INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheers! Drink beer and live longer

+2
Parker
CheenaGringo
6 posters

Go down

Cheers! Drink beer and live longer  Empty Cheers! Drink beer and live longer

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:04 pm

[b]"Up until you're 21, you're told that drinking alcohol is bad. Then you're suddenly told that, really, it's drinking alcohol and driving that's bad. The latter is definitely true. But the former? Scientists aren't so sure.

Case in point: During a five-year period, lifetime alcohol abstainers were 19 percent more likely to die than regular drinkers, defined as having one or two drinks, three or more days a week, say Virginia Tech University researchers.

Those who never touched the bottle were also roughly 56 percent (!) more likely to experience coronary heart disease than regular drinkers, found the scientists, who crunched data from a government survey of nearly half a million Americans...........

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46880164/ns/health-mens_health/#.T3ZWj2VdmnI[b]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Cheers! Drink beer and live longer  Empty Re: Cheers! Drink beer and live longer

Post by Parker Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:09 pm

Now this is how my Dad would define this situation. It’s just not good to be a “Tight-ass” HaHaHa! Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Cheers! Drink beer and live longer  Empty Re: Cheers! Drink beer and live longer

Post by brigitte Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:39 pm

Ok so you will have less heart problems and more problems with cancer so one way or the other you will die..may be a little later and in a much more horrible way....ask the French.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:19 pm

At the risk of being obvious..........how 'bout landing somewhere between a teetotaler and a serious drinker.....you know, moderate?
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:31 pm

Two glasses of wine a day is healthy for your heart. I wished I liked wine, but I don't drink, so I guess I won't live as long as most of you. You know what they say, only the good die young. ROFLMAO
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:50 pm

A couple of drinks a day has been known for years to be a healthy practice. Doctors (gasp) recommend it.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down