INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Partial break-in and theft in La Floresta

+20
lunateak
mielicita
viajero
Pedro
Sideways
slainte39
addtocart
Mad_Max
Lake Chapala Crime
CheenaGringo
MexicoPete
Seventyseven
Traveller
kipissippi
brigitte
Hensley
Jim W
Lady Otter Latté
windrider17
CanuckBob
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Partial break-in and theft in La Floresta Empty Partial break-in and theft in La Floresta

Post by CanuckBob Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:23 pm

My maid told me that her other client in La Floresta was burgled last night. While they didn't get into the house, they broke a window through the bars and used a long hook to pull the two laptops close enough to reach through and take them. The people and their two dogs were sleeping upstairs and didn't hear a thing.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Partial break-in and theft in La Floresta Empty Re: Partial break-in and theft in La Floresta

Post by windrider17 Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:16 pm

I'm guessing the baricades didn't catch anyone.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Partial break-in and theft in La Floresta Empty Re: Partial break-in and theft in La Floresta

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:59 pm

And they did not keep these thieves out. I am surprised. It seemed like such a good idea.  Rolling Eyes 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:05 pm

Two lessons to be possibly learned here:

1) Don' t keep any valuables by the window even if it is barred.

2) Keep your dogs out of the bedroom at night so they can hear these things and alert you.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:18 pm

Good points.
In this case, either the windows had no coverings or the laptops could be seen from outside. Or someone knew they were there and came to get them.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:39 pm

Sounds like an inside job. Lots are large in La Floresta.....hard to believe the thieves were going from home to home looking thru windows. Just sayin.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:20 am

I was getting a pedicure yesterday and the a lady in there told the manicure lady she was having a bad day, she asked why and the lady said because they were robbed that morning through a broken window, she said no one was hurt, that is all I heard.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:58 am

Thieves do go around at night checking houses, I know that first hand and so does my neighbor. It could also be someone who knew where the computers were and came ro get them. It is a good idea not to have the dog in a cozy spot or he will happily sleep through anything...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:34 am

There was a posting on the other board about it yesterday.... seems to have vanished. Imagine that.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:11 pm

According to the established policy of TOB, there is no crime of any kind at Lakeside. None. Ever. Never.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Yes.... I've heard you have to click your magic red slippers together to even get in!! Very Happy 
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:49 pm

If anyone knows the people involved, could you ask them to post it on lakechapalacrime.com?

Might save someone else from losing their valuables......
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:02 pm

Bridget, They do look in windows frequently, my property is right on the street. All they have to do is walk over some grass, take a peek. They have, that is why i do not have anything within view if the shades are open. It also could be an inside job. Best the workers do not see your easily portable devices. Do you know the location in Floresta? I have a feeling it is not near the lake. They sound like decent theives, quiet fast and non violent.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:34 pm

Lady Otter, They do have crime dicussions on Chapalawebboard. There is one today about an incident in the Superlake parking lot. Sometimes they remove posts, but not always.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:51 pm

February 22 post by Chapala, the chapala.com administrator:
"Local crime reporting is not permitted on this board, please visit lakechapalacrime.com to report a crime."

It will be interesting to see what happens with that "personal robbery" thread which clearly violates chapala.com´s own stated rule.
BTW, I could not find on Chapala.com a listing of their rules. I found this one by doing a database search. How can people get warning points and banned for violating rules if they do not know what they are?
It said something about posters are expected to follow forum etiquette but, as we well know, that varies from forum to forum.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:01 pm

Lady Otter: simply go to the Chapala.com forum and choose "Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara"

The very first post, "which is pinned by the way", is titled :"Reporting of Crimes-Updated 22-FEB-2014" This first post states what you posted above about not allowing posts about crimes.

Although I wish they would allow posts about crimes on TOB some of what was posted before they started clamping down was greatly exaggerated, and could have overly scare potential readers who were thinking of moving to Lakeside
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:09 pm

Probably the worst part of the censorship is that people's imaginations kick in.  They may imagine scenarios much worse than that deleted.  When people smell "cover up"...
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:15 pm

Fact of the matter is that people simply are not reporting crimes on the Lake Chapala Crime site.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lake Chapala Crime Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:36 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Fact of the matter is that people simply are not reporting crimes on the Lake Chapala Crime site.
Gee - and here we thought Lake Chapala was now suddenly crime free.  It would burst our bubble if we thought for one minute that there was actually crimes being committed - but people wanted to keep them secret.

Back to reality - the website was established to keep the community informed of crimes.  Perhaps because of the novelty, many, but not all, did report crimes.  In the last few years that has slowed down - and occasionally we receive emails letting us know that we, as volunteers,  should work harder and longer to convince people to file reports.    And yes, we have thrown in the towel twice - because the community didn't seem interested.  But we are still there - with 100% of the data.  In the meantime, the Guadalajara Reporter has given us good publicity through out the years. (I said good - not wonderful).  But the bottom line is that there is a lack of community support - and lately nothing has been reported.  The bottom line is also that many don't understand the judicial system (which doesn't work very well).  

The Ministerio presentation a few months back at LCS was poorly attended -and we wonder how long the LCS ministerio schedule will last (we wish them well, but think they need well wishes)

And then again - maybe Lakeside is really finally crime free - except for an occasional misunderstanding  - like fixing a gold chain:)

Lake Chapala Crime

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:35 pm

Well Darn! I was beginning to believe that the Lake Chapala area was crime free!

If one looks back in time to the so-called "Crimestoppers" effort and the attempts since, the Lake Chapala area is no different from places NOB. Human nature is to get all worked up if a crime happens close to home or if it is particularly horrific. But then they revert back to their self-centered lifestyle and cannot be bothered.

Does a person deserve the right to criticize when they are unwilling to jump through the hoops to properly report a crime and followup?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:05 pm

The attitude here seems to be: don´t bother reporting crimes; the police won´t do anything about them.
So people tend to not report crimes and, sure enough, the police don´t do anything about them.
Then the people say, "See, I told you. The police never do anything."
Funny how things work out that way.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:53 pm

LakeChapalaCrime.com will close again if no one reports. RIGHT?? If you can't deal with the MP, at least give the info to the crime site. It may help others. Life dosn't always revolve around forums or even GR. Most elderly dont go on line, or if they do it is just to send an email. They may not even know about your site, or think it is closed. I know this for a fact, as I have spoken with several people. LCS should report into the site as well.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:58 pm

Pete, The crimes were not greatly exaggerated on Chapalawebboard. There was one hystrionic woman who kept posting gory details of the same crime all day long. That was why they pulled the plug. Then they let some reports stay later on. Now it is at the discretion of the mods. There is nothing wrong with censorship.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:32 pm

77, since chapala.com has posted an update to their rules that says:

"Local crime reporting is not permitted on this board, please visit lakechapalacrime.com to report a crime."

would you please refer us to where it says that reporting crimes there "is at the discretion of the mods."

Thank you.

Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:12 pm

It doesnt "say" at the discretion of the mods. But they sometimes do allow some reports. They kind of see how it goes. Sometimes it stays, other times it gets deleted. So yes, it is at their discretion. The chain topic may stay, as it is not too frightening.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next