, who knows?

We didn´t necessarily lie to these thieving creeps as, if they had not returned our deposit, we might very well have inquired of both taxing agencies if income from this "hotel" were being reported as required, however, we were certainly bluffing but it worked. In Macho Mexico, the bluff is everything.

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by The Postman Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:31 am

We got a ticket this weekend, and need to pay it in Chapala.
Where do we go?

The Postman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Postman Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:54 am

We did a search on TOB and found our answer, thanks RV and Spencer.

The Postman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:08 am

They moved the office, I need to update my info
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:18 am

They passed 2 new laws in my hometown LA last week,get caught tossing a football or frisbee on any LA County beach and you will be fined 1000 dollars,if you dig a hole deeper than 18 inches in the sand same deal,when you buy your kid a toy shovel and bucket you might want to buy a toy tape measure as well.My guess is that if you were drinking a beer while tossing that frisbee your'e looking at some prison time.Viva Mexico.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by The Postman Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Yes they did move the office.
It is located on Calle Degollado 306C.
Sat in line for an hour and talked with some nice folks.

The Postman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:14 am

Chris:

An update on your football & frisbee post:
"Yes, you can throw a football on SoCal beaches
A highly circulated report claiming Southern California beachgoers would have to pay a hefty fine for throwing a ball or Frisbee at the beach was not only inaccurate, the decades-old restrictions were actually loosened, and the more notable change involved digging holes, said a public official Tuesday.

"A website report that was wrong, basically said we were going to fine individuals $1,000 for throwing footballs or playing Frisbee on the beach -- it went viral quickly, then went international," Carol Baker, public information officer for LA County Beaches and Harbors, said..........
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/15/10414893-yes-you-can-throw-a-football-on-socal-beaches

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:21 pm

So what are you trying to tell me Neil,that I should'nt believe everything I read on the internet?Smiley face.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down