INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

some help with choosing a phone etc..

3 posters

Go down

some help with choosing a phone etc.. Empty some help with choosing a phone etc..

Post by solajijic Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:53 pm

I know absolutely nothing about phones or tablets. I got a cheap phone last year up north with a monthly cost however my daughters and friends use text and other of those things to communicate. I was shocked at how rarely anyone, regardless of age actually called the number. This year I have to get a phone large enough to see the messages, which takes those app thingys and which I can use for email. It has to work here in MX, in the US, and while I travel thru Europe and Bangladesh, India and Thailand. That would be one of those unlocked and SIM replacement phones.

Does this phone do all those things?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400654423433

any other suggestions? I can't see spending a couple hundred on a phone but will if absolutely necessary.

Thanks in advance.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

some help with choosing a phone etc.. Empty Re: some help with choosing a phone etc..

Post by sparks Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:28 pm

>>>> Does this phone do all those things?

Yes along with many other phones. The concern should be getting service. You certainly don't want to pay roaming charges to some US company as you bounce around the world. Roaming with just a phone would be bad enough but Internet service would be killer. Maybe just rely on WiFi for Internet.

How long in those other countries? Buy a service there, roam or use WiFi
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

some help with choosing a phone etc.. Empty Re: some help with choosing a phone etc..

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:12 am

I think you need to talk to someone before you buy to explain all this stuff to you. It is kind of hard to answer your question the way you
asked it. Sparks did a good job.

I have a magnifying glass I use to see numbers.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:01 am

Did you get the info you needed Solajijic?

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down