INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electronic Facturas - Mandatory for 2011 - No more paper ones

3 posters

Go down

Electronic Facturas - Mandatory for 2011 - No more paper ones Empty Electronic Facturas - Mandatory for 2011 - No more paper ones

Post by Intercasa Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:56 am

The taxing authority is requiring electronic facturas for all transactions over $2,000 pesos starting in 2011. Now you'll be required to emit them via an authorized certified provider which there appear to not be any at the moment. One way to avoid this was to buy a computer program and issue a factura today where you aren't required to use the non existing intermediary and pay per factura.

Looks like this will apply to larger firms (billing more than $4,000,000 pesos annually) but don't be surprised if they cut the limits to include almost everybody in the next 1 to 3 years.

Last edited by Intercasa on Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Electronic Facturas - Mandatory for 2011 - No more paper ones Empty Re: Electronic Facturas - Mandatory for 2011 - No more paper ones

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:59 am

What exactly does that mean Spencer? What is an "electronic facturas"? What sort of transactions are you refering to? Wire transfers? The reason I am asking is that I have to wire some money down next week for my rental.

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Electronic Facturas - Mandatory for 2011 - No more paper ones Empty Re: Electronic Facturas - Mandatory for 2011 - No more paper ones

Post by Intercasa Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:20 pm

In Mexico in order to be able to deduct an expense on your taxes for business purposes you need a special type of receipt called a factura and it must list your company name, Tax ID#, and address exactly as registered with the tax authority or you cannot write off the expense. In the US you can use receipts with no name or cash register receipts. In Mexico it is a very formal and unforgiving system.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:22 pm

Got it. Thanks for clarifying.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Electronic Facturas - Mandatory for 2011 - No more paper ones Empty What about for medical expenses?

Post by simpsca Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:55 am

Intercasa wrote:In Mexico in order to be able to deduct an expense on your taxes for business purposes you need a special type of receipt called a factura and it must list your company name, Tax ID#, and address exactly as registered with the tax authority or you cannot write off the expense. In the US you can use receipts with no name or cash register receipts. In Mexico it is a very formal and unforgiving system.

I need facturas for my medical insurance here in Mexico - to get reimbursed. What exactly is am "Electronic Factura"? So far I've been able to submit written or printed facturas as long as they are on that "official" looking form.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down