INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

they are coming down !!

+22
brigitte
zenwoodle
mielicita
Rosa Venus
Jeff Raybourne
Jerry00
itsme
Zedinmexico
slainte39
kipissippi
Playaboy
CheenaGringo
Lady Otter Latté
Trailrunner
Sideways
Seventyseven
arbon
elizabeth63
Mainecoons
gringal
viajero
hickton
26 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

they are coming down !! - Page 3 Empty Re: they are coming down !!

Post by Jeff Raybourne Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:28 pm

gringal wrote:  Whether mordida keeps them up or they go down is a question we shall eventually see the answer to.  Or not.

There have been more than a few accusations that payoffs are involved in keeping the barriers in place. Is this an assumption or is there any evidence of this taking place? Some have even directly accused the municipal president of being bribed. My unsolicited advice is to be a little more careful with these types of accusations.

Jeff Raybourne
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:40 pm

Jeff Raybourne wrote:
gringal wrote:   Whether mordida keeps them up or they go down is a question we shall eventually see the answer to.  Or not.

There have been more than a few accusations that payoffs are involved in keeping the barriers in place. Is this an assumption or is there any evidence of this taking place? Some have even directly accused the municipal president of being bribed. My unsolicited advice is to be a little more careful with these types of accusations.

I have no idea who or what may be involved in this matter, and am accusing no one. Others have suggested the possibility. The only "evidence" is that the barriers are still there and operating, and that's not much to go on. What we have, officially, is the promise that they are illegal and will go down. How soon? Who knows.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:43 pm

This is not America or Canada, it is another country and another system. I do not advise engaging a lawsuit, or even mentioning the word legal. Unsoliticed advice.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:07 pm

Seventyseven wrote:This is not America or Canada, it is another country and another system. I do not advise engaging a lawsuit, or even mentioning the word legal. Unsoliticed advice.

At this point, I suggest reading the article about this in the current Guadalajara Reporter, page 11, for more information.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:07 pm

Jeff, we have an example of what Playaboy is writing about right across the street from me.  Sorry to say but there it is. Feel free to stop on by and take a look. I'll show you a building permit for a mirador. That third story addition complete with elevator is just a distortion in your vision.

Blackeye 
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:13 pm

Mainecoons wrote:Jeff, we have an example of what Playaboy is writing about right across the street from me.  Sorry to say but there it is.  Feel free to stop on by and take a look.  I'll show you a building permit for a mirador.  That third story addition complete with elevator is just a distortion in your vision.

Blackeye 

I know the one of which you speak. Pretty blatant. Mine is even closer: right on the other side of the wall. Then there's the ones currently under construction a few blocks down, and I'm sure there are even more.
 Beer 

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Raybourne Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:46 pm

Mainecoons wrote:Jeff, we have an example of what Playaboy is writing about right across the street from me.  Sorry to say but there it is.  Feel free to stop on by and take a look.  I'll show you a building permit for a mirador.  That third story addition complete with elevator is just a distortion in your vision.

Blackeye 

Regardless of what or how you feel about these types of situations, unless you have proof of a payoff and want to pursue the issue, you're better off not making public accusations.

Jeff Raybourne
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:15 pm

Welcome to the real world of Mexico, Jeff. We're happy to have you join us.

mariachi 
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:08 pm

Jeff, This is how it works here. Mainecoone's and Playaboy are correct. Everyone talks like this, especially the Mexicans! It is no big deal, it is not an accusation, but daily life. There are many many threads about bribes and payoffs on several expat forums. I know of two cases (i will leave the locations out), where noisy businesses were opened in residential private neigborhoods. (violating every rule). As time went on, there were illegal billboards to advertise the growing business. It become more bold every year. No one could stop it. I know one of these business owners (mexican), so i know the story.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:26 pm

bennie v. bennie2 smackdown. Bring it.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:35 pm

Well 77 - you have proven not to have gained any intelligence during your sabbatical! I know people who don't even have a GED who can write in a fashion that shows greater intelligence and grasp of the English language than you exhibit in your posts. Talk about being totally clueless!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:05 pm

The content is 100% correct. Looks to me that you may be in denial about Mexican life.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mielicita Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:11 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Well 77 - you have proven not to have gained any intelligence during your sabbatical!  I know people who don't even have a GED who can write in a fashion that shows greater intelligence and grasp of the English language than you exhibit in your posts.  Talk about being totally clueless!

oh CG see Rosa Venus' post above yours......77 has more personalities between this board and TOB than you can count.....seriously, she seems to love TRYING to change her style...but that and her silly comments show her up everytime. she's definitely having fun with all of this....meanwhile those barriers have got to come down...i for one do not like driving the carretera at night and prefer to go the "back way".

in MHO the barriers don't keep out the "rateros" and serious thieves and / or violent characters. the guys who murdered nina and eduardo could have just walked over....as many bad guys do. ya think if i was going to rob a house and perpetrate murder and mayhem, i'd park outside...not likely.

mielicita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Raybourne Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:20 pm

Mainecoons wrote:Welcome to the real world of Mexico, Jeff.  We're happy to have you join us.

mariachi 

I am not new to this country and have been happily married to a norteña for many years.

