INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HACIENDA AJIJIC Steak Place Review

4 posters

Go down

HACIENDA AJIJIC Steak Place Review Empty HACIENDA AJIJIC Steak Place Review

Post by johninajijic Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:09 am

Last night five of us from our Bi Monthly Dinner group ate at Hacienda Ajijic Steak Place. They were doing a good business probably because it was meat day. All meat for $ 99. pesos. On Wednesday, all Seafood dishes are $ 99. pesos. They served the tortilla chips with salsa first, then took our drink orders. Some had wine, both red and white. They said it was good and a decent pour for $ 38. pesos.

We ordered our food. One person ordered the Fettucine with Chicken. Another ordered the Shrimp Diablo, which you can get in varying degrees of heat. Both said their Dinners were good.

Three of us ordered the Filet Mignon. It comes with a choice of sauces: Mushroom and Red wine. I ordered the Red wine sauce, but looked at those with the Mushroom sauce which looked good. You can get a choice of Baked Potato with/without Sour Cream, Veggies or Fettucine as a side. Others chose the Baked Potato which was large. I chose the Veggies which were hard as a rock. I should have sent them back. We all agreed that the Filet Mignon was very large, very tasty, tender and cooked to perfection.

Service was excellent. There was always someone there to remove glasses, plates, etc that had been used.

Hacienda Ajijic Steak Place
Carretera # 268 - 7 - West Ajijic
766 4906

Food: Excellent----Portion Size: Excellent----Service: Excellent----Cleanliness: Excellent
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

HACIENDA AJIJIC Steak Place Review Empty Re: HACIENDA AJIJIC Steak Place Review

Post by Mainecoons Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:04 am

Mi esposa y yo comimos alli anoche tambien. Didn't realize you were there, would definitely have "meeted and greeted."

Sounds like they are still not quite on top of the side dishes.

Esposa had a baked potato with the fillet, I had a salad with bread. She pronounced the potato good, not great like Brunos. The salad side I got was quite decent. The steak was excellent and we both enjoyed the wine sauce. We had the house red wine, also quite decent and a good pour.

Agree with your review. The place is clean, including the bathrooms, the service is good. We had to sit outside as our dinner companions were smokers and I do wish there was less road noise. For those of you who do not wear hearing aids, it is difficult for those of us that do to deal with road noise, particularly when you wear two of the darned things.

The steak for 100 pesos is well worth the price of admission. Just watch out for the sides, you won't go wrong with the salad or the potato.

Definitely recommended, particularly if you can sit inside.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:37 am

johninajijic wrote:Last night five of us from our Bi Monthly Dinner group ate at Hacienda Ajijic Steak Place. They were doing a good business probably because it was meat day. All meat for $ 99. pesos. On Wednesday, all Seafood dishes are $ 99. pesos. They served the tortilla chips with salsa first, then took our drink orders. Some had wine, both red and white. They said it was good and a decent pour for $ 38. pesos.

We ordered our food. One person ordered the Fettucine with Chicken. Another ordered the Shrimp Diablo, which you can get in varying degrees of heat. Both said their Dinners were good.

Three of us ordered the Filet Mignon. It comes with a choice of sauces: Mushroom and Red wine. I ordered the Red wine sauce, but looked at those with the Mushroom sauce which looked good. You can get a choice of Baked Potato with/without Sour Cream, Veggies or Fettucine as a side. Others chose the Baked Potato which was large. I chose the Veggies which were hard as a rock. I should have sent them back. We all agreed that the Filet Mignon was very large, very tasty, tender and cooked to perfection.

Service was excellent. There was always someone there to remove glasses, plates, etc that had been used.

Hacienda Ajijic Steak Place
Carretera # 268 - 7 - West Ajijic
766 4906

Food: Excellent----Portion Size: Excellent----Service: Excellent----Cleanliness: Excellent
Sounds like a pretty good meal for 8 bucks,how much do you suppose a comparable meal will cost you in Temecula?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:49 am

I would think you would know that. This is the way I look at it, we hardly ever went out to eat in the US unless it was for good pizza or good chinese (very cheap meals). I wouldn't order a steak in a restaurant in the US, when I can buy better at Costco and cook it at home. We buy our NY Sirloins at Costco for 10 years now and have never had a bad steak. No one at Lakeside butcher shops can touch Costco's US meat. That goes for Boneless center cut Pork chops too.

At Outback Steakhouse in any State, I'm sure a Filet or NY Sirloin would be about $ 18 - $ 20.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Thanks again as usual John. Will have to try their Thursday special.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:39 pm

johninajijic wrote:I would think you would know that. This is the way I look at it, we hardly ever went out to eat in the US unless it was for good pizza or good chinese (very cheap meals). I wouldn't order a steak in a restaurant in the US, when I can buy better at Costco and cook it at home. We buy our NY Sirloins at Costco for 10 years now and have never had a bad steak. No one at Lakeside butcher shops can touch Costco's US meat. That goes for Boneless center cut Pork chops too.

At Outback Steakhouse in any State, I'm sure a Filet or NY Sirloin would be about $ 18 - $ 20.
Good answer John,but try the rib eyes and leave the bones in the pork chops,they add flavor,totaly agree with your take on chinese and pizza,hard to do them well at home.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down