INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HACIENDA AJIJIC Steak House Brief Review

+8
SnowDaddy
martygraw
Intercasa
RVGRINGO
hound dog
David
hockables
johninajijic
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

HACIENDA AJIJIC Steak House Brief Review - Page 2 Empty Re: HACIENDA AJIJIC Steak House Brief Review

Post by David Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:55 am

In Rancho del Oro plaza, the one with Tabarka. We've always found Giovanni's food too bland. We love La Taverna.

David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

HACIENDA AJIJIC Steak House Brief Review - Page 2 Empty Re: HACIENDA AJIJIC Steak House Brief Review

Post by johninajijic Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:08 am

David wrote:In Rancho del Oro plaza, the one with Tabarka. We've always found Giovanni's food too bland. We love La Taverna.

David - Have you tried Angelica's Bistro? If not, you owe it to yourself. They're only open until 4:00 PM daily, so I'd suggest getting there before 3 PM. Not open on Saturday or Sunday.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:37 am

Ditto Angelica's next to Panino's in the strip where Super Lake is on the eastern edge. I always have the pesto crudo which you can get with shrimp. And then go a couple of doors west to the gelato place which is the same as the good one in Chapala.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:49 pm

Carry Bean wrote:Ditto Angelica's next to Panino's in the strip where Super Lake is on the eastern edge. I always have the pesto crudo which you can get with shrimp. And then go a couple of doors west to the gelato place which is the same as the good one in Chapala.

Ditto on Angelica's. Great take out, too. I've taken home both the carne and the spinach ravioli, just put on a little garlic and olive oil plus a tad of pesto and ......oh yum. Box of 48 for 130 pesos. Five or six will fill the belly. Can't beat that for the good handmade ravioli, well stuffed.

I know David and a few others really like that Italian restaurant near Hacienda Ajijic ........but it doesn't do it for me. I'm with John on that one.

That Gelato place near Angelica's..........we are talking serious temptation there. The Bon Bon Marche is just about irresistible! One thing: if you don't like really tart citrus flavors..........skip those. Lip puckerers.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Haven't tried Giovanni in his latest location. It's a real conflict because my car usually stops dead at La Taverna or Tabarka. It has a mind of it's own and knows my favorite restaurants.

I will get to Giovanni's restaurant one of these days. Did you know his other son opened a restaurant in El Chants? It's OK but I would wait a little while until he gets his sea legs. I had spaghetti carbonara there which is one of my favorites and not to be found lakeside that I know of. But I've had better in Guadalajara. His new restaurant is in a tiny restaurant in Marina's Spa on the left after you pass all the El Chante signs. It's just across where you will make a right onto the new by-pass when it is open.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:57 am

Giovanni's has Spaghetti or Fetucinne Carbonara. That's my friends favorite. Have not tried it at Giovanni's yet. The "best" Italian food in GDL, if you haven't tried it is "Trattoria de Pomodoro" on Ninos Heroes, just off Lazaro Cadena down from the Lopez Mateos rotary. They open at 1:00 PM. We usually go when going to Costco. They are packed by 2:30 PM. Excellent food, great service, very clean and decent prices. I highly recommend this restaurant.

johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:27 am

I will try the one in Guadalajara. and Giovanni's now that I know he does carbonara - although that is not something I am supposed to eat, I can't help myself.

Have you tried Spaghetti & Co. on Ave. Mexico near Plaza Mexico? I just ate there yesterday - home make herb foccacia, chicken sauted in rosemary and potatoes baked in rosemary. We went at 1:30 and had the place to ourselves. When we left the people were packing in. So that is the secret in Guadalajara - go a little early before the comida hour.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2