Jeff Raybourne
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:11 am

Seventyseven wrote:Jeff, This is how it works here.

You are going to tell him how it works here?...... What a joke of a statement.
He has forgotten more about Mexico then you could ever possibly know.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:27 am

You can walk into Floresta, but you cannot carry out a large t.v. Why dosn't someone ask the President about that LACK of security that exists even with the barriers?

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:46 am

Always look on the bright side of life. Beer Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:00 am

hickton wrote:the amount of information flowing from the mouths of those who reckon they know how the system works here is a joy to behold !! a guy slurping and goggling babes on the beach, must have a wealth of experience in Mexican matters. the guy who is on the ajijic advisory committee, who I am sure must mix and speak with the locals in their own language  , to understand what the locals need, will therefore have to accept if in the view of playaboy, the committee is a waste of time and effort. if as he says" nobody asks ex pats anything" . "the powers that be don't want your opinion".
I suggest  that those who don't integrate with mexico and Mexicans and rely on  gringo scare mongering  myths, should broaden their local knowledge before posting such drivel.

Actually, I live right down the street from you.  I am only vacationing on the beach slurping and ogling the parade that struts by.  I still have a pulse.  I did learn a new Spanish word yesterday, tanguitas.

Hickton, you seem to be very passionate about this.  Committee's, petitions, meetings and more meeting, the barriers are still there.  That NOB approach hasn't worked in a month.  I wanted to point out another way of getting things accomplished.  

I don't take pleasure from peoples suffering.  I hope the barriers come down tomorrow.  I hope you become a happy person again.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:28 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Well 77 - you have proven not to have gained any intelligence during your sabbatical!  I know people who don't even have a GED who can write in a fashion that shows greater intelligence and grasp of the English language than you exhibit in your posts.  Talk about being totally clueless!

And once again all you have to offer is personal attack.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:48 am

Please explain the difference between a statement of fact and a personal attack.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Raybourne Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:14 am

Playaboy wrote:

I don't take pleasure from peoples suffering.

"Suffering" is a little over the top, don't you think. Inconvenienced, perhaps.

Jeff Raybourne
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:40 am

If blocking the road is so bad for the villages at either end the people living at either end will take care of the barriers. People do not have to go that way as the carretera is open , frankly I do not see the big deal..so youe backway to Superlake is blocked, just go the other way .
Eventually the barriers will go down because they do not make sense just like some topes get demolished the barriers will go away..just wait and take the caretera meanwhile.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:54 am

Jeff, One can live here and marry a Mexican but still be naive. There was a time when there was no highway going to Guad. People had to drive thru Chapala, it was not a big deal. Also we do not know how many residents of Floresta signed their own petition and had meetings themselves. There are details here which people are not aware of. Cheena Gringo, Perhaps you might want to go to Octagon, this topic is an important one for people who live here.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:16 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Please explain the difference between a statement of fact and a personal attack.

Everything is a personal attack....open your mouth....disagree....shoot the messenger.... Rolling Eyes

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:30 pm

mielicita, Speaking of Nina and Eduardo and the incident. The murderers did park outside. They were not on foot, as they had to carry the flatscreen t.v. Get the facts straight.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:32 pm

theres not been any information from la floresta. nothing. was a unilateral descion , no attempt to speak or inform those who are affected.
the facts are
they are illegal, they have to come down, source, municipio Chapala. also stated in guadalara reporter.
they are an annoyance . im still very happy. its not the end of the world, but as I said before what would you do if you had the same problem in your country ? you would at least complain. its the same here. we were specifically asked by Mexican authorities to provide petitons, don't know why, but we have done it. and signed in the large majority by Mexicans, who live on the affected street and close surroundings.
this is not a gringo thing. as to wether any payment has been made is a gringo assumption, and should not be discussed openly. there is no evidence of this, and is totally wrong to tar every politico or official with the same brush, but we are not naive. we will continue to pressure the president and his staff to remove the barriers as soon as possible. this is a quote from a Mexican neighbor !!
hopefully the same people who took them down after the party last week return !! I for one will buy them a beer or three!!

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next