INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need to Eat More - Drink Diet Soda

+5
Zedinmexico
zenwoodle
CanuckBob
Axixic
CheenaGringo
9 posters

Go down

Need to Eat More - Drink Diet Soda Empty Need to Eat More - Drink Diet Soda

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:28 am

"Drinking diet soda just makes you eat more"

"Don't depend on diet soda to help you lose weight. A new study shows that overweight and obese people who drink diet beverages consume more calories from food than heavy people who consume sugary drinks, according to a new Johns Hopkins study.

“When you make that switch from a sugary beverage for a diet beverage, you’re often not changing other things in your diet,” says lead researcher Sara Bleich, associate professor in the department of health policy and management at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Bleich and other Johns Hopkins researchers used data from the 1999-2010 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. For this study, published Thursday in the American Journal of Public Health, they analyzed participants’ recollection of what they’d had to eat and drink over the past 24 hours...........

http://www.today.com/health/diet-soda-probably-not-going-help-you-lose-weight-2D11940230

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Need to Eat More - Drink Diet Soda Empty Re: Need to Eat More - Drink Diet Soda

Post by Axixic Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:04 am

I wouldn't have thought that a study was needed - this just seems intuitive. If you consume something that is sweet your body gears up for input of calories. If the sweet substance doesn't provide the calories that your body is now geared up to receive you will seek them elsewhere and you will eat more.

(Let me have a double cheeseburger with bacon and an order of fries with gravy. Oh, and a diet Coke.)
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:15 am

Haha......I love seeing some obese person in the line ordering a triple burger, supersized fries and a Diet pop. Kind of like throwing a tablespoon of water onto a forest fire.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:34 am

How about those who order a Starbucks "triple non-fat caramel latte with extra whipped cream"? And then to complete the picture - the gooey-est and richest pastry available!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:41 am

Stop it... You're making me hungry  Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:58 pm

I used diet soda to lose weight and didn't eat more food. I think some folks are rationizing
things a little bit. Most of the diet stuff other than Stevia is poison anyway in my opinion.
Latest study on Splenda is it kills good microbes in your gut. No doubt in my mind that Aspertame (NutraSweet) is poison. My mother eats anything with Aspertame and she spits
it out because to her it is bitter and yes I did a double blind test on her and she could pick out Aspertame anywhere. First time I have ever seen my 84 year old mother spit.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by DonPito Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:34 am

Well Axixic and Bob, just so you know. I'm diabetic (and a fatboy). I can eat a double cheeseburger and a diet coke, and my blood sugar barely moves. But change it for a regular coke, toss in some fries and my blood sugar goes to the moon.

DonPito
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:44 am

as one diabetic to another don pito,if you have a cerveza instead of the coke with the burger and fries, you should be ok.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:09 am

Alcohol and diabetics -

http://www.webmd.com/diabetes/drinking-alcohol
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:10 am

lunateak wrote:Alcohol and diabetics -

http://www.webmd.com/diabetes/drinking-alcohol
as one who has had no difficulty controlling his diabetes with a bit of metformina and diet including alcohol and [GASP] puros in moderation- i don't need this kinda google. but others may thank you.
yes, i continue to amaze my doctors and no doubt will be written up in lancet and the new england journal of medicine-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:31 am

Thank you for the link, Luna. Everyone has their own ways of dealing with disease and their body. Sometimes it works out well for them and other times it does not. I had a good friend who thought he was personally managing his diabetes just fine--until he had a leg amputated. As with everything else in life, you pays your money and you takes your chances.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:49 am

your brain is your best medicine.
as to leg amputations with diabetes,you will have other symptoms of milder form long before that becomes necessary. your friend seems to have ignored those.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:58 pm

I do not know my friend´s medical history so I would not presume to judge him, his life or his choices. As I said, everyone has their own way of dealing with disease. Perhaps he was one of those people who do not believe the things that apply to others apply to him, that somehow he was special. He may well have believed that what happens to other people could never happen to him because he is too smart or blessed or something. Also, denial is powerful and it can blind some people to the reality of their situation until it is too late. My friend may well have been one of those people. I do not know.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:30 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I do not know my friend´s medical history so I would not presume to judge him, his life or his choices. As I said, everyone has their own way of dealing with disease. Perhaps he was one of those people who do not believe the things that apply to others apply to him, that somehow he was special. He may well have believed that what happens to other people could never happen to him because he is too smart or blessed or something. Also, denial is powerful and it can blind some people to the reality of their situation until it is too late. My friend may well have been one of those people. I do not know.
Deleted
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down